You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football Manager Comp.

Bruce Spanner

Hi all,

With the global shitfest being what it is, I’m a touch bored.

So I got to thinking about playing football manager to pass the time, but then realised it’s a complete time dump and I don’t really get much out of it, but if it could be a comp of some description then maybe it’d be fun, kinda like a real life fantasy football.

Edit: don’t worry about team, you can name your own and I’ll edit all the rating to be the same for fairness.

Plan is I’ll edit the database to create 20 teams and play a full season. So I need 19 others to select a team, manager and squad and then I’ll simulate the whole season, giving game week updates, that make sense?

So we’d draw lots and the first person has the choice team, manager or player then the next and so on all the way down. Do this until we have teams with managers and a squad of 20.

It’ll take some time to set up but could be a good way of proving once and for all who knows football best.

If we get 19 signed up I’ll set it up and move to the draft forum so we’re not clogging up the main forum.

If you fancy it just write your name below and I’ll get it going.

I’d have to buy / install it or whatever, but that sounds decent. 

I’ve not played a CM / FM since like 2004. It had a timer showing how long you’d played it. I had it a week and had played it 24 hours. I then decided I could spend my time better.

However, providing it’s not the full £30 version, count me in. 

You thinking of using the most recent version or like the CM 01/02 emulator? 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’d have to buy / install it or whatever, but that sounds decent. 

I’ve not played a CM / FM since like 2004. It had a timer showing how long you’d played it. I had it a week and had played it 24 hours. I then decided I could spend my time better.

However, providing it’s not the full £30 version, count me in. 

You thinking of using the most recent version or like the CM 01/02 emulator? 

No, I’ll do it all on mine, you don’t need to buy the game.

All you have to do is select a manager team and I’ll simulate a season, fuck playing it, it takes forever.

Ill just play with the database and then let the season run of its own accord and give ‘game week’ updates.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Count me in with nobs on. I went to play my FM14 earlier and the new macOS Catalina build doesn't support 32bit games or some shit (from a google search) so it won't load. 

Excellent, could be a bit of fun if we get a title race and cup runs out of it.

Could do player trades in Jan to make it more interesting?

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Excellent, could be a bit of fun if we get a title race and cup runs out of it.

Could do player trades in Jan to make it more interesting?

Nah fuck player trades. Don't make it too complicated. 

I imagine the regular draft lads will want a go at this? @lifetime fan @MegadriveMan @3 Stacks @Elite @Dynamite @Alex_K @John102 @aRdja @Sugar Ape @Lee909 @No2

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah fuck player trades. Don't make it too complicated. 

I imagine the regular draft lads will want a go at this? @lifetime fan @MegadriveMan @3 Stacks @Elite @Dynamite @Alex_K @John102 @aRdja @Sugar Ape @Lee909 @No2

Nah, it’s fine if both agree I just switch, could make it more interesting if people are flagging.

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

How many players would we all pick then?

Bagsy Thomas Svendel Larrson. 

Two keepers, eight defenders, six midfield and six attackers & one wild card.

That sound fair? 

Then in Jan if injuries are hitting we could swap players with each other, if both agree?