Quantcast
Rest of The World - Bands - Quarter Finals - Toots & The Maytals vs The Dubliners - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Rest of The World - Bands - Quarter Finals - Toots & The Maytals vs The Dubliners

Rest of The World - Bands - Quarter Finals - Toots & The Maytals vs The Dubliners  

42 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Rest of The World - Bands - Quarter Finals - Toots & The Maytals vs The Dubliners

• Toots & The Maytals
    • The Dubliners

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/01/21 at 10:17

Toots & The Maytals are great, I've listened to quite a bit of their stuff since starting this and that clip up there is superb but as Hudu says, The Dubliners because fuck you. 

The Dubliners remind me of my dad playing them pissed. Great memories. 

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

A tie with two decent bands.

The winner of this tie should walk the final. 

Gone with Toots again, as I saw both bands towards their dotage. The Dubs were like a cruise tribute band, Toots tore the roof off. 

To be honest, Id rather vote for this band from Dublin I saw busking in Church street a few years ago, than some of the bands still in the tournament. I actually bought their CD as well.

A Norwegian telling mainly a load of Scousers,a good few with Irish heritage,and a good few Irish people too that their traditional music is shite. This is akin to Code coming into your house and shitting on your living room carpet. Let alone insulting one of the first reggae/ska bands. 

41 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

A Norwegian telling mainly a load of Scousers,a good few with Irish heritage,and a good few Irish people too that their traditional music is shite. This is akin to Code coming into your house and shitting on your living room carpet. Let alone insulting one of the first reggae/ska bands. 

Say again?

Reggae originates from Africa, to call it traditional Irish music is a bit far fetched.

30 minutes ago, Code said:

Say again?

Reggae originates from Africa, to call it traditional Irish music is a bit far fetched.

GlamorousClassicIcelandicsheepdog-max-1m

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Code said:

It shows your lack of knowledge.

Perhaps you can demonstrate why you are correct? I'm no expert on reggae & am happy to be educated on it.

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

Perhaps you can demonstrate why you are correct? I'm no expert on reggae & am happy to be educated on it.

Reggae is born out of traditional African music, without Africa, no reggae. 

4 minutes ago, Code said:

Reggae is born out of traditional African music, without Africa, no reggae. 

In as much as Roy Orbison is the reason Grunge exists. 

No Only The Lonely no Nirvana