You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is your favourite movie involving Quentin Tarantino?

What is your favourite movie involving Quentin Tarantino? (A couple of surprise inclusions...)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite movie involving Quentin Tarantino?

• Reservoir Dogs (1992) (Director/Writer)
    • True Romance (1993) (Writer)
    • Pulp Fiction (1994) (Director/Writer)
    • Natural Born Killers (1994) (Story Writer)
    • Killing Zoe (1994) (Executive Producer)
    • Crimson Tide (1995) (Uncredited Writer)
    • Four Rooms (1995) (Writer/Producer)
    • From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) (Writer/Producer)
    • The Rock (1996) (Executive Producer)
    • Jackie Brown (1997) (Director/Writer)
    • Kill Bill: Vol 1 (2003) (Director/Writer)
    • Kill Bill: Vol 2 (2004) (Director/Writer)
    • Hostel (2005) (Executive Producer)
    • Sin City (2005) (Co-Director)
    • Grindhouse: Death Proof (2007) (Director/Writer/Producer)
    • Grindhouse: Planet Terror (2007) (Producer)
    • Inglorious Basterds (2009) (Director/Writer)
    • Django Unchained (2012) (Director/Writer)
    • The Hateful Eight (2015) (Director/Writer)
    • Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019) (Director/Writer/Producer)

I just watched the highlight reel of a couple of older Tarantino movies and they really were great to see. Also looking up his career there were a few surprises in the list of films he had a hand in. There's more than 20 movies listed and some of them would not have stood a chance of being selected, so here are a few inclusions after the fact...

Curdled (1996) (Executive Producer)

God Said Ha! (1998) (Executive Producer)

From Dusk Till Dawn 2:Texas Blood Money (1999) (Executive Producer)

From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter (1999) (Executive Producer)

Hero (2002) (Executive Producer)

My Name Is Modesty (2004) (Executive Producer)

Daltry Calhoun (2005) (Executive Producer)

Hostel Part Two (2007) (Executive Producer)

Hell Ride (2008) (Executive Producer)

Past Midnight (1991) (Uncredited Writer)

It's Pat (1994)   (Uncredited Writer)

I expect the winner of this will be close between a couple of choices but he's been involved in more movies than I thought. Also Freedom's Fury sounds very interesting...

Freedom's Fury is a documentary film about the Melbourne, Australia 1956 Summer Olympics semifinal water polo match between Hungary and the USSR, and the events that led up to the violent battle, the match that what would later be known as the "Blood in the Water match."

He's extremely hit and miss. I've voted for Pulp Fiction, I like that and Inglorious Basterds, as well as Django.

I've tried three times to watch Reservoir Dogs and never made it through, once upon a time in Hollywood is probably the second worst film I've ever seen after Only God Forgives.

Tough one that. Went for Ingorious Basterds, which is in my top 10 films of all time.

Just as a side note, I think Reservoir Dogs is one of the most overrated films I’ve ever seen. Not up on the nuances or cinematography or whatever else it’s judged on, but I didn’t enjoy it.

Notable mentions for runner up candidates are Pulp Fiction, From Dusk Til Dawn, Jackie Brown and Once Upon a Time.

Juts while I’m here, THE most overrated film I’ve EVER seen, is Quadrophnia. What a pile of fucking shite. Cult classic my fucking arse.

1. True Romance

2. Pulp Fiction

3. Kill Bill Vol. 1

4. Reservoir Dogs 

5. From Dusk ‘Til Dawn

6. Kill Bill Vol. 2

7. Inglorious Basterds

8. Django Unchained

9. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood 

10. Jackie Brown

Not that arsed about the rest. 

I've come to really resist Tarantino films. Usually for people who think they know a lot about cinema but think that Pulp Fiction is the pinnacle of Hollywood, or men who think films have to be sweary and violent to be grown-up.

The man needs an editor so I'd probably say Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown or Pulp Fiction. I deeply distrust people who think the Kill Bill films are good.

• Upvote 2

Pulp Fiction is a master piece in every way. There is not a single moment in that movie that isn't brilliant. You can start watching it 45 minutes in and still love it.

Once upon time is another brilliant movie, I don't understand how anyone can watch it and think otherwise.

Just now, No2 said:

Pulp Fiction is a master piece in every way. There is not a single moment in that movie that isn't brilliant. You can start watching it 45 minutes in and still love it.

Once upon time is another brilliant movie, I don't understand how anyone can watch it and think otherwise.

I've watched it over 100 times and I still pick up on something new every time. A small thing, the little details. It truly is a masterpiece. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I've come to really resist Tarantino films. Usually for people who think they know a lot about cinema but think that Pulp Fiction is the pinnacle of Hollywood, or men who think films have to be sweary and violent to be grown-up.

The man needs an editor so I'd probably say Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown or Pulp Fiction. I deeply distrust people who think the Kill Bill films are good.

images-of-scott-william-winters.jpg

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Usually listing their top five films, which consist of at least four examples of sweary gangsters.

• Upvote 1

Tarantino seems to be obsessed with details, Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece but I wonder if a couple of mistakes were intentional. In the introductory scene when Bonnie stands on the table she says...

"If any of you fucking pricks move, I'll execute every mother-fucking one of you!"

In the same scene when Vincent and Jules are in the cafe, Bonnie stands on the table and says...

"If any of you fucking pricks move, I'll execute every one of you motherfuckers."

24 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Usually listing their top five films, which consist of at least four examples of sweary gangsters.

8 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

"Scarface, anyfing by Tarantino, Snatch, Goodfellas..." Yeah, great stuff.

Out of interest what are your top 5 favourite films? I expect we will see a few Spencer Tracy movies here?