You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rest of The World - Bands - FINAL - Kraftwerk vs AC/DC

Bjornebye

Rest of The World - Bands - FINAL - Kraftwerk vs AC/DC  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Rest of The World - Bands - FINAL - Kraftwerk vs AC/DC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/01/21 at 19:00

7 hours ago, Mook said:

This 'shit Status Quo' thing must be a pisstake. This is not a shit Status Quo...

It was, I was taking the piss. I was just throwing shit hoping to generate an anti-AC/DC sentiment in a bid for Kraftwerk votes. I have nothing against AC/DC (apart from Thunderstruck which I think is the second worst heavy rock song after Enter Sandman). 

However I am over the Moon Kraftwerk won. I've been happy with all the winners. Bowie, Stones, Doors, Kate. 

I do think Springsteen should be given an honorary award for just being Springsteen though.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Some grim opinions early on in this thread, especially the people sniggering at the concept of actually listening to Kraftwerk. 

I genuinely can't relate to it. Like being into Hot Chip in the year 2050...

The rest was obviously piss-taking bluster. Don't have many strong feelings about them, but whenever I listen to it I hear nothing special whatsoever.

56 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I genuinely can't relate to it. Like being into Hot Chip in the year 2050...

The rest was obviously piss-taking bluster. Don't have many strong feelings about them, but whenever I listen to it I hear nothing special whatsoever.

Up to you, mate. I love them, personally.  I wasn't old enough to appreciate them in their prime, so in that sense, to me they've not dated at all.

There are loads of 80's records that still sound boss now, despite them being slightly hamstrung by the 80's production sound.

I wasn't around for The Beatles either but that doesn't stop me thinking they sound ace in 2021. I'm sure Elvis fans would say the same about him.  Good music should be timeless.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

You deffo need to elaborate here, so we can totally judge you. 

Just going by my avatar, check out Caution by Hot Water Music, or How I Spent My Summer Vacation by The Bouncing Souls.

Otherwise it's pretty much a story of pop-punk and third wave ska.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Just going by my avatar, check out Caution by Hot Water Music, or How I Spent My Summer Vacation by The Bouncing Souls.

Otherwise it's pretty much a story of pop-punk and third wave ska.

I don't know any of these in all honesty. I'm disappointed it isn't Girls Aloud, in all honesty. 

Although i still maintain that Call the Shots is one of the finest pop songs ever written.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Exactly.

It's all just opinions, people can like what they want. I still love loads of the early 00s music that would be roundly mocked on here.

I have no shame when it comes to Kraftwerk but there are other bands/artists that are dark dirty secrets. Didn't someone start a music shaming amnesty thread a while back?

The two bands you mentioned - hadn't come across them but liked the two tracks. Funny how taste works.