You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Anyone that had hopes Matip would be fit should give themselves a slap. That fucker needs binning, fucking crock.

With the injuries we have that's about the best team we could field. Not sure about Shaq over Jones, he's hardly played this season and now he's thrown into our biggest game of the year?

If we lose this I will be raging at FSG. Halfway into the month and we are playing without any centre backs because they won't spend to defend our title. 

It is scandalous.

A team trying to win league having to field two midfielders in the centre half spots....managing to leave a soft target and weaken the engine room at same time.

10 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I doubt Matip was even close.

He’s not very good at CB. Good news is there probably wont be too many high balls to deal with from open play.

Set pieces however is a major worry with this team. Mane and Bobby our only threats from corners, and defensively I can see us struggle big time on their corners.

Our pressing game will be more vital than ever today. They will press high in the start, they always do that. Need to find a way through them and in behind them when they do that. After 15-20 mins I expect them to defend deeper and try to hit us on the counter. Then we still need to get in behind them somehow, and not just play it around in front of them. Make their average defence work with their faces to their own goal. When we loose it we need to be all over them to deny the counter attacks.

Come on Reds, fucking win this!

2 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

What's the fucking point in clinging desperately to the faint hope that Matip is going to stay fit. If our youngsters aren't good enough to replace him then for fuck sake buy a fucking centre back you cunts. 

The videos of Virgil looking good will re rocked out by the FSG media team.

Being honest, Jurgen has trusted Curtis Jones, Neco and Kev in big games over the past few months and because they have generally done well, he would be even happier now doing it if he had to. Not saying he'd want to but there would be a trust there especially with Jones.

It's very evident that by playing Hendo in there he has little faith in Williams or Philips in a really big game. That in itself is a pretty big message for FSG.

I still think we will buy a centre half before the end of the window because as tight as FSG are, they are very astute and not to do so is potentially financial suicide for them.

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I said on the modern football thread that I'm more worried about the Ref/VAR than I am their side. Sad state of affairs but these always get the rub of the green. Last season at their shithole their goal should have been chalked off for a foul in the build-up. Clear as day, VAR looked at it and they still awarded them the goal. 

Fuck em

ee551948bf2aa7ccb81bcb2ea67acb64.gif

That's a pen to utd all day. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I still think we will buy a centre half before the end of the window because as tight as FSG are, they are very astute and not to do so is potentially financial suicide for them.

If we were going to sign one we'd have done it by now. When was the last time we made a signing late in the January window? 

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

If we were going to sign one we'd have done it by now. When was the last time we made a signing late in the January window? 

Fair point MegadriveMan, but they are probably low balling the fuck out of some team in France or Portugal the ladt few weeks. 

I'd say they are horrible bastards to deal with and in the long term, we'll piss off a lot of clubs.

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Honestly dont think Jurgen wants to buy a centre back this window and I think that's the only reason he wont.

Which would mean he has someone lined up for next summer and doesn't want to rock the boat. 

Regardless we're not winning the league this season for many reasons. 

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Honestly dont think Jurgen wants to buy a centre back this window and I think that's the only reason he wont.

Then I hope he knows something we don’t about the fitness of Van Dijk, because it’s a hell of a gamble to take when our current lack of resources have left top four looking dicey.

Miss out this year and he probably gets one more season to turn it around, which is some pressure when on top of being a far less tempting prospect for top players, it’ll be a sell-to-buy summer on steroids without CL money.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Honestly think Jurgen wants to buy a centre back this window and I think FSG spreadsheets are the only reason he won't 

I have to agree, simply because it’s too ridiculous a risk not to and I can’t imagine Klopp being happy with that. It would be one thing if we were firmly ensconced in the top four with no danger of dropping out, but that’s not the case.

It’s all very well saying “there must be someone lined up for the summer” but if they’re the sort of player who’d attract the interest of other top clubs, there’s no guarantee they’d still want to join if we were to end up in the Europa or worse and, given how the owners operate, it might be that we’d have to sell a couple of first team regulars to have anything to spend given the financial impact of missing out on the CL.

8 minutes ago, John102 said:

When we hadnt signed anyone in the summer, people said it was down to Klopp.

Then we offloaded Brewster and Lovren and all of a sudden Klopp changed his mind.

Of course Klopp doesnt want to play Fabinho and Henderson at centre half, are you mad.

He is perfectly fine with playing Fabinho in defense. Henderson, though? Clearly not. 

Think there is a fair chance that we have someone lined up for the summer and for decent money. Maybe one of the lads from Leipzig.

Having said that whether it's Jurgen or the Yacht Club or both of them saying no to a centre half, it seems like a crazy decision. 

Jurgen playing Hendo there today reads to me like a message he wants a centre half.