You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fake meat, are you in, or do you want dead animals?

Spy Bee

I did a few months pescatarian last year, felt good and enjoyed it.  Fell off the wagon during the first lockdown and haven't gone back to it since.  Was becoming a pain having to cook meat for 2 and none meat for 1 and I cracked with a PeriPeri chicken. 

The alternatives are getting better and better, those Viva kebabs are easily better than 90% of actual kebab meat. 

23 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I did a few months pescatarian last year, felt good and enjoyed it.  Fell off the wagon during the first lockdown and haven't gone back to it since.  Was becoming a pain having to cook meat for 2 and none meat for 1 and I cracked with a PeriPeri chicken. 

The alternatives are getting better and better, those Viva kebabs are easily better than 90% of actual kebab meat. 

this stuff?

Vivera Veggie Greek Kebab 175G

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Veggie? I wish. She's vegan mate. A whole other realm of shit to deal with. 

My brother in law is a meat eater, his wife is strict lacto vegetarian. Happily married for 15 yrs. However, you’re right - your situation would be interesting. 

My Mrs happily lets me explore away - I’ve gone from Low Carb to Vegan, to Keto, and back to low carb, all within 3 yrs. She’s vege except for chicken. I was WFPB Vegan for nearly 5 months after trying a Veganuary, but honestly, I didn’t feel ‘right’. Should I have given it more time? Possibly, but my gut feeling was, it wasn’t the best for me.

41 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

The most annoying thing about vegans, and they can be really fucking annoying, is that they are probably right. 

Yep 

37 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

My brother in law is a meat eater, his wife is strict lacto vegetarian. Happily married for 15 yrs. However, you’re right - your situation would be interesting. 

My Mrs happily lets me explore away - I’ve gone from Low Carb to Vegan, to Keto, and back to low carb, all within 3 yrs. She’s vege except for chicken. I was WFPB Vegan for nearly 5 months after trying a Veganuary, but honestly, I didn’t feel ‘right’. Should I have given it more time? Possibly, but my gut feeling was, it wasn’t the best for me.

She isn't preachy. Well, not a lot. 

On 12/01/2021 at 15:23, Bjornebye said:

Give this a go on Netflix and you'l see what eating meat all the time is doing to your body, especially your blood 

Ox sort of mentioned this today, says that Nat Phillips has benefited significantly from going Vegan.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-defender-injury-recovery-oxlade-19625100

I think I could could quit meat quite easily. I'm tempted to try it once I've used up all the meat I have. I can't ever see myself going vegetarian or vegan though. Giving up dairy products is a step too far for me personally. Genuinely think I'd struggle to even do 24 hours as a vegan!