You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Jan 2-9 2021)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Saturday Jan 2:

Hmmm. Curtis wished Happy New Year to the “real” fans who have supported him. Apparently he’s been getting the Neco Williams treatment on social media. These people need to fuck off and die. I’ve said it before and I’ll re-iterate it. Anyone sending abuse to players, especially young lads, I hope they fucking die. Twats.

Curtis won’t be affected by it as he’s a confident lad, but it’s fucking scandalous that pricks who claim to support us feel they have the right to force their shitty little uneducated opinions onto lads who have more talent in their little toe than these cunts have in their entire bodies. 

If I ruled the world I’d make a law that says any time some twat sends abuse to a player from the team they support (which is entirely different than having a pop at players from rival clubs, because if you're a player why would you care what a rival fans calls you? Your own fans though, different story completely), a couple of boys show up at their house and drag them outside for a beating.

Not even joking. I would happily see these pricks who are messaging our players and telling them they aren’t good enough or saying “get out of my club” sent to A&E. Oxygen thieves, the lot of them.

Meanwhile, West Brom ship four at home to Arsenal. Looking forward to hearing Fat Sam on Talksport Monday morning talking us through how he masterminded it.

Speaking of Allardyce though, this was absolutely fucking priceless. He’s got three signings lined up for WBA but they can’t go through because of the new Brexit laws. This fat prick was on Talksport a couple of years back belching out about how great Brexit was going to be and how everyone will benefit from it. And now, here he is, complaining that Brexit has stopped him making signings (and a little side profit?). Life comes at you fast, eh, you odious slug.

Sunday Jan 3:

Maybe the Botman thing was a false alarm as all the media in Portugal are linking us with some cat named David Carmo. Plus the Transfer Window Grim Reaper James Pearce is saying there is no interest in Botman at all.

Meanwhile, a City player threw a New Year’s Eve party, breaching Covid rules. It wasn’t Walker though, he’s probably lying low after whatever it was he did last week. No, it was someone else. And if you had to guess which City player would be stupid enough to do this I don’t think you’d need many guesses. Benjamin Mendy is a clown and a move like this is entirely in character.

It’s not on though really. They were ‘unable to play’ against the Blues last week because of an outbreak in their squad (allegedly because Walker had a party) and now another one of their players is having a party in his house too. 

Fuck all will happen, but they should have points deducted for this shit. I don’t agree they should forfeit the Everton game because why should those cunts be handed three points for nothing? Nah, play the fixture, but if it turns out that the outbreak was self inflicted then City should have points docked.

Still, even with six players out with Covid they still battered Chelsea. Helps that they’d had the week off to prepare, but the real advantage they had was Lampard being in charge of the opposition.

Twitter was weird today. Chris Kirkland got into a spat with the son of Paul Scholes. Seems Wee Scholesey’s kid threw a New Year’s Eve party in the family mansion, and Kirky not only condemned it, he tagged him in while doing so. The response was exactly as I’d expect. No contrition, no regret, no humility, just abuse, which proved Kirkland’s point really.

Have to laugh that he called him a “washed up Wigan keeper” though. And what exactly is your claim to fame, junior? This is the first time anyone has even heard of you, you soft cunt, and it’s for breaking covid rules. Go back to sponging off your arl fella and *googles* “punching a former school pal in unprovoked attack” and “playing football for Chadderton in the ninth tier” hahaha. You could only dream of playing for Wigan, you tit.

Also on Twitter, the club wished Adrian happy birthday and I made the mistake of looking at the replies. “Get out of my club” “please leave” etc 

It’s his birthday you fucking bad, bad virgins. Have a day off. What are you even hoping to achieve? Klopp isn’t making a decision based on you tweeting from yer ma’s spare room. So the only thing that will happen is Adrian himself might see it if he checks his mentions, and he’ll probably get a little hurt by it as he’s only human. Still, as long as YOU feel better eh? Honestly, these people are the fucking worst.

Also today, Gerry Marsden died. Fucks sake. 2021 picking up where 2020 left off. I’ve heard loads of versions of YNWA but Gerry’s has ruined them all for me. Any other version I’ve heard I’ve tended to go “this is shit” because there’s only one version of it for me. Obviously I’m biased, but it’s just the best. Others might have better voices but no-one did the song better.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

Sorry, this cannot be explained away. It’s not possible for any of that to happen without biased officiating. I’m not crying conspiracy here and saying there’s some clandestine operation to make sure we don’t get any decisions, but there is 100% something not right about this. Either consciously or unconsciously, referees are giving us nothing.

Dave, I think you're trying too hard not to be an Evertonian-like, tinfoil hat wearing loon! It IS biased officiating, but (in my opinion) it is deliberate, rather than unconscious bias. I will try to explain a bit better what I mean.

We have had Michael Oliver fail to send off T Rex arms. It was a huge error and it affected the result, but I believe it was an honest error on his part; and he's finally come out and admitted it (though months later). He's usually a fair (and pretty good) ref, but he had a shocker that day. He was let down by the VAR official (more on that later).

You mentioned the disproportionate amount of decisions that have gone against us, but I would love to see that broken down into each per official. Even that wouldn't paint a true picture because, as you pointed out, there are times even within one game where Sadio or Mo get fouled in a oenalty situation but maybe only one is identified as being worth referring to VAR as a clear error. The others are glossed over by Tyler, Smith et al, so the stats lie a bit.

