Quantcast
Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30 - Page 40 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

The press noises and quotes from United players this morning... 

 

Judging from the tone, I assume they beat the woefully out-of-form Liverpool side who can't score for shit at the moment. Right? 

 

It's like I said earlier on the match thread, their PR has always been top drawer, seeing them at the top again has been a bad reminder of how many of their fanboys are always foaming at the mouth ready to come out and talk them up. 

 

I don't watch the Mancs at all so only saw them yesterday, and I was astonished at how everage they were, not just on the day but in their personnel, I wouldn't take a single one of their players, maybe their goalie for backup and Rashford because he's a nice lad, he could sit on the bench. 

 

They're selling themselves now as plucky underdogs going about things the right way with a carefully considered, longterm plan, not like these other clubs who've bought success. And yet I think they've spent something like a quarter of a billion quid in recent years. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really pisses me off the way Neville can't shorten words. 'Good result for ole gunnar solskjaer, manager of Manchester United'. Does he get paid by the word like Charles Dickens? The tit. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

 

It's like I said earlier on the match thread, their PR has always been top drawer, seeing them at the top again has been a bad reminder of how many of their fanboys are always foaming at the mouth ready to come out and talk them up. 

 

I don't watch the Mancs at all so only saw them yesterday, and I was astonished at how everage they were, not just on the day but in their personnel, I wouldn't take a single one of their players, maybe their goalie for backup and Rashford because he's a nice lad, he could sit on the bench. 

 

They're selling themselves now as plucky underdogs going about things the right way with a carefully considered, longterm plan, not like these other clubs who've bought success. And yet I think they've spent something like a quarter of a billion quid in recent years. 

 

 

 

They have that ex Sky Soccer Sunday twat, Neil Ashton running their PR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

 

It's like I said earlier on the match thread, their PR has always been top drawer, seeing them at the top again has been a bad reminder of how many of their fanboys are always foaming at the mouth ready to come out and talk them up. 

 

I don't watch the Mancs at all so only saw them yesterday, and I was astonished at how everage they were, not just on the day but in their personnel, I wouldn't take a single one of their players, maybe their goalie for backup and Rashford because he's a nice lad, he could sit on the bench. 

 

They're selling themselves now as plucky underdogs going about things the right way with a carefully considered, longterm plan, not like these other clubs who've bought success. And yet I think they've spent something like a quarter of a billion quid in recent years. 

 

 

 

I'd only watch when I see they're getting beat. Gives me great pleasure. Hate the cunts. Them barca and Madrid. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neville saying united 3 points ahead of the greatest Liverpool team ever.... we havent even played everyone once yet!

 

This isn't the greatest Liverpool team ever not this season or even last season or the season before it, although its one of the best when on form, on form its a machine. Currently its a team in poor form with big injury problems and a small squad and United are the most expensive Stoke side in football History who in their best form in years are only 3 points ahead. Paisley's side is the best Liverpool team ever 6 titles and 3 European cups in less than a decade.

 

We hadn't won the league in 30 years yet united only 1 league title ahead and somehow this is our greatest team... what about the sides that won the other 18 titles. They truly believe football began in 92.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Neville saying united 3 points ahead of the greatest Liverpool team ever.... we havent even played everyone once yet!

 

This isn't the greatest Liverpool team ever not this season or even last season or the season before it, although its one of the best when on form, on form its a machine. Currently its a team in poor form with big injury problems and a small squad and United are the most expensive Stoke side in football History who in their best form in years are only 3 points ahead. Paisley's side is the best Liverpool team ever 6 titles and 3 European cups in less than a decade.

 

We hadn't won the league in 30 years yet united only 1 league title ahead and somehow this is our greatest team... what about the sides that won the other 18 titles. They truly believe football began in 92.

As a pundit, I like neville a lot more than I think I should. He's spot on when he's analysing a game in front of him. He talks shite when he starts thinking and talking like a united fan.

 

I hate this stuff comparing teams from past years against current or contemporary ones. They are different eras, they had different playing surfaces to play on, different fixtures schedules and hell even different rules.

 

United fans like to sing that little ditty '20 times man united' then say we only have 1 PL title to their 13. Ask them what their other 7 were and they go all sheepish or shut up.

 

They are 3 points ahead of us. I wont mention the fortuitous decisions they've had that have contributed to that. Oh, I just did! But they can drone on all they like. City are the team anyone wanting to retain or win the title this year need to watch, not united.

