You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2021 Comp (Manager Poll & Team Name)

Bruce Spanner

Manager Situation?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to do?

• Same Manager (All have Klopp Clones)
    • Draft Managers

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I have to confess, only having 2 goalkeepers in the squad is leaving me a bit anxious. What happens if they both get injured? Do we have some sort of randomly assigned cover?

How about we all have to pick a third goalkeeper who is under 21?

13 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

How about we all have to pick a third goalkeeper who is under 21?

I considered a third goalkeeper pick, but that would put the first pickers at an advantage. Unless it was combined with a 24th squad pick, a wildcard that could be any position.

20 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I considered a third goalkeeper pick, but that would put the first pickers at an advantage. Unless it was combined with a 24th squad pick, a wildcard that could be any position.

The wildcard was an option, but seemed pointless as a last pick and fucked everything up on the way the drafts are set up as we’d have to constantly cross reference.

I agree on the GK though, good idea.

I do like the wildcard idea though, it would allow you to take a punt on a wonderkid. If everything is in the spreadsheet then everyone should be able to check pretty easily at the end, right?

Edit - equally, don't make it any more difficult, you've already put shedloads of effort in, Bruce.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

As you can guess, this started as an idea and not a fully formed plan....

Its great mate, don't worry about it, appreciate the effort. Now that I've stopped mucking about trying to do it on my phone I'm well in to it, Brexit midfield and all.

23 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

On a different note, it feels like absolutely ages since I've picked a defender.

19 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Same here, it's weird how the defender draft is moving so much more slowly than the midfield and attacker ones.

I literally came here to just posts similar. I've not picked one since Wednesday morning.

1 minute ago, The Golden Eel said:

I'm not really objecting because I don't think it'll matter much, but I don't think this is fair really because a lot of the U21 keepers will be shit whereas you picked yours out of choice, so you'll essentially have three good keepers 

Yeah but my third choice keeper won't exactly be all that after 39 other picks! I don't mind either way, I'd also be happy if I had to pick another U21 keeper.