You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Incredibly he manages to praise Utd players and say they are 'clever' whist knocking Mane for doing same (but not getting a pen)

Just unreal.

This is amazing...from Clattenburg

"I have watched United closely this season and analysed each of their 11 penalty awards. 

There are as many as five where I believe contact was invited or even initiated by the United player.
Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Paul Pogba and Mason Greenwood are the players involved. 
They are, in many ways, being clever. 
Once there is contact and the penalty is awarded, VAR will rarely overturn the decision."

"Notice, too, that more players are going down in what referees call the 'dead zone' in the penalty area, a position from which they have little chance of scoring. Rashford did it against Newcastle when he was heading out of the area and took the chance to go to ground under a loose leg from Jamal Lewis."

"

But this is where Klopp should be careful, because that is exactly what Sadio Mane did when going down too easily under Kyle Walker-Peters' challenge during last Monday's 1-0 defeat at Southampton. 

The ball was running out of play and, in a different position with the chance to score, I believe Mane would have ridden the challenge.

So there were a couple of things to take from Klopp's comments after that game. First, he sounds like a hypocrite if he is suggesting United's players are looking to win penalties. The likes of Mo Salah and Mane are just as capable of employing similar tactics"

He's just talking bollocks and I used to think he was a better ref out of the PL mob.

Fact of the matter is I dont really care about players diving and 'conning' the ref. It's the ref's job not to be 'conned' into giving it.

What I detest is shitheads like clattenburg making excuses for why united get countless penalty decisions he and the rest of his mob would turn away for just about every other club, not just us.

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He's just talking bollocks and I used to think he was a better ref out of the PL mob.

Fact of the matter is I dont really care about players diving and 'conning' the ref. It's the ref's job not to be 'conned' into giving it.

What I detest is shitheads like clattenburg making excuses for why united get countless penalty decisions he and the rest of his mob would turn away for just about every other club, not just us.

Its a joke.

The whole point is that Rashford gets a pen in same scenario Mane does not, but no talk about why that is case, just call Klopp a hypocrite for pointing out that issue.

Even worse is him saying var won't overturn what are clearly wrong calls when ref has given them...

Surely we have enough contacts in the media to retort that statement. That's a fucking scandalous interview to give. Tierney is already under pressure with it being a huge fixture. What's the betting that unless its blatant for both teams, he'll wave away every dubious claim to even things out. 

Just now, niallers said:

Surely we have enough contacts in the media to retort that statement. That's a fucking scandalous interview to give. Tierney is already under pressure with it being a huge fixture. What's the betting that unless its blatant for both teams, he'll wave away every dubious claim to even things out. 

That would suit me fine

If Matip is unavailable, I’d rather Hendo go CB with a Midfield of Thiago, Wiji and Shaq. Wouldn’t trust Rhys or Philipps  up against the experience of Cavani, pace of Rashford or Martial. Rhys got done last week by a 17 year old, this game’s too big for him or Phillips. Klopp obviously thinks the Soton game wasn’t for them, surely he’s not gonna start either of them v these cunts. 

59 minutes ago, an tha said:

Its a joke.

The whole point is that Rashford gets a pen in same scenario Mane does not, but no talk about why that is case, just call Klopp a hypocrite for pointing out that issue.

Even worse is him saying var won't overturn what are clearly wrong calls when ref has given them...

I hope Jürgen decides to call out this shit in his pre-game presser.

That Clattenberg stuff is scandalous. I'm really not the conspiracy type but the Premier League have defo said to the officials and VAR twats "Liverpool having the title sewn up by February was bad for business, do NOT let that happen this year, we need a title race and ideally we need Utd who are the most marketable club in the league to be in the mix, make it happen you corrupt shower of fucking shit cunts go on fuck off don't come back until you've shafted every last bit of decency out of the game you fucking masons, get it done and we will fly you back out to tits and dick land you sleazy bastards" 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

If Matip is unavailable, I’d rather Hendo go CB with a Midfield of Thiago, Wiji and Shaq. Wouldn’t trust Rhys or Philipps  up against the experience of Cavani, pace of Rashford or Martial. Rhys got done last week by a 17 year old, this game’s too big for him or Phillips. Klopp obviously thinks the Soton game wasn’t for them, surely he’s not gonna start either of them v these cunts. 

I couldn't disagree more mate, he was terrible there against Southampton. If Matip is out I'd go Fabinho and I'd be tempted to either play Robbo or Tsimikas with him.

10 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Game isn’t far from being finished. Not far at all. Not the same sport anymore.

And then you get this although they’ve definitely developed the art over the last 18 months ......I’m surprised the Beeb reported it and didn’t wait till after the game 

Manchester United's Marcus Rashford says former manager Jose Mourinho made him more "savvy" in the penalty area.

It follows recent debates over United's penalty count with Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp suggesting Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side had won more than his over a far shorter period.

The England striker, 23, said Mourinho changed his attitude in the box.

He added: "Jose said, 'if you're not savvy about the way you do it, then you are not going to get given it'."

Mourinho left United in 2018 after two years in charge, and since Solskjaer's first league match in December of that year, the side have been awarded the most Premier League penalties (27).

Last season United broke the record for the most spot-kicks awarded in a single Premier League season (14) and this campaign they have won 11 in all competitions.

"When you are making runs in behind or you are dribbling with the ball and you see a challenge coming, you don't want to get tackled because you are looking at an opportunity to score a goal," said Rashford, who won the Football Writers' Association 2021 Tribute Award on Thursday.

"But there have been times when we have probably not got penalties.

"When Jose was manager, there were five or six times I can remember where I should have had a penalty."

Upon being given the advice, Rashford said: "It was something in terms of development you have to learn and understand."

The forward has won 11 penalties for United at domestic league and European level, although eight of those have come under the management of Solskjaer.

I have to be honest, with all the shit and negativity going on in the world at the moment, I'm finding it hard to give a shit about this match and football on general right now. 

I'm not saying null and void by the way. But I just don't really give a shit about this match. 

Hopefully that'll change by Sunday, but I've felt less "up" for the games the past few weeks. I think it's a mixture of covid everywhere (I don't have it), no crowds and maybe even that poxy var slowly sucking the enjoyment from the game. 

Saying that, I'm sure I'd be rather pleased with a sneaky victory against them cunts

• Upvote 5