You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2021 Comp (Manager Poll & Team Name)

Bruce Spanner

Manager Situation?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to do?

• Same Manager (All have Klopp Clones)
    • Draft Managers

9 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Right, bollocks, @Dynamite change, if you wish.

Everybody else just choose a third choice goal keeper free of any restriction.

If anyone chooses Reina though you can go fuck yourselves...

I’m keeping mine because a) he’s boss, b) he won’t get used and 3) the Pope shits in the woods 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Is she fit ?

She was, but full on mental apparently.

They moved in together quite quickly just before lockdown and midway through he just said ‘I’m getting cabin fever, a change of scenery might be good, so I’m gonna go back to my flat for a night’

She cut his clothes up so he couldn’t leave.

That’s a solid 8/10 on the mental fuckers index.

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

My probable starting 11 sorted

1838339_Boca_Juniors.jpg

Nice. 

Don’t think that’s how I’d like that side up, but I suppose that’s what makes it more interesting (ideally be dropping Fati for Jovic & rejuggling the midfield & attack formation).

What sight is it that does that again please?

I still cant decide between 4-2-3-1& 4-3-3.

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

@Bruce Spanner Just a thought on this, there isn’t going to be rules on homegrown player quota or non-EU or something players is there?

Feel that would fuck up nearly every team!

I was discussing this with him, he was going to make every player English but that just grates on me (?) so I’ve suggested making the league have no player restrictions which I think is possible in the editor. 

Still, it’s up to him, he might make every player English 

2 minutes ago, Mr Holliday said:

I was discussing this with him, he was going to make every player English but that just grates on me (?) so I’ve suggested making the league have no player restrictions which I think is possible in the editor. 

Still, it’s up to him, he might make every player English 

Urgh. We don’t want England winning the Euros at the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

@Bruce Spanner Just a thought on this, there isn’t going to be rules on homegrown player quota or non-EU or something players is there?

Feel that would fuck up nearly every team!

Every player is English, apart from Robertson who as I just couldn’t take his Scottishness away from him, and homegrown.

It’s far easier this way and means I don’t have to fuck about with rules and regulations.

The England squad in immense! 

1 hour ago, Dynamite said:

This image doesn't show for me on here, but I found it over on footballuser.

There's a handy squad builder site that gives you team ratings based on the FM21 stats - Here's yours:

image.thumb.png.4e9976be33bee07b4e907f41a8c696df.png

Great site - thanks for sharing. Believe my overall is 15. I assume the FM game engine is v nuanced though? There are a lot of old players w/ v. high ratings but interesting to see if that translates well over the course of a season or whether better to go with younger players irrespective of current rating.

6 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Great site - thanks for sharing. Believe my overall is 15. I assume the FM game engine is v nuanced though? There are a lot of old players w/ v. high ratings but interesting to see if that translates well over the course of a season or whether better to go with younger players irrespective of current rating.

You need a mixture - Mental stats play a massive part in the game as there's a whole bunch of hidden stats that are driven by these mental stats.

As you'd expect, older players tend to have more established mental stats, so while their physical stats will decline pretty sharply, they maintain their performance levels for a while courtesy of their mental & hidden stats.

In general, the opposite is true for youngsters who will have the upward trend in physical stats, but can take a while to establish their mental/hidden stats, so performances can be inconsistent initially.

Technical stats don't seem to see as much "natural" fluctuation when compared to the mental & physical stats, as these are far more affected by training, both individually & general.

Mentoring in the game is also a great way to influence how a youngster will progress.

1 minute ago, Dynamite said:

You need a mixture - Mental stats play a massive part in the game as there's a whole bunch of hidden stats that are driven by these mental stats.

As you'd expect, older players tend to have more established mental stats, so while their physical stats will decline pretty sharply, they maintain their performance levels for a while courtesy of their mental & hidden stats.

In general, the opposite is true for youngsters who will have the upward trend in physical stats, but can take a while to establish their mental/hidden stats, so performances can be inconsistent initially.

Technical stats don't seem to see as much "natural" fluctuation when compared to the mental & physical stats, as these are far more affected by training, both individually & general.

Mentoring in the game is also a great way to influence how a youngster will progress.

My Hulk pick will set a great example for the youngsters then: have a good first half of your career, and you too may be able to spend the second half in Chinese ignominy becomming Scrooge McDuck.

image.png

My side with next pick redacted. Planning to set up the midfield a bit more advanced (and obviously waiting for the manager to decide they prefer another player out of position).

The all-English thing will probably have an effect on player chemistry.

Not sure I'll line up exactly like this, but a potential first XI for me so far

sd_proto2.png

A little more pace wouldn't hurt, but I'm fairly satisfied with that.

If Scott and Pidge and Stig's sides are any indication, this is going to be a very competitive league.

I've looked everywhere on the DB and i can't find anything that changes the rules on HG etc, it must be hardcoded in.

So they'll all have to be English unless people want to swap out their fancy Dan forrin and bring in Danny Drinkwater and Phil Bardsley?

I've done it before and never had an issues.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Not sure I'll line up exactly like this, but a potential first XI for me so far

sd_proto2.png

A little more pace wouldn't hurt, but I'm fairly satisfied with that.

If Scott and Pidge and Stig's sides are any indication, this is going to be a very competitive league.

My only concern is that all the teams are so good that they cancel each other out and it's a season of draws, I don't think that's possible though...