Quantcast
Football Manager Comp. - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Spanner

Football Manager Comp.

Hi all,

With the global shitfest being what it is, I’m a touch bored.

So I got to thinking about playing football manager to pass the time, but then realised it’s a complete time dump and I don’t really get much out of it, but if it could be a comp of some description then maybe it’d be fun, kinda like a real life fantasy football.

Edit: don’t worry about team, you can name your own and I’ll edit all the rating to be the same for fairness.

Plan is I’ll edit the database to create 20 teams and play a full season. So I need 19 others to select a team, manager and squad and then I’ll simulate the whole season, giving game week updates, that make sense?

So we’d draw lots and the first person has the choice team, manager or player then the next and so on all the way down. Do this until we have teams with managers and a squad of 20.

It’ll take some time to set up but could be a good way of proving once and for all who knows football best.

If we get 19 signed up I’ll set it up and move to the draft forum so we’re not clogging up the main forum.

If you fancy it just write your name below and I’ll get it going.

I’d have to buy / install it or whatever, but that sounds decent. 

I’ve not played a CM / FM since like 2004. It had a timer showing how long you’d played it. I had it a week and had played it 24 hours. I then decided I could spend my time better.

However, providing it’s not the full £30 version, count me in. 

You thinking of using the most recent version or like the CM 01/02 emulator? 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’d have to buy / install it or whatever, but that sounds decent. 

I’ve not played a CM / FM since like 2004. It had a timer showing how long you’d played it. I had it a week and had played it 24 hours. I then decided I could spend my time better.

However, providing it’s not the full £30 version, count me in. 

You thinking of using the most recent version or like the CM 01/02 emulator? 

No, I’ll do it all on mine, you don’t need to buy the game.

All you have to do is select a manager team and I’ll simulate a season, fuck playing it, it takes forever.

Ill just play with the database and then let the season run of its own accord and give ‘game week’ updates.

And can I be Liverpool please?

No matter what football game I play, I only ever pick us. Fuck being anybody else.

Just now, Scott_M said:

If I don’t have the game, how would I do it?

I would simulate the season.

Think of it like fantasy football, but you can see what your team would actually do.

So you select a manager and a team, I set this team up and then let it run and see how that team would fare.

Just now, Scott_M said:

And can I be Liverpool please?

No matter what football game I play, I only ever pick us. Fuck being anybody else.

I’ll change the teams name to whatever you want, but for fairness no team named Liverpool. 

Count me in with nobs on. I went to play my FM14 earlier and the new macOS Catalina build doesn't support 32bit games or some shit (from a google search) so it won't load. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Count me in with nobs on. I went to play my FM14 earlier and the new macOS Catalina build doesn't support 32bit games or some shit (from a google search) so it won't load. 

Excellent, could be a bit of fun if we get a title race and cup runs out of it.

Could do player trades in Jan to make it more interesting?

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Excellent, could be a bit of fun if we get a title race and cup runs out of it.

Could do player trades in Jan to make it more interesting?

Nah fuck player trades. Don't make it too complicated. 

I imagine the regular draft lads will want a go at this? @lifetime fan @MegadriveMan @3 Stacks @Elite @Dynamite @Alex_K @John102 @aRdja @Sugar Ape @Lee909 @No2

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah fuck player trades. Don't make it too complicated. 

I imagine the regular draft lads will want a go at this? @lifetime fan @MegadriveMan @3 Stacks @Elite @Dynamite @Alex_K @John102 @aRdja @Sugar Ape @Lee909 @No2

Nah, it’s fine if both agree I just switch, could make it more interesting if people are flagging.

If we want to take the manager out of the equation we could just choose one and then I’d change all managers to the same ratings, so it really is on teams selected, though I think the manager element might be fun.

May be easier.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yes, which is then simulated to see who would win.

Ok. I’ve regularly picked the best draft sides and not won.

Be a good opportunity to show my advanced knowledge.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

How many players would we all pick then?

Bagsy Thomas Svendel Larrson. 

Two keepers, eight defenders, six midfield and six attackers & one wild card.

That sound fair? 

Then in Jan if injuries are hitting we could swap players with each other, if both agree? 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What a fucking liberty. Can a mod please move this to the Draft Forum. 

It’s a hybrid.

I did say once people had signed up we’ll move it there as there’s only six people who go on there! 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Is it this season’s ratings and a pool of all the players in the world and not limited to the PL?

World, last year I suppose, that’s what the recent version is based on, right?