You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Static Caravans

Section_31

3 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Caravans aren't really a thing on the Island, don't remember seeing that many in the thirty odd years I lived there. There are some restrictions around towed caravans IIRC, because of how narrow some of the roads are. There are shitloads of campsites and little farmhouse/chalet type places in the middle of nowhere though.

You need to feed your IOM dream though mate. Soon as the restrictions are lifted, get yourself on the ferry and get over for a look.

He'll be over on a jet ski if you aren't careful.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

You’ll get back ache and neck ache and be sick to death of screaming kids and scalls within a fortnight. 

Get a beer fridge and a dog though. 

You get no end of child protection referrals from the big caravan parks. Shit parents meeting up with other shit parents, getting pissed up, unable to look after their kids, getting into fights and arrested and then kid tells the Police they’ve been regularly abused there for years. 

I was speaking to a guy who has a caravan down on the border somewhere. Barely got there all last year due to travel restrictions, no reduction on his fees, and the one weekend they finally manage to get down there they’re turned away by the Police as there’s been a murder in one of the other vans and the place is a crime scene

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Cath pissing on my chips big time here.

"I've always wanted an eight berth with a small patio"

"They're full of paedophiles, and they're expensive."

What can I say? They’d be great if there weren’t any other people involved

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Cath pissing on my chips big time here.

"I've always wanted an eight berth with a small patio"

"They're full of paedophiles, and they're expensive."

What about a campervan? You could just drive away from the peados? Move to a nice different spot each night?

I've thought about getting one of those. Just not sure I'd get the use out of it. Might rent one out for a weekend and see what its like.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

What about a campervan? You could just drive away from the peados? Move to a nice different spot each night?

I've thought about getting one of those. Just not sure I'd get the use out of it. Might rent one out for a weekend and see what its like.

I've got a VW T5 with a pop up roof, really good if theres just 2 of you. We've got 2 smallish dogs but it can be a bit of a crush, even with an awning, when the weather is wet or cold. The plus side over the larger mobile homes is that they are easy to drive and manoeuvre and have a bit more street cred.

1 minute ago, A Red said:

I've got a VW T5 with a pop up roof, really good if theres just 2 of you. We've got 2 smallish dogs but it can be a bit of a crush, even with an awning, when the weather is wet or cold. The plus side over the larger mobile homes is that they are easy to drive and manoeuvre and have a bit more street cred.

We have 2 kids so would you say it wouldn't be doable, even if it is technically "4 berth"?

9 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

They're all a bit Jamie Oliver for me camper vans. 

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

We have 2 kids so would you say it wouldn't be doable, even if it is technically "4 berth"?

I would say not in a VW style van, probably too small. Depending on the age of the kids you or they could perhaps sleep in the awning but if the weather is poor, bit like camping, it could be uncomfortable. If you are going to end up sleeping in a tent you may as well save a load of money and just buy.....err...a tent.

edit I'm talking the transit style vans rather than the older surfer types

15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

53680622_303.jpg

24 minutes ago, Champ said:

24 minutes ago, Champ said:

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Well yeah they wouldn't be able to be paedophiles if nobody else was involved 

I meant your own static caravan 

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I knew one woman who sold her house and went to live on a holiday site in Fleetwood which is just about the arse end of Lancashire and always stinks of fish!

Just the one? 

Yes. I went there. I'm allowed. 

Years ago I was friendly with somebody who was a rozzer on the vice squad in the Met.

Her favourite rant was about people who lived on house boats and canal barges in that their London. She reckoned a lot of them were deviants and paedos as they could move about all the time and avoid having to give fixed addresses.

This was 20 years ago... wonder if anything's changed?