You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup draw

suzy

7 minutes ago, Stickman said:

And why was the 5th round draw done as well ? Shite like that hasn't happened before but hey it's teams playing weakened sides that's ruining the tradition of the cup .

As for City fuck em if we can't win it let them have another bought trophy and maybe it might make the mong's in this country realise how shite it is when cups are bought . Doubt it though 

But there's people on here regularly going on we dont treat the FA Cup or the League Cup seriously and how much they want to win these again.

Frankly this is some of the reasons I cant be arsed about the Cup and League Cup. Games over 4 days, 2 cup draws after round 3 never mind 2nd string teams etc.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Our FA Cup Draws since 2017/18:

17/18

3rd Rd - Everton

4th Rd - WBA

18/19

3rd Rd - Wolves

19/20 

3rd Rd - Everton

4th Rd - Shrewsbury

5th Rd - Chelsea

20/21

3rd Rd - Villa

4th Rd - Man Utd

Screenshot_20210111_200002_com.twitter.android.jpg

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

All this talk over City getting their usual easy draw we’ve all kinda overlooked that Chelsea as well are getting their familiar piss easy route to the quarter finals too...

I guess blood money really does talk in sport 

Yeah Chelsea are another.

Reality is most of the time you'd expect to draw easyish ties in 3rd and 4th Rd and then as gets to 5th you'd know it is likely to be tougher.

The last 4 seasons draws round on round for us are a quite unbelievable statistical anomaly as are City's for certain...they've even managed to pull a lower divsion draw in not just 4th rd but the frigging 5th rd tonight.

Staggering stuff.

The  worst thing about this is we will no doubt seeing Solakjaer’s 1999 winner against us over and over.

Urgh. 

I’ve never heard so many chairs simultaneous snapped.  

Anyhoo, meh. Normally I’d be bang up for this but I can’t be bothered with the inconvenience of it. Sunday is far bigger and more important. 

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

All this talk over City getting their usual easy draw we’ve all kinda overlooked that Chelsea as well are getting their familiar piss easy route to the quarter finals too...

I guess blood money really does talk in sport 

Just had a look at their recent draws. They usually get piss easy draws like morecambe, scunthorpe, forest in the early rounds but do tend to get tougher draws from the 5th round onwards. Nowhere near as bad as Man City. Helps them rest their first 11 in January and February though.

A horrible draw because you can't do a half arsed job against them. Right in the middle of a really tough run of games and just before we play Tottenham away. We could really go for them and then drop silly points at Spurs. The worry would be someone like McTominay doing a "good honest fair tackle" and puting Thiago out for 2 months.

If we had Virgil and Joe, I'd be up for chasing a treble, but right now, I'd prefer us to chase the league title 100% and by the time February comes around see where we're at and go at Europe, where if we get through it will probably be a quarter final/semi final/final job sometime in May when we might have Virgil back.

Given it's these fuckers, we have to throw everything at them though.