You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Most Exhilarating Sports Moments

Elite

My most exhilarating sport moment is for the wrong reason. I was with my missus manc family when Ageuro scored that last second goal to take the title from united. The rowdiness and back slapping into despair in an instant was genuinely beautiful. I left the house and did that jump in the air click the heels move with a grace that Simon and the witch would of applauded.

• Upvote 2

Gerry Armstrong goal for Northern Ireland versus Spain.

ran out front door of house over a lawn across the main road and stood in Rambo pose screaming for about 30 secs . Then it dawned on me I had no socks or shoes on and had tore the soles of my feet. Hobbled back to watch nail biting remaining 30 mins with 10 men.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Em City said:

David Rudisha winning the 800 metres gold and smashing the world record at London 2012. Maybe the greatest display of running of all time.

https://youtu.be/YKEOjWEzVGs

I was in the stands that night. I was just about to post that. I was bladdered but was still an incredible moment. 

1992 100m final was also the same. First Olympics i can remember. Felt like Christie, Burrell and Mitchell were going back and forth in the heats. Bolt in 08 and 09 were great too. Edwards in 95 also. 

Others that spring to mind were Carl Thompson flattening Haye and also Calzaghe against Lacey. I did think Hatton was dead too when he got flattened by Manny. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, John102 said:

Others that spring to mind were Carl Thompson flattening Haye and also Calzaghe against Lacey. I did think Hatton was dead too when he got flattened by Manny. 

My favourite ever performance in a ring from any fighter that. The American press didn't give him a chance and to be honest even the British boxing press was calling it for Lacy. The work-rate was just unbelievable and thats why for me he pips Lewis as the all time British P4P in my eyes. 

1993 10k final. 

Moses Tanui had led all the way, kicked off his shoe after Gebrselassie and went for home. Gebrselassie caught him with about 5 metres to go to win his first senior gold. 

I was 9 and couldn't believe the injustice of it all, but was amazed at the pair of them.

32 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Tempted to neg this, I fucking loved Wimbledon at the time and Ivanisevic is my favourite ever player. But instead of watching one of the best finals ever having seen so many where the wrong man won, I was working doing some shitty factory job listening to absolutely abysmal pop and 70s disco the local radio station insisted on playing. Absolutely gutted I missed this to this day