You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) Premier League - 21/1/21 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Updates from presser....

Klopp on Matip/Jota: "So first, Joel is in full training and we make a decision. Trained normal.

"Diogo is a few weeks away. Will not be next one or two. He needs time. How much I miss him is not important. I am not allowed to miss him. He is not there and we deal with it."

No mention of Keita i could see (maybe Klopp has finally just given up)

14 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Matip and Phillips in the centre of defence would be a good match-up for this game and allow us to have a go at a fully functioning midfield again. Would actually be a welcome dilemma choosing three from Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Thiago and Jones. 

Fabinho will be playing CB until Van Dijk returns, unfortunately I think we just have to get used to it.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mook said:

Fabinho will be playing CB until Van Dijk returns, unfortunately I think we just have to get used to it.

I get playing him at CB for playing top sides - but mid table / relegation sides at home do we need him there ? It would seem the perfect game to throw Philips in for his height to deal with set pieces and would help make our midfield awesome again.

9 minutes ago, Mark M said:

I get playing him at CB for playing top sides - but mid table / relegation sides at home do we need him there ? It would seem the perfect game to throw Philips in for his height to deal with set pieces and would help make our midfield awesome again.

I would have him in the midfield if it was up to me, Klopp has had him there for months against every sort of team though. Can't see him suddenly changing it for Burnley or anyone else.

7 hours ago, diamondjoe said:

Think Bobby's form has nosedived since his baptism.

Maybe he hadn't read Leviticus where it says " and the lord did say, stick in the back of the net you fucking beaut."

He needs a...baptism of firepower!

*Thomas Muller mic drop*

• Upvote 2

Even at the best of times, this lot are a bunch of stubborn awkward cunts and see last seasons game at home to

gauge on how this lot will play and perform tomorrow.

Trying to find a word to sum my feelings up for tomorrows game and tragically, Dread, is the word that keeps springing to mind.  

After the farcical player about 25 yards offside winning a ball and setting up a goal tonight for the cheats, i reckon it is odds on we will have what would have been a winner ruled out for an offside about 3 passes before goal that is the width of a boot lace measured by a wobbly line.

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

After the farcical player about 25 yards offside winning a ball and setting up a goal tonight for the cheats, i reckon it is odds on we will have what would have been a winner rules out for an offside about 3 passes before goal that is the width of a boot lace measured by a wobbly line.

The offside scene in STAR VARS.

Blue wins.

Unknown.jpeg