Quantcast
Booze Free Booze 0% - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Booze Free Booze 0%

Keep seeing that advert for 0% Gordons Gin. 15 quid a bottle as well. Whats the point? Gin isn't exactly tasty under normal circumstances 

71RPfdNE2ML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Anyone drink alcohol free booze? I can't see the point personally. 

Don't drink it myself like, but I can see why some might drink 0% bottled beer on a night out if they were driving. But a 0% spirit you're going to mix with something else anyway? Why would you be arsed?

I’ll drink a nonalcoholic beer with lunch on holiday as I like the taste and if I drink in the sun at lunch time I’m groggy as shit all day, don’t see the appeal otherwise.

Mikkeller do a load of really nice ones, I got one free with my monthly subscription, it was genuinely lovely, but I don’t think I’d ever buy one.

2 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

The best non-alcoholic drink in a pub was a fizzy water and blackcurrant, 25p a shot.

How much does that work out for a pint?

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Alcohol free cocktails.... just juice then.

Haha "virgin cocktails" they're called. Or as you say, soft-drinks. 

15 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I remember years ago trying some Kaliber on a night out when it was my turn to drive, it was rank.

I remember the advert on the telly for that Kaliber.

They had Lawrie McMenamy promoting it saying it was brewed like a proper lager and then they take all the alcohol out, or oot  as he pronounced it.

He got pulled for drink driving not long after if memory serves me.

Edit, it wasn't Kaliber, it was Barbican,  similarly shit.

• Upvote 1

The alcohol free lagers are all absolutely awful and taste nothing like it. Think I ahve had Nanny state and another punk one I forgot the name of and there were decent - I think IPA is probably a lot better to work with.

Plenty of point to alcohol free drinks: recovering alcoholics, those who want a more savoury drink with a meal or whatever before they drive somewhere, pregnant women craving a drink, those on a health kick who just crave the taste to name a few reasons.

Bought a few drinks for my wife when she was pregnant and the Nosecco and ginger wine were really good. She also had a gin and tonic style mixed drink that was nice as well.

I like the taste of most spirits so am reasonably intrigued to try the alcohol free ones, not admittedly enough to spend £15 on.

• Upvote 1

When I was ill, i didn't drink for a long time. It wasn't long ago, but the range is loads better than then. It was ok for me. I didn't love it like a like a real beer, but it was drinkable and if I went to the pub and they had decent ones it wasn't the end of the world. I preferred the IPAs to the lagers - I found Bavaria to be the best lager. Now I'm boozing again though, I don't touch it, I don't really see the point unless I'm in the car, which I try never to be if I'm in the pub. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

When I was ill, i didn't drink for a long time. It wasn't long ago, but the range is loads better than then. It was ok for me. I didn't love it like a like a real beer, but it was drinkable and if I went to the pub and they had decent ones it wasn't the end of the world. I preferred the IPAs to the lagers - I found Bavaria to be the best lager. Now I'm boozing again though, I don't touch it, I don't really see the point unless I'm in the car, which I try never to be if I'm in the pub. 

This you?

PRI_156591451.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&z

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/04/pub-determined-reopen-12944268/#:~:text=A gutted landlord has insisted,set to welcome back punters.&text=Landlord Ray Perkins%2C 67%2C has,England on 'Super Saturday'.

• Upvote 3

Had the Becks, Budweiser and Heineken.

Budweiser was dreadful but the other 2 were drinkable. Not exactly high praise like but if im around the baby later in the day, i dont want to be drinking. Havent quite managed to drink tomato juice or coke when im with a group of drinkers yet.

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

Had the Becks, Budweiser and Heineken.

Budweiser was dreadful but the other 2 were drinkable. Not exactly high praise like but if im around the baby later in the day, i dont want to be drinking. Havent quite managed to drink tomato juice or coke when im with a group of drinkers yet.

Try Kopparberg. You wont have to give in to Pear pressure then.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Why not?

A combination of peer pressure and not wanting to swig drinks continuously, as i try to hide the facts that my mates are terribly dull.

• Upvote 1