You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Poverty in the UK

Bjornebye

BBC host, "Why was Starmer so misleading about free school meals regulations ?", because there was a few additional items (valued approx 50p) on DfE list (tin of corn, tin of ham and a little bit of extra fruit). Obviously the lying scumbag Starmer is the one who should be attacked over being disingenuous over this.

Makes you proud.

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Someone has paid someone else to cut an onion in half and rap it in cellophane. I'm not only struggling with the moral side I'm still struggling with the cost, efficiency and logistics of this.

My only thought is recipe cards and they've taken it literally with ingrediants, no justification at all, but that might explain it, because I sure as shit can't think of another rational explanation.

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

My only thought is recipe cards and they've taken it literally, no justification at all, but that might explain it, because I sure as shit can't think of another rational explanation.

The bosses have told the middle management to cut costs however they can and they will be bonused on it, the middle managers have told the line managers to be snide as fuck with the rations so they have come up with what they have. Thats my take. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

The bosses have told the middle management to cut costs however they can and they will be bonused on it, the middle managers have told the line managers to be snide as fuck with the rations so they have come up with what they have. Thats my take. 

But as mentioned above, the cellophane costs more than the onion, the labour means more spend, it makes no logical sense.

Unless you are right and they are that blinded by profit they fail to see loss.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

So someone has actually cut a tomatoe in half and put a handful of dried whatever it is into a money bag and gave it to a parent to feed a child? I note the use of a money bag. It's almost beyond belief.

Tuna.

Because we can't have the chavs living it large on a full tin, can we.

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

There's a weird culture and class of people in this country now, I don't know if I'd call them middle class, maybe working class done good, and they're the foot soldiers of this cuntery.

Usually have 'executive' in their job title even though it's a relatively low level office job, live in a new build house and drive a car on tick. The worst offenders will put 'BA (hons)' after their name in emails.

They watch channel five shows like Benefits by the Sea and because deep down they know they're a largely unremarkable drone, it gives them a chance to feel self made and aloof.

Hey, I live in a new build and my car is on tick, you demoniser.

On 12/01/2021 at 13:52, Pete said:

I think the moral of the story is stop voting for the tory wankers. 

Actually I think the moral story is no vote at all is a vote for the Tories. Anyone who doesn't vote normally could be the difference on the next election. 

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Someone has paid someone else to cut an onion in half and rap it in cellophane. I'm not only struggling with the moral side I'm still struggling with the cost, efficiency and logistics of this.

Let alone the Covid transmission risk

I think the Tory food boxes are a reflection that half of their voters come from, as my mum would say, the fur coat and no knickers section. The keep ups who afford the car and clothes at the expense of asking for two tomato’s and three rashers of bacon.

• Upvote 2

I was just checking my Euro Millions lottery ticket from last night, not a bean, when I spotted this.

Just so generous. Even winning £114m and giving more than half of that away to less fortunate people is not to be sneezed at.

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/life-changing/winner-euromillions-connolly-revisited?icid=re-eu-drhi-prbr-1390:bd:3:tnls-win:tnl:lich-wieucore-910:in:btn

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I was just checking my Euro Millions lottery ticket from last night, not a bean, when I spotted this.

Just so generous. Even winning £114m and giving more than half of that away to less fortunate people is not to be sneezed at.

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/life-changing/winner-euromillions-connolly-revisited?icid=re-eu-drhi-prbr-1390:bd:3:tnls-win:tnl:lich-wieucore-910:in:btn

'We dont want to be Lord and Lady of the Manor.'

'The couple bought a house in five acres of land with a Tennis Court and Swimming Pool.'

Slight contradiction there?

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Good on her. Heart in the right place. I'd certainly give to charity and I'd sort out friends and family but with 114 million I'd be doing the above with 34 million and me and my 80 million are off to an island with 5 darlings and a 10 year supply of Louis XIII.