You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Booze Free Booze 0%

Bjornebye

11 hours ago, John102 said:

Had the Becks, Budweiser and Heineken.

Budweiser was dreadful but the other 2 were drinkable.

I think the Budweiser one is one of the best. The worst thing about it is that it tastes like Bud. 

As other have said Heineken is the best. Nanny State is a good alcohol free IPA and Brew Dog do another alcohol free one now which is good too, can't remember the name.

I like the taste of a beer or IPA, so I can quite happily drink it if I just feel like being a bit healthier. Might have a few this weekend and I'm having a few weeks off the pop because I've been a glutton through lockdown (yes, since March).

22 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I think the Budweiser one is one of the best. The worst thing about it is that it tastes like Bud. 

As other have said Heineken is the best. Nanny State is a good alcohol free IPA and Brew Dog do another alcohol free one now which is good too, can't remember the name.

I like the taste of a beer or IPA, so I can quite happily drink it if I just feel like being a bit healthier. Might have a few this weekend and I'm having a few weeks off the pop because I've been a glutton through lockdown (yes, since March).

Hahaha what 

20 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Carlsberg do an alcohol free lager with alcohol it tastes like pure shit what kind of psychopath would drink the zero alcohol version.

Maybe its like the crap people would put on their nails to stop them biting their nails, you drink the alcohol free carlsberg so you never drink again.

They also do an alcoholic version. 

I always kind of seen budweiser as something a teenager would drink to show off. Maybe they had a part time job and their mates who didn't are all drinking cider and up staggers old 3 pound an hour with his bottles of bud. 

Sounds specific like it happened, maybe it did but I was too pissed on cider to really remember.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I always kind of seen budweiser as something a teenager would drink to show off. Maybe they had a part time job and their mates who didn't are all drinking cider and up staggers old 3 pound an hour with his bottles of bud. 

Sounds specific like it happened, maybe it did but I was too pissed on cider to really remember.

In my defence I drink Guinness or Cider in the pub. Rarely drink lager.

I like my lager, usually imported ones but I also drink alcohol free lager, for good reason.  My daughter wakes up regularly through the night so one of us has to get up with her and sometimes go out in the car for an early morning drive, so alcohol free lager it is when I fancy a few of them.

Budweiser is fucking rank for starters, as is Becks Blue.  The Bavaria 0% is okay, but believe it or not the Stella 0% is lovely.  £2.50 for four bottles in Asda and it goes down well if enjoying the taste and not being arsed about getting pissed is your game, rare as it is for some people.

Heineken is okay but doesn't taste too much like lager and is sweet, and I'd give the Birra Moretti a go but at £1 a bottle I keep swerving it.

The Erdinger one is another favourite and is described on the bottle as an isotonic drink.  Gets to your thirst, fast.

But 0% spirits?  Don't see the appeal.  May as well have a glass of 7up if you're going down that road.

On 14/01/2021 at 00:16, KMD7 said:

When I was out with the lads pre-covid I'd drive and I'd usually stick to alcohol free Erdinger which I quite liked. I found that the Heineken 0% really fucked up my stomach the day after for some reason . 

good call - you don't see it in the supermarkets much, but back when I had my AF spell I had a few match days in the Fly in the Loaf on Hardman Street on them. 

• Upvote 1