You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rest of The World - Bands - Quarter Finals - U2 vs ABBA

Bjornebye

Rest of The World - Bands - Quarter Finals - U2 vs ABBA  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Rest of The World - Bands - Quarter Finals - U2 vs ABBA

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/01/21 at 09:58

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’ll balance this out this afternoon by reaching for my ABBA albums, removing the records from their sleeves, giving them a spin and celebrating my masculinity by dancing my bottom off. 

Before your friend comes round and fucks your bottom off? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

U2 have got about 7 or 8 great albums.

ABBA have got two songs (SOS and The Day Before You Came) that are OK. 

Get on "The Visitors" mate, it's ace, weirdly ace. Also "Eagle" is decent, veers off into classic rock towards the end with the guitar solo. 

Obviously i didnt vote for ABBA as U2 should win this by miles, but those two tracks i really like as they aren't particularly ABBA-ish.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This is turning into an Abba fan disaster.

A few years ago in work there was just me and one girl in early on. She told me that the previous night she'd walked into the living room, where her mum and dad were watching a documentary.  When she asked them what it was, they said "Aberfan". Being partial to a bit of glittery, cheesy disco, she settled down to watch it. After about 10 minutes, she started asking why Sweden's finest hadn't appeared at all. It was at that point that they realised that their daughter was a fuckwit.

Bear in mind that she told me this when there was nobody else in the office, so nobody else knew what had happened.  Later that day, she called her mum about something. After she hung up, she shouted to me across a crowded office "That was my mum. She's still laughing about Aberfan."

• Upvote 1