You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup draw

suzy

4 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

It came up on my facefuck feed two days ago that it was ten years since Kenny’s comeback. Got absolutely screwed over by Howard Webb that day.

I'm not having that TMR , screwed over by South Yorkshire Police's finest, surely not.

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

The  worst thing about this is we will no doubt seeing Solakjaer’s 1999 winner against us over and over.

Urgh. 

I’ve never heard so many chairs simultaneous snapped.  

Anyhoo, meh. Normally I’d be bang up for this but I can’t be bothered with the inconvenience of it. Sunday is far bigger and more important. 

Up on BBC website already.

Not suggesting watch it but...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46605559

13 hours ago, Stickman said:

We have Burnley and Spurs on the Thursday's before the Utd game then if we get through that it's City and Leicester between the 5th round so doubt we'll go strong . Throw in the champions league in a condensed season then something has to give .

Saying that it's a chance to fuck Utd"s season in a week 

Burnley in between the two, but the Spurs game is after the Utd FA cup game. 

9 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

It came up on my facefuck feed two days ago that it was ten years since Kenny’s comeback. Got absolutely screwed over by Howard Webb that day.

The outcome of this was so utterly predictab;e that I chose to swerve it, went for a long drive into the countryside (remember when we could still do that?!). It took two (?) minutes for Berbatov to flop to the floor and Webb to fuck us over. 

It still baffles me to this day that with such a blatant conflict of interest, Webb was appointed to ref our mtches so often, especially high profile ones. You'd think the FA would want to avoid any possible suggestion of bias, but no. Even though he continued to fuck us over every time the opportunity presented itself.

10 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Watching that pisses me off. That penalty was almost as bad as the shite we see then get at the moment. Howard Webb absolutely dying to give them a penalty for anything.

12 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

To be fair, it looks like a clear penalty in real time. I don't see that as particularly controversial. 

From what I remember watching the game on tv, it was a rash challenge but I was still fucked off Webb gave it in the first few minutes. Do I think he'd have given it to us if the roles had been reversed? Do I fuck.

• 1 year later...

Naturally, the trains to London are off that weekend, so if, for any reason, people want to travel there from Liverpool or Manchester, they're fucked.

"West Coast Main Line improvements - Network Rail" https://www.networkrail.co.uk/running-the-railway/our-routes/west-coast-mainline-south/west-coast-main-line-improvements/

24 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If only there were a massive neutral stadium somewhere convenient - say, somewhere Salford way - that could be used to save all the fart-arsing around.

Somewhere that had good public transport (including tram system to get you from train station to said stadium) and  a motorway network that took you directly from Liverpool to the stadium?   That would just be sensible and thinking about the fans. 

They sell all the fixtures as part of their club wembley and corporate box packages don't they? So for the rich few thousand to miss a semi final that for most they won't even have a vested interested in just wouldn't be fair at all would it. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They sell all the fixtures as part of their club wembley and corporate box packages don't they? So for the rich few thousand to miss a semi final that for most they won't even have a vested interested in just wouldn't be fair at all would it. 

An old mate of mine who isnt a city STH can just apply to their ticket office and get cup final tickets no issue he says. And he doesnt have to have been to any cup games prior.

37 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

An old mate of mine who isnt a city STH can just apply to their ticket office and get cup final tickets no issue he says. And he doesnt have to have been to any cup games prior.

Can imagine a fair few Reds getting a ticket that way 

On 11/01/2021 at 23:55, The Midnight Rambler said:

Boss day that, despite the result

Away end was bouncing.

• Upvote 2