You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2021 Comp (Manager Poll & Team Name)

Bruce Spanner

Manager Situation?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to do?

• Same Manager (All have Klopp Clones)
    • Draft Managers

So thinking ahead...

Most drafts should be done today, barring the defenders, so I’m sure most people know how they are wanting to play etc.

I’ll send out instructions for creating a manager tomorrow, it’s not overly complicated, but will take a little time.

So player input and manager creation by Thursday should, realistically, be finished. Squad release on Friday and first round of fixtures Saturday.

I’ve done some trials with the players already chosen and it seems to work fine.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

So GK, Mid & (virtually) Atk done. Just Def to go. @Bruce Spanner, are you able to outline what tactical info you need from us? Can make a head start on that while Def category winds itself down.

You need to choose four formations preferred, second preferred, attack and defence.

The rest I’ll go through tomorrow as it all works as one and takes some thinking through as you have to set preferences for certain things using numbers, this is how you dictate how you play, I’ll go through it all tomorrow.

It’s simple, but you need to really think it through and consider how one affects the other.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You need to choose four formations preferred, second preferred, attack and defence.

The rest I’ll go through tomorrow as it all works as one and takes some thinking through as you have to set preferences for certain things using numbers, this is how you dictate how you play, I’ll go through it all tomorrow.

It’s simple, but you need to really think it through and consider how one affects the other.

I see. I thought you’d get to pick a manager and he could then apply his default tactics.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No, we’re building ‘us’ effectively and how you’d like to play.

I will show you examples tomorrow so you can emulate their playing style if you had a manager in mind.

Sure. Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

19 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This is the bit where we all fuck it up.

5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

This is the bit where we all fuck it up.

It’s within a spectrum, you can’t get it too wrong, only confuse things by picking contradictory ideas.

Its all based on preference using percentages so if you choose retain possession and counter attacking highly your team will be fucked as these things don’t work well together, but if you choose press and counter highly you’ll be successful. These are contingent on other factors as well such as your man management and ability to spot talent and traits in players and having players that can perform these things properly. 

Its fun and will all make sense tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Surprised that players like Mount, Veretout and Milik weren't chosen. I'm sure there's a whole bunch more omissions.

I was going to pick Mount as my last midfield pick but I already have what are essentially two attacking mids in Silva and Llorente so I went with more of an actual midfielder. Alli and Nainggolan are a couple of others I had jotted down. 

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Surprised that players like Mount, Veretout and Milik weren't chosen. I'm sure there's a whole bunch more omissions.

Think Mount is mainly potential in the game, he's good, but probably takes a few seasons to get much better.

edit: totally forgot about Alli, he was on my list. Also was considering Pedro for my last attacking slot. Haven't double checked if he was taken though.

49 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Picking 8 defenders is going to be tricky, I see my longlist being decimated by the post and may be relying on a few average players or young kids as backups.

I have picked a load of youngsters who have potential. If we ever get to 2027, my team will piss it.

• Upvote 2