You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) Premier League - 21/1/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

What a meltdown of a season, good lord. There goes the centre back excuse too. Losing to Burnley, at home, with Fabinho and Matip at the back.

It's easy to forget we were once very good, but this genuinely looks like a 6th place team right now, at best. 

6th? Don’t think so, mid table for me Clive. We’ve fallen off a cliff. I posted earlier but has there ever been an example of such a dominant side completely and utterly imploding? I can’t think of one I really can’t. This team is shot to fuck, deficient in just about every area save for the keeper. I’ve honestly never seen anything like it. I wouldn’t back them to beat anybody.

23 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Shut your fucking trap. I'm hardly calling him out am I. I am sick to death of him not having any answers though. 

Now go get your fucking shine box. Cunt. 

id say he’s come up with enough answers without cunts like yourself questioning him. Now fuck off you entitled tit

There were about 3 or 4 times tonight that summed us up totally.

We were playing out from back and we must have made 10 passes and were still inside our own half as nobody had the vision or the balls to not just pass it safely and nobody in midfield was really showing for it with intent to pick it up and do something with it.

Meanwhile Burnley just dropped back into their shape and waited until ball slowly eventually made its way towards them and then as has been happening for ages just crowded out the static attackers who has received slow ball in static positions miles from goal.

6pts behind Man Utd now and 7 behind Man City when they win their game in hand...what a fucking title defence.

12 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

6th? Don’t think so, mid table for me Clive. We’ve fallen off a cliff. I posted earlier but has there ever been an example of such a dominant side completely and utterly imploding? I can’t think of one I really can’t. This team is shot to fuck, deficient in just about every area save for the keeper. I’ve honestly never seen anything like it. I wouldn’t back them to beat anybody.

Yes, us a number of times (before Klopp) before we fucking finally won the title .

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

What a meltdown of a season, good lord. There goes the centre back excuse too. Losing to Burnley, at home, with Fabinho and Matip at the back.

It's easy to forget we were once very good, but this genuinely looks like a 6th place team right now, at best. 

The centre back excuse was always a bit of a thin one. 

We aren't conceding many but are failing to score goals and even get shots on goal. That is caused by not buying a centre back which means our playmaking talent like Henderson and Fabinho (?) need to drop into defence, thereby disrupting the shape of the team which means we can't score goals or create chances. 

Erm, OK. 

Not a terrible explanation but isn't it just because our attack is crap? Occam's razor and all that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KingLuis said:

This team needs a back to basic.

Yeah I think so. Why does our whole team need to be forward congesting everything and encouraging teams to decide to sit deep and create a human wall. We need to use more of the pitch invite them to play the game so we can at least fucking run at their defence. We don't need our entire midfield, fullbacks and forwards all in the same area. It makes us vulnerable to the break and useless upfront. We think were penning them but its not theyre stifling us. Things change our tactics need too its not abandoning what brought us success its just adapting.

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

It's very bizarre. Again, centre back thing isn't helping, but it's like almost everyone has simultaneously started downing tools or entered rapid decline. 

People used to reference Klopp's last season at Dortmund as a catastrophic meltdown, but people who watched that team will tell you they were the unluckiest side of all time, hitting the post about 3 times a game, missing clear cut chances every game. This is very much not that. This is just a total loss of being able to do anything right. Very, very bizarre. 

15 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

We aren't conceding many but are failing to score goals and even get shots on goal. That is caused by not buying a centre back which means our playmaking talent like Henderson and Fabinho (?) need to drop into defence, thereby disrupting the shape of the team which means we can't score goals or create chances. 

Erm, OK. 

Not a terrible explanation but isn't it just because our attack is crap? Occam's razor and all that. 

You're missing the big picture.

Fab and Hendo in midfield allows the rest of the team to do what they do best. They have been the engine of us winning trophies.

They allow Trent and Robbo to bomb forward knowing they can fill in the gaps.

They pressurise the opposition and get the ball back as well as the pressing unit from midfield and front 3.

They provide our front 3 space to do their work.

I said this the other day. Fabinho is the best DM in the world. I was always against going into this season with 3 centre backs because 'oh but Fabinho can fill in if needed'. Heard this time and time again from people on here.

I couldn't give a fuck to be honest. He's a midfielder and under no circumstance did I want him playing at centre back.

We've been doing the whole playing central midfielders all across the back line and it has to fucking stop. Milner, Hendo, Gini, Fab, even Emre fucking Can.

We should have learnt from what happened to City last season what happens when you don't have adequate centre back cover and you start playing central midfielders there.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Erm, OK. 

Well, there's a balance you have to have in football. If you have no defenders, the team will have to play different and may be mentally more skittish. That's not been false. But yeah, when you have two class players at the back, a good midfield on paper and you're playing a mediocre side at home, and you're terrible again, the excuses wear thin. 

6 minutes ago, Jennings said:

No one appealed.

Other team's would have surrounded the ref. Am I suggesting we become a team who does that shit?

YES!!!

The players did appeal for the handball. Think there was Trent, Shaq and one other? Carragher's going oh his arm's in a natural place and it's hit close to him blah, blah, fucking blah. Yeah, funny as fuck a pen is given against Gomez at city for the same situation! Rule on handball be changed? Oh, that's ok then!