You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2021 Comp (Manager Poll & Team Name)

Bruce Spanner

Manager Situation?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to do?

• Same Manager (All have Klopp Clones)
    • Draft Managers

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What are we classing as midfielders/attackers here? It’s my turn in both but there are players that you’d think were “attackers” but in the game itself only play in AM...

@Bruce Spanner

A midfeilder is a midfielder an attacker is an attacker, I think we know the where the line is?

Messi isn't a midfielder though he has played in midfield, Pogba isn't an attacker though he attacks, think of Gerrard/Lampard at the furthest end of what a midfielder is.

I think it just comes down to groupthink.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

A midfeilder is a midfielder an attacker is an attacker, I think we know the where the line is?

Messi isn't a midfielder though he has played in midfield, Pogba isn't an attacker though he attacks, think of Gerrard/Lampard at the furthest end of what a midfielder is.

I think it just comes down to groupthink.

I’ll remember this post and expect you to step in when I object. I could do so already but I’m gonna let it go on the understanding that all of you cunts know I’ve now got my eye on you. 

• Upvote 1

IMO:

Attacker - CF, Inside forwards, Advanced wing forwards (Salah; Mane; Salah etc)

Mid - DMs, AMs, more conservative mid Wide players (e.g Milner; Ox)

All the choices so far look pretty reasonable. Ofc it’s difficult to define to a tee.

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I mean, I picked Coutinho myself in midfield. 

Yeah he’s probably borderline and a rare elite player who could fit either group? Personally unless there’s an egregiously manipulative choice like Bruce showed I’m sure it can fly w/o super strict parameter needed ? Everyone seems pretty reasonable so far. Already some nice teams shaping up.

3 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Ah... That's not on my radar at all. Are you saying that based on his position in the game, the AI wouldn't pick him as a right-sided forward in a front 3?

I'm assuming this is correct. He sort of can play as a striker but it's not his best position. 

https://www.fmscout.com/player/14000219/angel-di-maria.html

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Two threads stuck on Sir Rodger. 

Another two a turn or so away from him.

Has he done these drafts in the past?

He did say he wasn't getting the notifications from tags, so best to PM him when it's his turn.

I'll drop him a PM now as a gentle reminder.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Rolled the dice with Bale there, think some of his stats can be pretty random.  Worth it if it comes off.

Didn’t realise you’d picked him. I was just thinking that I’ll probably be picking in the morning and settled on him as my next one. You’re literally at the top of the list and I’m thick as fuck.