You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2021 Comp (Manager Poll & Team Name)

Bruce Spanner

Manager Situation?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to do?

• Same Manager (All have Klopp Clones)
    • Draft Managers

21 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I set preferred formations in the database, you have four to choose from dozens, and these are placed in to the game along with tactical instructions etc, so they are stuck to as a team ‘philosophy’. I’ll get this from you at the end. I’m effectively creating your wishes in manager form and they will stick to it as they’re ‘you’. That make sense? 

The managers will have your ‘names’, unless you want that changed? 

You’ll not be sacked as I’ve set season expectations to ‘avoid relegation’ so theta the chairman’s requirements. All fan data has been set to loyalty overload, so, I think, we’re pretty much safe for the season. If it does happen though I can just reinsert you. 

Fair enough. Tempted by the idea of giving them a hateable name so I can slag off Johnson Rees-Mogg, the useless prick, for the next month or so. 

33 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

That make sense? 

Yes

The managers will have your ‘names’, unless you want that changed? 

Changed. Can all the managers be called rb14 so I win, yet have a reason to complain bitterly about systemic homophobia?

I can just reinsert you. 

Gayeeeeeee. 

Seriously though Mr S, you're doing a fabby job here. I've no idea what any of it means, and never have I played FM so it's all a bit like "huh?" but I'm enjoying it so far and appreciate the effort you're putting in. Proper that. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Will there be a possibility for the Stig v Stronts grudge match to be live streamed?

I’m fully expected a 1970’s Leeds v Chelsea kicking match. 

I’m pretty sure you can watch the key games, I’m sure I could figure a system to watch the big ones collectively if people want that? 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Will there be a possibility for the Stig v Stronts grudge match to be live streamed?

I’m fully expected a 1970’s Leeds v Chelsea kicking match. 

I don't hold a grudge over SD. It's more pity, like Liverpool v Everton. 

Yeah majority of participants are mowing through selections, blockages are around the same points. Can we firm up the timings before next selection passes on? If a participant then comes back into the game once their turn has moved up through the chain they can just add their choice there and then (like I think Sir Roger did with his earlier). What is fair? 12 hours? 

5 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Yeah majority of participants are mowing through selections, blockages are around the same points. Can we firm up the timings before next selection passes on? If a participant then comes back into the game once their turn has moved up through the chain they can just add their choice there and then (like I think Sir Roger did with his earlier). What is fair? 12 hours? 

12 hrs seems fair, especially as ardja is in upsidesownland and he’s on a different time zone so will have obvious difficulties keeping up.

Bruce - I'm really struggling to keep track already, particularly on my phone. Not wanting to piss on your incredible effort so far, is there some online spreadsheet type thing we can use and search? After 6 picks it's going to become a nightmare.

2 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Bruce - I'm really struggling to keep track already, particularly on my phone. Not wanting to piss on your incredible effort so far, is there some online spreadsheet type thing we can use and search? After 6 picks it's going to become a nightmare.

I don't know how anyone else is doing it, but I have a long list of potential picks and cross them off whenever anyone chooses one of them. That way I shouldn't pick any duplicates by mistake.

7 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

No, but there could be, continue as you are for now and I’ll knock one up and share it online.

Shouldn’t take too long.

A quicker way would be to C&P in to word then con f this will search for you?

40 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No, but there could be, continue as you are for now and I’ll knock one up and share it online.

Shouldn’t take too long.

A quicker way would be to C&P in to word then con f this will search for you?

Cheers amigo. Yeah, that is a good way to do it but only when I'm at a computer, it's too much to manage on a phone.

17 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Cheers amigo. Yeah, that is a good way to do it but only when I'm at a computer, it's too much to manage on a phone.

On android click the 3 dots in the top right corner and click find in page, enter name and click search.