You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Must have kitchen appliances...

1892-LFCWasBorn

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Does anyone have an omelette maker, and if so, are they any good?

Obviously omelettes are easy enough to make in a pan, but if I can take out even that minimal amount of effort, I'd eat them even more often.

No one who calls themselves a man needs a fucking machine to make an omellette.

Get a grip FFS.

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

As people have aaid they are great , but I previously had a cheapish Tefal one for about £40 or 50 and it was pretty good . In a way it was actually better than the dual Ninja we have now for the likes of chips as it span round and you didnt have to remember to shake it up.

The last Tefal one we had, and there was a couple before that was the Genius XL.

It was ok for chips, sausage and  chicken pieces but you couldn't cook a whole chicken or a steak in it, whereas with the Ninja you can and then some.

There are different types, one is a grill, airfryer which looks pretty good and then there's the foodi  max which is a pressure cooker, slow cooker and airfryer all in one which looks a cracking machine. I think they all dehydrate as well.

I've never heard of anybody having a bad thing to say about them tbh.

They are a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Different people like different things, but we're more than happy with the Ninja, in our experience, they're a far superior machine.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

No one who calls themselves a man needs a fucking machine to make an omellette.

Get a grip FFS.

And I suppose you toast bread over a log fire in the garden too.

Is there a list of foods I'm allowed to cook with an appliance? It would save a lot of hassle.

I have a Ferrari pizza oven, it's fucking great. Heats up in 5-7 minutes and then cooks your pizza in less than 3. It'd be nice to have a proper outdoor wood fired oven but this does just as good a job. Combined with a food mixer with a dough hook or a breadmaker, you can make very high quality pizza at home very easily. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

The last Tefal one we had, and there was a couple before that was the Genius XL.

It was ok for chips, sausage and  chicken pieces but you couldn't cook a whole chicken or a steak in it, whereas with the Ninja you can and then some.

There are different types, one is a grill, airfryer which looks pretty good and then there's the foodi  max which is a pressure cooker, slow cooker and airfryer all in one which looks a cracking machine. I think they all dehydrate as well.

I've never heard of anybody having a bad thing to say about them tbh.

They are a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Different people like different things, but we're more than happy with the Ninja, in our experience, they're a far superior machine.

Which Ninja appliance do you have? I’m not   thinking of buying one, I’m just a nosy sod.

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

Yes, the Ninja is brilliant, HL, was just suggesting you can get a decent airfryer without costing a fortune for the earlier poster.

Have just roused myself from the couch to the shed to check the old one , and it transpires that it isn't a Tefal at all it is a Breville Halo which looks like a black and green version of the Starship Entefprise.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

I have a Ferrari pizza oven, it's fucking great. Heats up in 5-7 minutes and then cooks your pizza in less than 3. It'd be nice to have a proper outdoor wood fired oven but this does just as good a job. Combined with a food mixer with a dough hook or a breadmaker, you can make very high quality pizza at home very easily. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ferrari-G10006-Delizia-Pizza-Oven/dp/B002VA4CDI

This one?

I would get a refund though as it should be cooking like most other Ferrari's in less than 3 seconds.

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

I used to make my own dough and then use a pizza stone to cook mine, which was sound. I like my pizza really thin and crispy so my brother mentioned about making pizza's on Tortilla wraps. Nearly stabbed him, fucking ridiculous suggestion.

Then I tried it. If you like your pizza thin and crispy, then it's comfortably the best way to have pizza.

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Nespresso machine.  Don't listen to the, "stomp your own beans" crowd who say it isn't real coffee because you haven't waited 45 minutes for it.  I can have a delicious espresso or lungo in about 30 seconds. It changed my life forever. 

Dolce Gusto for me. I love "proper" coffee; we have machines in work that grind the beans on the fly, it's lovely. The "Americano Intenso" pods taste just the same to me and it's so fucking convenient.

Obviously my Sage coffee machine. 

But I did grab some Ninja appliances in the sales (with an extra discount with the blue light card) I grabbed a Ninja 9 in 1 air fryer to replace an instant pot. I also grabbed a Ninja soup maker and wonder where this has been all my life. The last week or so I've sat down for lunch to a lovely home made soup, today was Broccoli and Stilton. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, _______________ said:

Obviously my Sage coffee machine. 

But I did grab some Ninja appliances in the sales (with an extra discount with the blue light card) I grabbed a Ninja 9 in 1 air fryer to replace an instant pot. I also grabbed a Ninja soup maker and wonder where this has been all my life. The last week or so I've sat down for lunch to a lovely home made soup, today was Broccoli and Stilton. 

Oh man a Sage is the dream. Repped, even though I'm tempted to neg

Just now, Charles Penrose said:

Am I in a minority when I say I eat the entire apple, including the core with the seeds? Minus the little wooden stick or course. 

Well you could say minority yeah, but i'd probably go with "weird cunt" or something like that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Brownie said:

Well you could say minority yeah, but i'd probably go with "weird cunt" or something like that.

85% of the good is apparently in the core. 

I saw a lad at work eating the core a few years back and thought he was a weirdo. But then I recently started cutting shite out of my diet and am constantly starving. I find it slightly healthier than demolishing an entire large pack of Maryland Cookies with one cup of tea. 

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Charles Penrose said:

85% of the good is apparently in the core. 

I saw a lad at work eating the core a few years back and thought he was a weirdo. But then I recently started cutting shite out of my diet and am constantly starving. I find it slightly healthier than demolishing an entire large pack of Maryland Cookies with one cup of tea. 

Maryland Cookies are awful! Biscuits for scruffs.