You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Poverty in the UK

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Bit of a half-truth from Angela there. Labour may lead in Wales, but with Lib Dem support, and the Welsh Minister for Education is Lib Dem Kirsty Williams. 

They can look forward to more austerity as well then. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Bit of a half-truth from Angela there. Labour may lead in Wales, but with Lib Dem support, and the Welsh Minister for Education is Lib Dem Kirsty Williams. 

Makes it even more galling that Jo Swinson categorically rulled out working with a Labour government at the last election but kept the door open to an alliance with the Tories.

Why Swinson wasnt stopped by the lib dem membership before the last election when she spouted some of the biggest load of bollocks possible only you know. I suppose the question shouldn't be why wasnt she stopped but why was she started?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Makes it even more galling that Jo Swinson categorically rulled out working with a Labour government at the last election but kept the door open to an alliance with the Tories.

Why Swinson wasnt stopped by the lib dem membership before the last election when she spouted some of the biggest load of bollocks possible only you know. I suppose the question shouldn't be why wasnt she stopped but why was she started?

We'll have none of that, Jo had her plus points. 

n04XFiL.gif?noredirect

• Upvote 1

'Just had a good conversation with the Prime Minister. He has assured me that he is committed to correcting the issue with the food hampers and that a full review of the supply chain is taking place. He agrees that images of hampers being shared on Twitter are unacceptable.'

Motors forward three months in time.

MR 'But, you said you were committed to correcting the issue and completing a full review. You said they were unacceptable'

ABdFJ 'It was unacceptable, why should we have given the scrounging rotters free food? The full review showed that the company involved was tragically incompetent at hiding their incompetence so we have corrected the issue and have put Serco in charge of the bi-weekly Gruel drops. I believe Demeter responded to the nymph's curse in Greek Myth and punished Erysichthon by entreating Limos, the spirit of unrelenting and insatiable hunger, to place herself in his stomach. Food acted like fuel on a fire: The more he ate, the hungrier he got and we don't want this now do we? Would there be anything else Raheem'

MR 'ER'

Fast forward a week.

ABdFJ 'It was completely unacceptable that somebody, not me of course, did this. I assue you that I am committed to correcting the issue with the food hampers and that a full review of the supply chain is taking place. I agree that images of hampers being shared on Twitter are unacceptable.'

18 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

'Just had a good conversation with the Prime Minister. He has assured me that he is committed to correcting the issue with the food hampers and that a full review of the supply chain is taking place. He agrees that images of hampers being shared on Twitter are unacceptable.'

Motors forward three months in time.

MR 'But, you said you were committed to correcting the issue and completing a full review. You said they were unacceptable'

ABdFJ 'No we agreed that the images being shared on Twitter were unacceptable. I thought you understood they made us look bad and would have your minions refrain from sharing them online. 

Fixed that.

• Upvote 1

I thought Starmer handed him his arse there, pulling out the DOE food regulations, basically what was in the photos. Obviously the EU, Labour etc. 

It was just a shame the speaker let him completely ignore the question asked and talk bollocks, before stopping him and despite saying you should answer questions didn't them make him answer the question.

It will be interesting how many main media organisations, (I suspect none) pick up that the parcels sent meet the DOE requirements, so it is nobodies fault but the Tories.