Quantcast
Booze Free Booze 0% - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Booze Free Booze 0%

Recommended Posts

Trying to do dry January (might be a slide on Sunday though...) so I bought a couple of alcohol free beers last week.  Doom Bar - fucking rubbish, tasted like malty dish water and Aldi's AF lager which was a bit crap (miles better than the Doom Bar though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was out with the lads pre-covid I'd drive and I'd usually stick to alcohol free Erdinger which I quite liked. I found that the Heineken 0% really fucked up my stomach the day after for some reason . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a heavy day on the efes, I was trying to take a couple of cans Amstel malt into the attaturk, until someone pointed out it was alcohol free.

fuck alcohol free spirits though.

I had 18 weeks off the ale in one go last year. Think it’s easier to just go without than fuck about with alcohol free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some decent tasting alcohol-free Radlers around that can substitute for beer on a night out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Champ said:

Adding a lemonade top to 0% lagers is a game changer 

Hahaha classic Champ, weaken an already alcohol free beer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, John102 said:

Had the Becks, Budweiser and Heineken.

 

Budweiser was dreadful but the other 2 were drinkable.

I think the Budweiser one is one of the best. The worst thing about it is that it tastes like Bud. 

 

As other have said Heineken is the best. Nanny State is a good alcohol free IPA and Brew Dog do another alcohol free one now which is good too, can't remember the name.

 

I like the taste of a beer or IPA, so I can quite happily drink it if I just feel like being a bit healthier. Might have a few this weekend and I'm having a few weeks off the pop because I've been a glutton through lockdown (yes, since March).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carlsberg do an alcohol free lager with alcohol it tastes like pure shit what kind of psychopath would drink the zero alcohol version.

 

Maybe its like the crap people would put on their nails to stop them biting their nails, you drink the alcohol free carlsberg so you never drink again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I think the Budweiser one is one of the best. The worst thing about it is that it tastes like Bud. 

 

As other have said Heineken is the best. Nanny State is a good alcohol free IPA and Brew Dog do another alcohol free one now which is good too, can't remember the name.

 

I like the taste of a beer or IPA, so I can quite happily drink it if I just feel like being a bit healthier. Might have a few this weekend and I'm having a few weeks off the pop because I've been a glutton through lockdown (yes, since March).

Hahaha what 

20 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Carlsberg do an alcohol free lager with alcohol it tastes like pure shit what kind of psychopath would drink the zero alcohol version.

 

Maybe its like the crap people would put on their nails to stop them biting their nails, you drink the alcohol free carlsberg so you never drink again.

They also do an alcoholic version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha what 

They also do an alcoholic version. 

I mean, it's very like real Bud. On a hot summer's day, I can live with a Budweiser, but I couldn't drink it as my staple diet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

I mean, it's very like real Bud. On a hot summer's day, I can live with a Budweiser, but I couldn't drink it as my staple diet.

Call me a pervert but I actually enjoy a bottle of bud. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always kind of seen budweiser as something a teenager would drink to show off. Maybe they had a part time job and their mates who didn't are all drinking cider and up staggers old 3 pound an hour with his bottles of bud. 

 

Sounds specific like it happened, maybe it did but I was too pissed on cider to really remember.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I always kind of seen budweiser as something a teenager would drink to show off. Maybe they had a part time job and their mates who didn't are all drinking cider and up staggers old 3 pound an hour with his bottles of bud. 

 

Sounds specific like it happened, maybe it did but I was too pissed on cider to really remember.

In my defence I drink Guinness or Cider in the pub. Rarely drink lager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UnwelcomeinPeru said:

Erdinger Alcohol Free is actually pretty nice. 

Yeah mate would be my choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like my lager, usually imported ones but I also drink alcohol free lager, for good reason.  My daughter wakes up regularly through the night so one of us has to get up with her and sometimes go out in the car for an early morning drive, so alcohol free lager it is when I fancy a few of them.

 

Budweiser is fucking rank for starters, as is Becks Blue.  The Bavaria 0% is okay, but believe it or not the Stella 0% is lovely.  £2.50 for four bottles in Asda and it goes down well if enjoying the taste and not being arsed about getting pissed is your game, rare as it is for some people.

 

Heineken is okay but doesn't taste too much like lager and is sweet, and I'd give the Birra Moretti a go but at £1 a bottle I keep swerving it.

 

The Erdinger one is another favourite and is described on the bottle as an isotonic drink.  Gets to your thirst, fast.

 

But 0% spirits?  Don't see the appeal.  May as well have a glass of 7up if you're going down that road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2021 at 00:16, KMD7 said:

When I was out with the lads pre-covid I'd drive and I'd usually stick to alcohol free Erdinger which I quite liked. I found that the Heineken 0% really fucked up my stomach the day after for some reason . 

good call - you don't see it in the supermarkets much, but back when I had my AF spell I had a few match days in the Fly in the Loaf on Hardman Street on them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×