Quantcast
Fake meat, are you in, or do you want dead animals? - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Spy Bee

Fake meat, are you in, or do you want dead animals?

9 hours ago, skaro said:

Billy Connolly's solution to world hunger:

If everyone ate just one person....

Haha yeah his famous ‘I could murder an Indian right now’ line.

Just now, Red Shift said:

Haha yeah his famous ‘I could murder an Indian right now’

On arrival in Mexico 'sniff sniff "it stinks of shit... someone has shit here" 

I did a few months pescatarian last year, felt good and enjoyed it.  Fell off the wagon during the first lockdown and haven't gone back to it since.  Was becoming a pain having to cook meat for 2 and none meat for 1 and I cracked with a PeriPeri chicken. 

The alternatives are getting better and better, those Viva kebabs are easily better than 90% of actual kebab meat. 

2 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

The alternatives are getting better and better, those Viva kebabs are easily better than 90% of actual kebab meat. 

Just showed her this post. She's gonna get some, they do them in Tesco. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Just showed her this post. She's gonna get some, they do them in Tesco. 

They're ace.  I tried their "steaks" once but they were a bit shit.  Their take on the bacon lardon is good for pasta etc too 

• Upvote 1

On 12/01/2021 at 16:23, Bjornebye said:

Give this a go on Netflix and you'l see what eating meat all the time is doing to your body, especially your blood 

gamechangersnetflix-1.jpg

First veggie girlfriend Stig? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

First veggie girlfriend Stig? 

Veggie? I wish. She's vegan mate. A whole other realm of shit to deal with. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The most annoying thing about vegans, and they can be really fucking annoying, is that they are probably right. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I did a few months pescatarian last year, felt good and enjoyed it.  Fell off the wagon during the first lockdown and haven't gone back to it since.  Was becoming a pain having to cook meat for 2 and none meat for 1 and I cracked with a PeriPeri chicken. 

this stuff?

Vivera Veggie Greek Kebab 175G

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

My brother in law is a meat eater, his wife is strict lacto vegetarian. Happily married for 15 yrs. However, you’re right - your situation would be interesting. 

My Mrs happily lets me explore away - I’ve gone from Low Carb to Vegan, to Keto, and back to low carb, all within 3 yrs. She’s vege except for chicken. I was WFPB Vegan for nearly 5 months after trying a Veganuary, but honestly, I didn’t feel ‘right’. Should I have given it more time? Possibly, but my gut feeling was, it wasn’t the best for me.

41 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

The most annoying thing about vegans, and they can be really fucking annoying, is that they are probably right. 

Yep 

37 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

My brother in law is a meat eater, his wife is strict lacto vegetarian. Happily married for 15 yrs. However, you’re right - your situation would be interesting. 

My Mrs happily lets me explore away - I’ve gone from Low Carb to Vegan, to Keto, and back to low carb, all within 3 yrs. She’s vege except for chicken. I was WFPB Vegan for nearly 5 months after trying a Veganuary, but honestly, I didn’t feel ‘right’. Should I have given it more time? Possibly, but my gut feeling was, it wasn’t the best for me.

She isn't preachy. Well, not a lot. 

25 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm sure the animals on death row are thrilled.

They don't tell the animals, silly. They lure them into a shed with promises of birthday cake and cuddles, then BAM, steaks.

32 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

That's good. I like it. Love going to my butchers and seeing what they've got in stock. 

Butchers have "stolen" January from Vegans.

(Im)peach!

As I have never eaten meat fake meats holds no interest to me, I think I would still find looking at it and smelling it gross. 

On 12/01/2021 at 15:23, Bjornebye said:

Give this a go on Netflix and you'l see what eating meat all the time is doing to your body, especially your blood 

Ox sort of mentioned this today, says that Nat Phillips has benefited significantly from going Vegan.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-defender-injury-recovery-oxlade-19625100

I think I could could quit meat quite easily. I'm tempted to try it once I've used up all the meat I have. I can't ever see myself going vegetarian or vegan though. Giving up dairy products is a step too far for me personally. Genuinely think I'd struggle to even do 24 hours as a vegan!