You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) Premier League - 21/1/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Our form versus the bottom 6 pretty much tells us we won't finish top 4 unless something drastically changes, in my opinion the only real big change we can make is Jota unless we sign somebody and FSG won't spend money so thats not happening.

Floating crosses across the box needs to stop its beyond thick we keep going at it. Trent this season has been shocking and today he was an shitshow but our whole play around him has become predictable, he is the most predictable player in our side its like he's put a bin in the box and he's just trying to get the ball in it all game regardless of who is where.

Our shooting is absolute dogshit.

Klopp needs to call these officials out, nothing to lose as we are getting nothing anyway. Penalty at Newcastle, nothing. Nothing at Southampton. 

I know it is a ready excuse, but when they can foul your forwards with impunity and we can't press because they get fouls we are going to struggle. 

Mane shoots, defender goes through him, nothing. 

Barnes shoots, instigates contact, penalty. 

Barnes was doing it all night, making contact and getting the foul, it is why Fab got booked. Deliberate handball by Barnes second half, nothing.

Deliberate handball by Matip, booking. 

Yes, we have obviously been very poor and need to improve but I can't blame them mentally for thinking why bother, they will just find a way to fuck us over. Lots on here were saying they were more worried by VAR and refs than Man Utd at the weekend, they need calling out.

• Upvote 1

That is an absolute embarrassment and there is no sugar coating it, no bollocks about 'it is just a bad run' etc.

It has been coming for ages.

We have failed to register a win against any of the bottom 6.

We have won 2 of our last 8 PL games.

We haven't scored for about 440 mins in the league.

And to top it all off we've just pissed a 68 game unbeaten home league run up the wall v Burnley, fucking Burnley.

Every single one of those players involved tonight and across these last few weeks should hang their heads in shame and take a good, long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

Absolutely unacceptable shite.

Slow passing, poor movement, easy to counter, no fight, no end quality, poor decision making....just about every department is performing at the level of (at best) a mid-table team.

30 fucking years it took us to climb back onto our perch and right now it looks like we have fallen back off it without a fight in just a few months.

Where is the fight?

Where is the desire?

Where is the leadership?

And why, just why are we not sorting out what i believe is the root cause of a lot of our problems - the holes at centre half?

If you have to relinquish your hard fought for crown, at least do so with the fight of champions - this shower right now look to have about as much fight in them as some hand picked journeyman being fed to a prime Mike Tyson in 1986.

Get a fucking grip, redmen.

• Upvote 7

Ye have to laugh. Hubris is a big factor here IMO. Too many fucking shapers think they've done all they need to do.

Mo - waster. Head is in Spain.

Mané - clearly not well since covid.

TAA - gone backwards, the new Dele Ali

Matip - Perma crock

Bobby - past it. Can't run.

Thiago - not suited to PL.

Ox - fucked from injury, played out of position.

Minamino - lightweight Jersey, selling cunt.

Gini - leaving. Disaster losing him.

Origi - as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Shaq - hot and cold.

Gomez - perma crock.

The following are about the only one's worthy or any sort of praise:

Hendo - perma crock. Injured.

VVD - obvious reasons. Injured.

Milner - getting on. Injured.

Fabinho - feel sorry for him. 

Robbo - see Fab.

Think I'll just watch repeats of how good this team once was and fuck watching the rest of this season. We've been shite but it must be demoralising getting robbed every game by VAR.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Klopp needs to call these officials out, nothing to lose as we are getting nothing anyway. Penalty at Newcastle, nothing. Nothing at Southampton. 

I know it is a ready excuse, but when they can foul your forwards with impunity and we can't press because they get fouls we are going to struggle. 

Mane shoots, defender goes through him, nothing. 

Barnes shoots, instigates contact, penalty. 

Barnes was doing it all night, making contact and getting the foul, it is why Fab got booked. Deliberate handball by Barnes second half, nothing.

Deliberate handball by Matip, booking. 

Yes, we have obviously been very poor and need to improve but I can't blame them mentally for thinking why bother, they will just find a way to fuck us over. Lots on here were saying they were more worried by VAR and refs than Man Utd at the weekend, they need calling out.

It is blatant, no cb and this shit=give up seemingly. 

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

I’ve said it’s shit at the moment. But we’re not fighting off relegation and are still in two cups. If not immediately turning on the players and manager who brought home the PL after 30 years, and trying to support them through the bad times, makes me a pariah on match threads, so be it,

I was only joking mate. 

What constitutes a crisis is subjective, though. It's not turning on the players to consider our current form as such.

6 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Klopp should be ashamed that Origi is still our backup striker.

The lack of investment since being European champs is coming home to roost.

Klopp got lazy with the some aspects of the squad.

As I always keep saying, get inventive if FSG cunts aren't giving you the money.

Even Brewster and Elliott are better options than Origi, Ox and Minamino.