You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

38 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

The press noises and quotes from United players this morning... 

Judging from the tone, I assume they beat the woefully out-of-form Liverpool side who can't score for shit at the moment. Right? 

It's like I said earlier on the match thread, their PR has always been top drawer, seeing them at the top again has been a bad reminder of how many of their fanboys are always foaming at the mouth ready to come out and talk them up. 

I don't watch the Mancs at all so only saw them yesterday, and I was astonished at how everage they were, not just on the day but in their personnel, I wouldn't take a single one of their players, maybe their goalie for backup and Rashford because he's a nice lad, he could sit on the bench. 

They're selling themselves now as plucky underdogs going about things the right way with a carefully considered, longterm plan, not like these other clubs who've bought success. And yet I think they've spent something like a quarter of a billion quid in recent years. 

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's like I said earlier on the match thread, their PR has always been top drawer, seeing them at the top again has been a bad reminder of how many of their fanboys are always foaming at the mouth ready to come out and talk them up. 

I don't watch the Mancs at all so only saw them yesterday, and I was astonished at how everage they were, not just on the day but in their personnel, I wouldn't take a single one of their players, maybe their goalie for backup and Rashford because he's a nice lad, he could sit on the bench. 

They're selling themselves now as plucky underdogs going about things the right way with a carefully considered, longterm plan, not like these other clubs who've bought success. And yet I think they've spent something like a quarter of a billion quid in recent years. 

They have that ex Sky Soccer Sunday twat, Neil Ashton running their PR.

35 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'd only watch when I see they're getting beat. Gives me great pleasure. Hate the cunts. Them barca and Madrid. 

• Upvote 1

Neville saying united 3 points ahead of the greatest Liverpool team ever.... we havent even played everyone once yet!

This isn't the greatest Liverpool team ever not this season or even last season or the season before it, although its one of the best when on form, on form its a machine. Currently its a team in poor form with big injury problems and a small squad and United are the most expensive Stoke side in football History who in their best form in years are only 3 points ahead. Paisley's side is the best Liverpool team ever 6 titles and 3 European cups in less than a decade.

We hadn't won the league in 30 years yet united only 1 league title ahead and somehow this is our greatest team... what about the sides that won the other 18 titles. They truly believe football began in 92.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Neville saying united 3 points ahead of the greatest Liverpool team ever.... we havent even played everyone once yet!

This isn't the greatest Liverpool team ever not this season or even last season or the season before it, although its one of the best when on form, on form its a machine. Currently its a team in poor form with big injury problems and a small squad and United are the most expensive Stoke side in football History who in their best form in years are only 3 points ahead. Paisley's side is the best Liverpool team ever 6 titles and 3 European cups in less than a decade.

We hadn't won the league in 30 years yet united only 1 league title ahead and somehow this is our greatest team... what about the sides that won the other 18 titles. They truly believe football began in 92.

As a pundit, I like neville a lot more than I think I should. He's spot on when he's analysing a game in front of him. He talks shite when he starts thinking and talking like a united fan.

I hate this stuff comparing teams from past years against current or contemporary ones. They are different eras, they had different playing surfaces to play on, different fixtures schedules and hell even different rules.

United fans like to sing that little ditty '20 times man united' then say we only have 1 PL title to their 13. Ask them what their other 7 were and they go all sheepish or shut up.

They are 3 points ahead of us. I wont mention the fortuitous decisions they've had that have contributed to that. Oh, I just did! But they can drone on all they like. City are the team anyone wanting to retain or win the title this year need to watch, not united.

We might not retain our title but, neither are united winning it.

I actually thought the first half gave some cause for optimism, we were a lot slicker than we have been but it’s that final ball (and taking an actual shot) that seems missing. The team is out of form but we were better and that’s a positive.

we flagged in the 2nd half but that was to be expected as we were the ones attacking but I don’t think yesterday was as big as disaster as it seems some are making it out to be.

i do understand that a lot of pessimism is based on our seeming reluctance to spend money to help ease the problems we have though but hopefully we can carry forward some of the positives.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Really pisses me off the way Neville can't shorten words. 'Good result for ole gunnar solskjaer, manager of Manchester United'. Does he get paid by the word like Charles Dickens? The tit. 

That's so true. I wish his syntax was more like Tom Chance's:

"Good result...Solskjear...Mancs"

Chance In A Million - C4 Sitcom - British Comedy Guide

18 minutes ago, connaw12 said:

looking at the odds here and utd could be a strong outsider.

https://www.sportsbetting3.com/soccer/england-premier-league-odds

obv liverpool and man city have the chops but maybe tottenham could be even better money.

City is just printing money.  The other two don't have a hope in hell and that's all on fsg. 

Even klopp telling the world yesterday that top four is now the target. 

2 hours ago, Lario said:

To be honest, given the nature of the season, our injury problems, the fact the refs and VAR keep fucking us over, I wouldn't be surprised if JWH has gently reminded him that top 4 is a minimum.

He can get to fuck the cunt

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Grinch said:

City is just printing money.  The other two don't have a hope in hell and that's all on fsg. 

Even klopp telling the world yesterday that top four is now the target. 

He’s just taking the pressure off the players, there’s no way he’s giving up on this league.

If that Manc outfit are the standard bearer then there’s nothing to worry about and fuck City they’ll have another dip.

I for one can’t wait for Thursday night we’re gonna murder them 73% to 27% we’ve got this.

3-0 win with everyone starting to shit their pants about us again.