 

We might not retain our title but, neither are united winning it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're very slow in the buildup. Decision making is poor and our attackers seem to be totally tuned off. IMO this game was very poor from both teams.  Yet Klopp says we played a good game, especially 1st half. A worry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klopp comments after the game are very disheartening - talking about finishing top 4.

So much for attacking the title this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually thought the first half gave some cause for optimism, we were a lot slicker than we have been but it’s that final ball (and taking an actual shot) that seems missing. The team is out of form but we were better and that’s a positive.
 

we flagged in the 2nd half but that was to be expected as we were the ones attacking but I don’t think yesterday was as big as disaster as it seems some are making it out to be.

 

i do understand that a lot of pessimism is based on our seeming reluctance to spend money to help ease the problems we have though but hopefully we can carry forward some of the positives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Really pisses me off the way Neville can't shorten words. 'Good result for ole gunnar solskjaer, manager of Manchester United'. Does he get paid by the word like Charles Dickens? The tit. 

That's so true. I wish his syntax was more like Tom Chance's:

 

"Good result...Solskjear...Mancs"

 

Chance In A Million - C4 Sitcom - British Comedy Guide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, connaw12 said:

looking at the odds here and utd could be a strong outsider.

 

https://www.sportsbetting3.com/soccer/england-premier-league-odds

 

obv liverpool and man city have the chops but maybe tottenham could be even better money.

City is just printing money.  The other two don't have a hope in hell and that's all on fsg. 

 

Even klopp telling the world yesterday that top four is now the target. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mark M said:

Klopp comments after the game are very disheartening - talking about finishing top 4.

So much for attacking the title this season.

Thought that was very telling when he came out with it, and depressing

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mark M said:

Klopp comments after the game are very disheartening - talking about finishing top 4.

So much for attacking the title this season.

I hope he's just saying that and it's not his current mindset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, given the nature of the season, our injury problems, the fact the refs and VAR keep fucking us over, I wouldn't be surprised if JWH has gently reminded him that top 4 is a minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lario said:

To be honest, given the nature of the season, our injury problems, the fact the refs and VAR keep fucking us over, I wouldn't be surprised if JWH has gently reminded him that top 4 is a minimum.

He can get to fuck the cunt

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grinch said:

City is just printing money.  The other two don't have a hope in hell and that's all on fsg. 

 

Even klopp telling the world yesterday that top four is now the target. 

He’s just taking the pressure off the players, there’s no way he’s giving up on this league.

 

If that Manc outfit are the standard bearer then there’s nothing to worry about and fuck City they’ll have another dip.


I for one can’t wait for Thursday night we’re gonna murder them 73% to 27% we’ve got this.

 

3-0 win with everyone starting to shit their pants about us again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • I was convinced we'd get 4th when we got fabinho back in midfield, but as mad as it sounds I think this Phillips injury has killed us. I don't know what the odds are on us getting 4th, but I wouldn't take 10/1 right now, those 4 points are too many to catch in the remaining 5 games when we already had enough to catch. I hate all this could and should with results, but forgetting the entire shit show of 21, we should be 3 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. 
    • Haha, UEFA indicating the final will go ahead in Istanbul and ignoring calls from the self proclaimed guardians of English football to switch it to England.   Just more reason to null and void it because, well, people's lives mean more. Give it a massive fucking asterisk as well, cunts!
    • I'd have took this year, for last year.    But, I'd say Philips missing Leeds and Newcastle pretty much sums up this season - there has been a lot of errors from everyone - but, we had gotten ourselves into a bit of form, a good place and Fab was back in the middle making a difference - then Philips gets injured and back to square one. 
    • 2 things for me. The goal bamford had ruled out for pointing where he wanted the ball and his elbow or whatever was deemed offside when measure by feet on the ground he was about a yard onside. And from an LFC perspective, the lack of a centre back on Jan 1 with the "it'll be alright, we're great us" attitude.    Edit and here's the bamford picture for those who don't remember. 
    • Being trying to work out the European places.   I think it works out...   Citeh win the CL or Chelsea win the CL and finish Top 4.   Top 4- CL 5 & 6 EL 7 - Conference    Chelsea win the CL and finish 5th or worse  (let’s just say they finish 5th).   Top 4 - CL Chelsea - CL 6 & 7 - EL 8 - Conference   I’ve noticed the Conference qualification is just a play off place, so no guarantee of getting into it proper. 
        I see they’ve done away with the last 32 rounds for the EL and the Conference and its sides who finish 2nd in their group and drop outs playing in a pulmonary last 16 before an actual last 16.  
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Now

  • Popular Contributors

  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×