You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Must have kitchen appliances...

1892-LFCWasBorn

15 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Need one badly -- which is best?

just use a bowl or plate. Turn it upside down and there is a ring of unglazed pottery. Instant ceramic knife sharpener. A bowl keeps your fingers out of the way unlike a butchers steel.

Note -this doesn't work with melamine stuff

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, _______________ said:

Obviously my Sage coffee machine. 

But I did grab some Ninja appliances in the sales (with an extra discount with the blue light card) I grabbed a Ninja 9 in 1 air fryer to replace an instant pot. I also grabbed a Ninja soup maker and wonder where this has been all my life. The last week or so I've sat down for lunch to a lovely home made soup, today was Broccoli and Stilton. 

A fucking soup maker? 

That’s a stick blender you lazy bastard. 

18 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

A fucking soup maker? 

That’s a stick blender you lazy bastard. 

I'll accept the lazy bastard part but you could throw those claims on people with dishwashers, washing machines and the like. 

I throw what are basically rough chopped ingredients in a glass blender and when I come back 30 minutes later it's a smooth soup. I could have bought a sturdy glass blender that blends very hot liquid and veggies (which can cause lids to pop) and this was £79 and it's very well made. It also works as a blender so I get to make smoothies in the summer. 

For me it's an easy way to have a healthy lunch in the winter with little effort. 

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

First attempt at a fresh loaf in the Ninja Foodi.

Not bad, smells delightful. The next one will be better. 

3823EF5B-E616-4550-A50A-B6900DD06DCC.jpeg

8A4ABC88-4E0F-49D0-A96E-7023C4234B41.jpeg

Worth it even just for the smell. I used to walk past a bakers on my way to work years ago, the smell was just amazing. There is a German bakers (Bakehaus) on king street in Hammersmith that I used to go in when I worked there. The smell inside that place is from another planet. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Worth it even just for the smell. I used to walk past a bakers on my way to work years ago, the smell was just amazing. There is a German bakers (Bakehaus) on king street in Hammersmith that I used to go in when I worked there. The smell inside that place is from another planet. 

Yes, I love the smell of fresh bread. It tasted fantastic as well. The wife said it was slightly dense in the middle and would have benefited from a few more minutes kneading. Believe me, this is high praise from her indeed. I’m still walking on air now. 

• Upvote 1