You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) Premier League - 21/1/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Not an end of cycle at all. Most players are still in their prime.

Just need to add a few quality players and get rid of the shite.

Will this happen? Nope. 2 reasons. FSG tight cunts and Klopp is not savage enough in getting rid of players.

The front 3 players all only have 2 years left on their deals. At least one of them is going, we're not keeping all 3. Wijnaldum is going. You've got Matip, Keita, Oxlade and Milner who are tenuous in this squad for multiple reasons. There is a chance to move people out here and change it up. And if we finish out of the top 4, and that's looking likely, it's a good excuse to do that. 

I haven't really looked at other teams schedule recently and therefore don't know how hard or soft any of the others have it from here but am I the only one thinking that given the circumstances 6 pts off the top at the halfway mark isn't the end of the title race for us?

We're dreadfully out of form and it needs sorting but there's plenty of football left to be played and we still have the CL too look play for. Playing United in the FA Cup is trash but it gives us a reason not to bin it off completely as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The players did appeal for the handball. Think there was Trent, Shaq and one other? Carragher's going oh his arm's in a natural place and it's hit close to him blah, blah, fucking blah. Yeah, funny as fuck a pen is given against Gomez at city for the same situation! Rule on handball be changed? Oh, that's ok then!

Salah appealed too.

VAR didn't spend any time to even look at the possible handball let alone spend ages with slow motion replays and from different angles if it was against us. What about pope time wasting the whole game? No card or warning either. Ref couldn't wait to give them the pen. 

• Upvote 1

We look like a time that's been playing at a 110% for 2.5 years and it's suddenly catching up with them. Not really sure how you handle this effectively with our squad and injury list.

Maybe null & voiding this season and starting again in August when the virus has hopefully fucked off, players are back from injury, refreshed and hopefully fans are back in the ground to cheer the players on or berate them when they're playing shit?  But then I guess the other teams would be against that this year? 

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The front 3 players all only have 2 years left on their deals. At least one of them is going, we're not keeping all 3. Wijnaldum is going. You've got Matip, Keita, Oxlade and Milner who are tenuous in this squad for multiple reasons. There is a chance to move people out here and change it up. And if we finish out of the top 4, and that's looking likely, it's a good excuse to do that. 

There was a stat the other day about how much less running Bobby is doing (Carra did on Sky Sports).

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, but he's been dreadful. We cannot affford to carry him any more.

Just look at the extra attacking edge that Jota has given us with his pace and work rate.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I was pissed off Bobby came on to be honest. Looked much more threatening with Origi

I know Origi missed that chance, but I thought he was playing okay. He was a physical threat and at least he was shooting.

It's not like Firmino would have put that chance away. 

Think it was harsh on Origi and no good for his confidence constantly being dropped/played/dragged off/thrown on.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Watford. 29th of February. 

Norwich away, 15th Feb. We struggled and needed Mane off the bench to score at the end. We played poorly.

Then we got beat by Atletico, scraped past West Ham 3-2, then got smashed by Watford, got beat by Chelsea in the Cup, beat Bournemouth 2-1, then got beat by Atletico again. 

Then it was lockdown. The results and performances have been hit and miss - varying wildly from smashing teams 4/5/7 nil, to struggling to hit a barn door.

I'm not complaining - we won the European cup and the league - I'll be happy for a few years.

We've not fell off a cliff though, it's been gradual - anyone who's read Dave match reports would see that I think, he's been questioning form and the front three for ages. 

11 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I'm not complaining - we won the European cup and the league - I'll be happy for a few years.

Before the start of this shambles of a season, up to now, I was quite happy to go through this decade sharing the title with City.

Roll forward to 2030 and I'd be happy to see us on 23/24 titles. I'm still of that mindset. We just John and Linda to get on board and I don't mean a fucking yacht.

I saw a comment saying it feels like I've been watching the same game for a month. Its about right in terms of coaching if feels like we've done absolutely fuck all but work on the same patterns of play. Its time for change we should be able to switch it up. Sit deeper spread our team, other teams are happy for our fullbacks to push forward, change it up, trents offering absolutely fuck all going forward anyway if anything hes making us worse. The tactics have been found out, teams with not a single  player who would make even the worst Liverpool side are dealing with us easily. I know there's fans especially on podcast who say we haven't been found out were just off form, im not having that, even chumps like us can see how desperately predictable we are playing. We can always revert back to whatever vision the manager has after we've been practical in a season that demands it.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Norwich away, 15th Feb. We struggled and needed Mane off the bench to score at the end. We played poorly.

Then we got beat by Atletico, scraped past West Ham 3-2, then got smashed by Watford, got beat by Chelsea in the Cup, beat Bournemouth 2-1, then got beat by Atletico again.

Those scratchy wins (Norwich, West Ham) were par for the course in the more successful part of last season, though. And away defeats in Europe are not uncommon under Klopp.

It’s really since March that our results have turned downward. A 50% win rate in that period is not impressive... 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I saw a comment saying it feels like I've been watching the same game for a month. Its about right in terms of coaching if feels like we've done absolutely fuck all but work on the same patterns of play. Its time for change we should be able to switch it up. Sit deeper spread our team, other teams are happy for our fullbacks to push forward, change it up, trents offering absolutely fuck all going forward anyway if anything hes making us worse. The tactics have been found out, teams with not a single  player who would make even the worst Liverpool side are dealing with us easily. I know there's fans especially on podcast who say we haven't been found out were just off form, im not having that, even chumps like us can see how desperately predictable we are playing. We can always revert back to whatever vision the manager has after we've been practical in a season that demands it.

Short arsed players in the box, below standard crossing and massive grock defenders blocking everything.

Even playing through them is hard. As has been mentioned previously, we need to move it quicker and actually have a shot instead of looking for the extra touch or pass. At least Chamberlain had the thought to have a couple of long range attempts whereas I lost count of how many times Gini shaped a bit of space and then passed sideways. In a Holland shirt he would've had a shot.

• Upvote 2