You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup draw

suzy

17 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is 16th not an EFL fixture day then? I'm surprised they've got a 3.30KO there. 

Not arsed about the coaches. I can't think of anything much worse than being crammed on some shit coach for about 10 or 12 hours in one day. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for it. Maybe drive and stay a night or two. But that's a fucking shite solution for Easter while the kids are off. 

The real problem is the fixture being at Easter. Fucking shite. 

Is it normally at Easter? It’s been so long since we’ve been in a semi final I can’t remember! Railways always likely to do works at holiday time as less commuters. Apparently they’d been planned for two years.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

We’ve got a 34k allocation. Tickets for the semi don’t count as credits for the final.

Ballot for me - in the ACS so got the 3 homes.

Was successful in ballot for milk cup final, hopefully same for this. About 1,000 more allocated as well.

Think everyone who really wants to go should get boxed off.

Maybe we'll get some of what the cheats fail to sell too.

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

S - U - C - C - E - S - S

That’s the way you spell success.

Not heard of any unsuccessful applications yet.

I had a look on RAWK and plenty on there.

Read people have waiting list positions of around 3000 as well - but i think the % succesful is very high

16 minutes ago, an tha said:

I had a look on RAWK and plenty on there.

Read people have waiting list positions of around 3000 as well - but i think the % succesful is very high

Hmmm, it’ll be tight for the final as well get c.6k less tickets. 

Have to admit, I don’t agree that members and ST holders are in the same ballot. ST holders with the auto cup games should have their needs for filled before members get an opportunity. 

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Hmmm, it’ll be tight for the final as well get c.6k less tickets. 

Have to admit, I don’t agree that members and ST holders are in the same ballot. ST holders with the auto cup games should have their needs for filled before members get an opportunity. 

Worse than that isn't it.

34,000 for this - what is it for final 25,000?

I disagree with you about ACS.  

Season ticket holders buy a seasie that is for league games and league games only. They pay for and of course get those 19 games and fair do's - but....

ACS registration is a different thing entirely and in my book it is totally fair to treat all ACS people equally....although club hasn't always done that as no loyalty for being in ACS for years counts does it when it comes to renewing.

Edit....you are right about 6,000 drop - it was 28,000 each team at last full capacity final!

50 minutes ago, an tha said:

Worse than that isn't it.

34,000 for this - what is it for final 25,000?

I disagree with you about ACS.  

Season ticket holders buy a seasie that is for league games and league games only. They pay for and of course get those 19 games and fair do's - but....

ACS registration is a different thing entirely and in my book it is totally fair to treat all ACS people equally....although club hasn't always done that as no loyalty for being in ACS for years counts does it when it comes to renewing.

Edit....you are right about 6,000 drop - it was 28,000 each team at last full capacity final!

No sure you’ve fully got my point on the ST & ACS (maybe my explanation). 

In theory, you could have a ST and be in the ACS and have been unsuccessful in the ballot but be a member for only the FA Cup games, attended 3 games and got a ticket via the ballot. 

If you’re a ST holder with ACS, that group should be taken care of before any membership sales. 

82% success rate apparently…

FF56486C-160C-490D-B3F3-C8F5C4A66D61.png

You’d assume the breakdown will be similar for the Final. So of the 28k…

c.6.5k Priority Rights, club staff and commercial partners etc. 

21.5k general allocation.

Of that 21.5k, c.4k will qualify outright from Forest, so 17.5k in the ballot. c.30k were in the semi final ballot and the club has said this won’t count towards the final, so I assume 58% chance for a final ticket via the ballot.

I do wonder if the ballot is open to rig a bit.

If you do multiple applications for people qualifying and if one of you is successful, then you’re all successful. 

I did my application with my Dad, so

we were both successful. 

But would adding 6 applications for people, give you more advantageous?

Would the 6 applications be treated as 6 separate chances to win or would it just be the lead booker and the rest are the same? 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

No sure you’ve fully got my point on the ST & ACS (maybe my explanation). 

In theory, you could have a ST and be in the ACS and have been unsuccessful in the ballot but be a member for only the FA Cup games, attended 3 games and got a ticket via the ballot. 

If you’re a ST holder with ACS, that group should be taken care of before any membership sales. 

No i haven't misunderstood (i don't think so anyway) and I still disagree with you 

A season ticket is all about league games and holders get the benefits of having one for those games.

ACS is separate and one ACS registration and attendance of games on it is same as any other IMHO.

Season ticket holders being given preference over members would be IMO unfair.

I do wonder if the ballot is open to rig a bit.

If you do multiple applications for people qualifying and if one of you is successful, then you’re all successful. 

I did my application with my Dad, so

we were both successful. 

But would adding 6 applications for people, give you more advantageous?

Would the 6 applications be treated as 6 separate chances to win or would it just be the lead booker and the rest are the same? 

The latter.

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Also wrong…

A55FFC74-EF6A-48A8-B356-08379B9FEAC5.jpeg

A city supporting mate of mine (proper manc and been going since when they were shite) said they still had 9,700 left apparently that’s after the two day season ticket window sales and tickets on open sale ala above since 9am this morning....

1 hour ago, an tha said:

No i haven't misunderstood (i don't think so anyway) and I still disagree with you 

A season ticket is all about league games and holders get the benefits of having one for those games.

ACS is separate and one ACS registration and attendance of games on it is same as any other IMHO.

Season ticket holders being given preference over members would be IMO unfair.

I can’t agree if somebody who commits to a ST and the ACS, this season costing >£800 should be treated the same as a member who potentially has only been to 3 games costing <£100.

All depends what side of the fence you sit on. I’m obviously on the ST side, I fully appreciate, what I assume to be, your membership position as well. 

I would say, the way LFC allocate tickets in general is bollocks. I’ve been allocated a Benfica A ticket through a friend and absolutely no questions asked from the club. 

The system is fundamentally broken and I’ll admit, I’ve never been able to get on the away ladder, I’m super lucky to have a good network of friends and we’ve all taken advantage of the situation (ie get a ticket, they keep the credit). 

I’ve not been to a FA Cup game this season, I’ve distributed them all but still qualified for the ballot. 

Hate the game, not the playa. 

I can’t agree if somebody who commits to a ST and the ACS, this season costing >£800 should be treated the same as a member who potentially has only been to 3 games costing <£100.

All depends what side of the fence you sit on. I’m obviously on the ST side, I fully appreciate, what I assume to be, your membership position as well. 

I would say, the way LFC allocate tickets in general is bollocks. I’ve been allocated a Benfica A ticket through a friend and absolutely no questions asked from the club. 

The system is fundamentally broken and I’ll admit, I’ve never been able to get on the away ladder, I’m super lucky to have a good network of friends and we’ve all taken advantage of the situation (ie get a ticket, they keep the credit). 

I’ve not been to a FA Cup game this season, I’ve distributed them all but still qualified for the ballot. 

Hate the game, not the playa. 

What about members who are virtually season ticket holders in effect...who have the 13+ games and more and do so by logging in and spending hours and hours getting tickets and in additonal sales etc.

It is really hard work as a member to build up all those games.

Seasie holders get the benefits they pay for - namely the right to attend 19 league games....prioritising the ones who also have been able to get in the ACS over members who have been through same process and been to same number of games in the relevant cup is IMHO wrong.

I am in all 3 ACS schemes and have been to nearly all the games i have and have been lucky in both ballots in cups so far this season - i've been unlucky in some league game ballots though.

I do agree the system is poor overall mind.