I think there are around 20 PL referees active this season. Mentions go out to Manchester's Anthony Taylor, and the ever crap Jonathan Moss; however, it is the Red Light 4 that piss me off the most: Friend, Atkinson, Coote and Mariner. They are in each other's pockets, and are consistently, not just unfavourable towrds us but actively antagonsitic. As you say, 80% of possession, yet we get massively disproportionate numbers of fouls given against us.

Coote could have assisted Oliver when he had his brain-fart during the derby, but he somehow "forgot" the rules to be applied when Pickford went Jurassic on Virgil. Forgot? Yeah, right. That level of unprofessionalism should have been dealt with by the head of the PLMOs. Who is the head? Mike fucking Riley, that's who.

These 4 fellow travellers are clearly on a fucking mission, but I guess we will never know: what happens in Indonesia stays in Indonesia.

If they are not, you can send me a tInfoil hat, and change my user name to daveK. Oh, and a fridge magnet, you cunt.

• Upvote 3

The keyboard warriors slagging players off really does my head in too. It is so idiotic to me that sometimes I wonder if they aren't real accounts and are rival fans acting like pricks to give our fans a bad name and unsettle players. Unfortunately that probably isn't the case and presumably other clubs suffer it too, especially the bigger clubs with more fans.

One thing social media has highlighted is that there is a lot more twats in the world than I'd ever have imagined. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Whelan5 said:

You forgot big game James in your midfield options Dave?

I did. Shame on me. I'd probably go with him over any of the others actually. So if Hendo plays at the back it would be Thiago, Gini and Milner, with Shaq as the wild card to bring on if we're chasing it.

2 hours ago, DaveTucker said:

The keyboard warriors slagging players off really does my head in too. It is so idiotic to me that sometimes I wonder if they aren't real accounts and are rival fans acting like pricks to give our fans a bad name and unsettle players. Unfortunately that probably isn't the case and presumably other clubs suffer it too, especially the bigger clubs with more fans.

One thing social media has highlighted is that there is a lot more twats in the world than I'd ever have imagined. 

They are usually LFC fans, I've occasionally had a look through their timelines to double check, hoping for a sign that they were mancs on a wind up. But they're nearly always overseas Reds.

And yeah, that's defo the thing I've learned most from social media. Way, way, way more twats than I realised.

"If you watched that game tonight then post underneath here as I’m genuinely interested to know what motivates you to do that." I'm definitely like you - when we are on a bad run of form I don't want to watch any of our games or any other matches either. Hell - I don't even feel like reading your match reports or your other content but I pay my subs - so here I am, haha. Having said that, we've had it a lot worse before so let's not get too depressed about things at the moment. It's also good that the NFL playoffs are on at the moment - welcome distraction.

Cobra Kai is definitely ace if not a bit unbelievable - hopefully we can see Kreese teaming up with Terry Silver in Season 4 (we didn't actually see this in KK3) and ham up their sadism to another level. 

• Upvote 1

I watched the Spurs v Brentford game, cos I've lived in Brentford for the last three years so they've become my second club. Although I think I would have watched anyway because if the chance of an upset. 

I was hoping for more on how amazing Tiago is turning out to be, to cheer me up this week.

• Upvote 1

I don't even consider myself a football fan anymore as Liverpool fan are the only ones I care about and watch.

It's entirely because of my hatred for other fanbases and the football media because I knew when Klopp brought up our penalty record other fans would take the piss along with the media, just as I know they would refer to how much harder it must be now that LiVARpool is not getting all the decisions if we dared to we only have more fouls than Sheffield United.

We're even getting shit from other teams as I am still confused by Chris Wilder calling Klopp selfish for wanting 5 substitutions.

This season has felt harder than most because we have been getting it from all corners all at once. The fact that Everton were allowed to end the season of our best center back with no repercussion, and also remove our best midfielder for half of the season, while the ref of VAR screwed us out of 3 points with no explanation, and then we had our 3rd best centre injured in training for the fucking English national team, we also lost TAA for a while because Klopp was forced to keep him on the field because idiots like Chris Wilder prefer 3 subs to 5.

I always considered this season a write-off because of COVID and if we won the league I would have seen it as a bonus but seeing how much better we are than the other teams and how much we've been fucked over to make this season competitive lets me really put my fucking tinfoil hat on that this entire season is a fucking stitchup 

• Upvote 2

I don't do much of social media, I guess it's great for some things, but it's just too easy for twats to be, well, twats. If you are not of that mindset, i.e a twat, then you will never understand why they do it. A few non-virtual smacks to the gob might wake them up from their keyboards to the real world. 

I get what your saying about footy at the moment, it can be difficult to watch for all the reasons you've pointed out, but it's still footy, so I'm still uncontrollably drawn to it. There's so much on at the moment it's impossible to watch it all (unless that's your job!), but I'll always watch any that I can.

"Tony the cunt" fits best!

• Upvote 1

I am probably a bit unusual in that I am watching more football this season than previously . I had got to the stage where I was just watching our games, but this has increased with more games, lockdown blues and better Sky and Amazon tablet access meaning I don't need to decamp to the spare room for matches I am not that bothered about. I am still fairly choosy though and wont watch just anything , basically anything with two of the old top 6 or the odd Everton game and even then I tend to just watch the second half.

• Upvote 1

I barely watch footy. I might tune in to Man U, Everton or Chelsea if they're getting battered, but apart from that...I don't even watch us all the time. 

So, sorry Dave, you'll have to keep writing cos it's the only place I get footy news. Don't worry I'm sure your heroic sacrifice will be rewarded in the afterlife! 

• Upvote 2

• dave u unpinned this topic