You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) Premier League - 21/1/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

The Watford game was the start of the levelling off.

It's gradually dropped off since. Shambolic performances against City and Arsenal away last season. I don't give a fuck if we've won the title, we don't lie down to anyone. That said, I would have rather seen the kids play for the rest of last season as I didn't give a fuck about the 100 points thing.

We looked awful in pre-season too.

We were were always scoring goals, but conceeding too.

Villa and Fulham games were as bad as the Stoke game under Rodgers.

The West Brom game was disasterous as teams figured out the put 2 banks of 4 and we haven't got a clue.

Klopp hasn't helped himself either with awful team selections and subs.

Heads now completely gone.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mathewbet1 said:

I thought that a handball by the way. utd would have got that.

Was a handball at the start of the season when they were being given for hitting a hand anytime.

but his arms were by his side no way is that a handball for me. The fact we need to scrape a pen against a shite Burnley side sums up how badly we’ve fallen in the last 2 months. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Some of you aren't drunk enough. I'm thinking bout what's on Netflix and tucking into cold pizza. 

Not

yet though, still 3/4 of a can left and wondering what clever shit I can say. 

It's 9am over here mate. I woke up at 6:30 and have had my entire day fucked by this shower. Work should be fun.

In terms of talking about Klopp's performance it is allowed. Its a basic reality of the job he is in. 

I remember Klopp talking about a conversation he had when Alisson first came to the club. He told Alisson that the goalkeeper position is a cruel position: you can be a hero but one mistake and suddenly everyone blames you and puts pressure on you and that Alisson would just have to accept that.  

Klopp knows the ruthless accountability of the profession he is in better than anyone so he doesn't need to be shielded from  receiving any criticism whatsoever. 

The reality is that Klopp and the coaching staff are great at coaching our players to retain the ball and control the game but they need to coach them to do more with it, especially against an organised defence that is in position. 

That observation isn't really criticism and I'm sure they are perfectly aware of it. They seem to be experimenting and trying a few things and changed personnel for this game but it hasn't worked yet. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Honestly we never seemed to be able to score. How come we have become so badly poor so fast ?

It's weird, I can understand one losing his form, it happens, but it's like a collective loss of form. 

What happened to when some of our midfielders would weigh in with double figure goals for the season? 

It's a weird season full stop, one that won't be remembered apart from the Covid shit, VAR and no crowds. 

Fuck knows who'll get the title, probably Man City but quite a few have a chance in this strange season, sadly it won't be us, it's as if the team has been nobbled like a thoroughbred horse turned into a ragmans cart horse, it's just fucking odd.

• Upvote 1

Really feel for the boys tonight, they tried hard all night but nothing came off for them. Even if we'd been given 3 pens tonight, you get the feeling we wouldnt have scored 1.

Divock should have scored, no doubt about it but even when Mo and Bobby came on, what difference did it make? The link up between them and Sadio was non existent.

This team really looks like it's run its course to me. Gini's faffing about over money supposedly. Mo, Sadio and Bobby dont look anything like a striking partnership, if you can have 3 in a partnership. They dont look on the same wave length any more irrespective whether you think they dont get on. Their movement doesnt look anything like you'd expect forwards to be.

Sadio just lofts aimless balls into the box, when was the last time he beat anyone dribbling into the box? Bobby's nowhere and Mo goes down a blind alley. I hate being critical of them after all they have achieved for us but they look done. They look like 3 individuals in a team. Maybe they each think if they score it will get the others scoring but that looks a forlorn hope to me right now. All 3 of them look as if they couldnt hit a cow's arse with a banjo even if the cow's arse was 6 inches in front of them.

People will be critical of Div tonight with some justification after the home run has gone but, we just weren't scoring. The only thing about long runs is they come to an end. All the fawning by sky over Burnley can fuck off as well. It's not like they played magnificently or created loads of chances. It was a pen that was the difference and I look forward to Mo being given pens when he catches the keeper's leg like that but we all know neither he or any of our players are getting that.

Alli doesnt make contact with Barnes, Barnes catches him. Maybe a pen according to the letter of the law but will we get that? There was fucking uproar when Mo was given a pen after the West Ham player kicked his foot so Im not holding my breath.

Jurgen needs goals and quickly. Trouble is you cannot see where they are going to come from with the front 3 and Div firing more blanks than a munitions starved Army infantryman. It's just lob an aimless ball into the box or, Trent just slam his cross into the first man. Why the fuck is he taking free kicks when most of them are finding the first defender or row Z? Talking of his crosses, how many has he just lofted into the keeper's arms this season?

We had chances in front of goal even after Div's miss and still couldnt find the net. I dont know about signing a centre back, I think we need a forward or two.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

Allison is brilliant and if it wasn’t for him we’d have lost against the mancs. Don’t know why he was going mad at the ref for the pen it was stonewall. 

Fucking Manc cunt Jasper Carrot clone was always going to give them a pelanty if he had the opportunity.

• Upvote 1

Just now, diamondjoe said:

Gonna just have to grin and bear it for the rest of the season. It's gonna stink but this group deserve a little leeway after the effort they've put in for nearly 4 years. 

THIS these boys have moved mountains last few seasons looks like that effort plus injuries have finally made us hit the wall.Im dissapointed but not ready to throw these boys under the bus its shit at moment but WE will be back

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3