You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football Manager Comp.

Bruce Spanner

Just now, Dynamite said:

Bruce

Stig

Scott

Fake Captain

Bruce’s Mate

Dynamite

(What version of FM are you going to be using?)

(Also, I'd defo be up for a network game if there was sufficient interest)

I’ll buy the latest one.

That could be fun, but time consuming. I could set a shared database up though if there’s enough interest.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’ll buy the latest one.

That could be fun, but time consuming. I could set a shared database up though if there’s enough interest.

Not played FM21 yet meself - I don't like the look of the "improved" team talk and press interaction.

14 minutes ago, John102 said:

Not sure if any draft has seen 20 players. I only joined later ones like. Can you do a Scottish style league where everyone plays each other multiple time and I walk it, as the rest of you are shit.

Possibly.

I’ll give a two/three day sign up and then see where we are.

Could just keep ‘real’ teams in there to bulk out.

I think cup runs could be fun.

2 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Not played FM21 yet meself - I don't like the look of the "improved" team talk and press interaction.

You don’t need to do any of that, you choose somebody to do it for you.

I’ve not played it for a few years, it started to get overly complicated. 

Had the itch today and tried to find a way of avoiding that time sink hole.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

You don’t need to do any of that, you choose somebody to do it for you.

Oh, I know that, it's just getting worse version after version.

I've got some serious hours logged on FM over the years. FM20 was OK, logged just over 700 hours on that.

• Upvote 1

I've been playing since the very start. All the way back to the original Championship Manager.

Saved my paper round money to send off for a copy of CM Italia. Waited 2 weeks or so for it to arrive in the post - One of the greatest days of my life when the postie finally dropped it through the letterbox.

On a unrelated note, not sure if i've mentioned it before but in school, some lad tried to get a group game going. 

Must have been about 96 and he was the only kid who had it, as none of us had computers yet. His dad was a pilot. 

He charged us 10p a piece of paper, so if you wanted to see the transfer list, you had to pay him 10p to print it off. Similarly if you wanted to see your team, cost you money. 

Game only lasted a few weeks before we could no longer afford to keep up repayments. The cunt must have paid for his mum and dads house with the money he swindled from us. 10p a piece. You had lads chipping in together to see the stats of some French u21 gem as it was too steep to go it alone. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bruce’s mate seems a bit suspect to me. Just asked my daughter and she said she’ll play. 

It’s an account of a mate signed up for TSOP, he doesn’t post as I don’t think he can actually write, he’s a proper ‘tard.

Im going to rig it so Turdsette wins...

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

I've no idea what the requirement is here. How much time will this all take?

Probably a week to sort the teams, you’ll get a notification when it’s your turn to select.

Then we can do the tournament in a day or a year, it’s up to those involved and how the suspense is drawn out. 

But I’ll probably do a ‘game week’ a day, so about a month. You don’t need to do anything though apart from watch this part.