You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Code said:

This really is a moronic argument, players can get injured everywhere. If he had not played that game he could have got injured in training or at home while ironing his shirt. 

Please never do it again, as a coach, manager and footballer you dont think like that. 

It was a dead rubber of a game, and our most in form player got injured. It's moronic to liken it to training or ironing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Tierney reffed this game to perfection - the average punter might have been aware of the penalties issue, so that cunt Tierney  did the death by a thousand cuts way.  Every single 50/50 given to the cunts.  That way PLGOL (or whatever they're called) come smelling up like roses.  Fucking disgraceful display.

That thing where he blew early in the first half was just weird. I can't wrap my head around it.

The refs in general are just so inept.

Footballers work each week to improve their game.  We're now at a point where football players have honed their craft. They are first rate athletes. They seek continuous improvement. 

Refs it seams....not so much.

2 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

We’ve lost our aura. This is largely to do with a number of factors, the loss of Van Dijk and Gomez is enormous, Trent’s having knock on effects in midfield, Trent’s form, the empty stadiums, the front 3s regression.

I think we can definitely fix this for next season, with VVD and Gomez back, Jota and a new signing for the front 3 and fans back in the stadiums.

It doesn’t help that every coach and his dog has analysed Klopp’s style/tactics over the last 2-3 seasons, culminating in taking the Prem for the 1st time in 30 yrs.

At times Utd out-pressed us today, high up the pitch. That’s supposed to be what we do to other teams. The fact is, we’ve been found out since winning the league.

Man City are getting re-invented, and I think Klopp is well aware, we can’t sustain the sheer dynamism of us forever.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jennings said:

That thing where he blew early in the first half was just weird. I can't wrap my head around it.

The refs in general are just so inept.

Footballers work each week to improve their game.  We're now at a point where football players have honed their craft. They are first rate athletes. They seek continuous improvement. 

Refs it seams....not so much.

I thought the one minute added on was weird, I was literally thinking oh right the ref doesn't want us getting one here 1 minute is kinda sus. then he blew it 6 seconds early too. 

This is going to sound to sound very GOT but I think I'm on the money here. Refs are helping kill us, that chubby cunt today had a huge impact on the game. Luke Shaw had the ball in his arms for a combined 15 minutes, every throw in was taking a full minute. He allowed them play on for 3 offsides and when we had our first tight one he blew immediately. Worst of all though was 3 times he blew for the offsides was when we had it under control and were attacking. He stopped Thiago taking a quick free on our 18 yard line to make him go back 1 yard, what the fuck is that? Then blowing the whistle early for half time, just weird. We were a bit shit and have been for a few weeks but these cunts aren't helping. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

It doesn’t help that every coach and his dog has analysed Klopp’s style/tactics over the last 2-3 seasons, culminating in taking the Prem for the 1st time in 30 yrs.

At times Utd out-pressed us today, high up the pitch. That’s supposed to be what we do to other teams. The fact is, we’ve been found out since winning the league.

Man City are getting re-invented, and I think Klopp is well aware, we can’t sustain the sheer dynamism of us forever.

utd outpressed us? Did they fuck, they played with 10 men behind the ball making it difficult, outpressed? thought we pressed them well when they were trying to play out from the back but they done what the other shit teams have done & defended in numbers. It’s up to us to find an answer. But to say they out-pressed us is just fucking silly. 

Apparently some are saying Salah has been worked out and is easy to nullify. 

Considering he is the league's top scorer with 13 goals in 17 games, and is almost on 20 goals for the season overall, I'm not sure the nullifying has worked out as well as the opponents think.

He is just going through a bad patch of form. Happens to all great goalscorers at different stages in their careers. You can see he is overthinking in some situations. There were times when he could have hit early shots today but took extra touches and the chance became more difficult. Salah'll be fine soon enough. Firmino is the bigger worry for me because he has been in a prolonged run of poor form in front of goal for over a year now.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, No2 said:

This is going to sound to sound very GOT but I think I'm on the money here. Refs are helping kill us, that chubby cunt today had a huge impact on the game. Luke Shaw had the ball in his arms for a combined 15 minutes, every throw in was taking a full minute. He allowed them play on for 3 offsides and when we had our first tight one he blew immediately. Worst of all though was 3 times he blew for the offsides was when we had it under control and were attacking. He stopped Thiago taking a quick free on our 18 yard line to make him go back 1 yard, what the fuck is that? Then blowing the whistle early for half time, just weird. We were a bit shit and have been for a few weeks but these cunts aren't helping. 

Funny you should mention Shaw taking his time at throw ins. Remember that fat twat Jon Moss booking Trent at city when the crowd howled at him taking his throw in?

Anyone know any player booked for timewasting at throw in since then? Nah, me neither.

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Midytlland had 12 yellow cards & 1 red card in 6 games. They were an utterly thuggish outfit & it was completely reckless to play any of the vital senior pros like Jota in that fixture after what Midytlland showed in the first leg & the injury situation. He came out of it with a bruised knee from their most booked player, not some sort of self-inflicted muscle injury.

There are degrees of relativity in risk between ironing a shirt and playing an amateur outfit leaving every boot in.

Amateur outfit, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, so lets leave it there?

1 hour ago, Code said:

Amateur outfit, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, so lets leave it there?

A club founded 21 years ago, more recently than Michael Owen’s goal against Argentina, with an 11k stadium on par with Crewe Alexandra? I think it’s fairly clear where Midtylland’s standing in the game is.

You were given the disciplinary statistics & circumstance of the injury; you trundled on with ironing board analogies. The decades do nothing to sharpen your wits, do they?

10 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

A club founded 21 years ago, more recently than Michael Owen’s goal against Argentina, with an 11k stadium on par with Crewe Alexandra? I think it’s fairly clear where Midtylland’s standing in the game is.

You were given the disciplinary statistics & circumstance of the injury; you trundled on with ironing board analogies. The decades do nothing to sharpen your wits, do they?

Nor would I have played Jota against Michael Owen's goal against Argentina.

14 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

My point was and is, that neither players or managers skip games when fully fit to avoid injuries, its simply not in their nature.

There was an obvious reason for the ironing board thoug, maybe not everyone remember or know?

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/salad-cream-dog-pss-drills-tricycles-13-strangest-injuries/

I think one of the issues we've had for a while is we don't have anyone who can nick a goal. Jota is the closest thing we've had to a natural finisher since Suarez left.

Salah, Mane and Firminho are all boss at what they do but they have to be firing on all cylinders to do maximum damage. Their neat play has to come off perfectly or their runs behind have to be timed to perfection for us to get a chance, and the nature of their finishing ability means they're probably gonna only find the net once in every three chances.

Our midfield virtually never chips in with goals either and there's no penalty box predator to produce a goal from nothing. 

That's the way we play though and to be fair it works. jota was bought in part to try and light a fire under the front three but that was scuppered by injury. Fuck knows what the answer is.

After a night's sleep, I actually feel happy enough with a point, because we could have lost yesterday and then we really would be up shit creek.

We're very unfortunate in some ways that a lot of our hardest games remaining are in the next 6 weeks when we're feeling like shit about ourselves. Still it was moments like these that we won a lot of titles in the 70s and 80s from and to be fair the Mancs were the same under Ferguson as well.

The past few seasons every time our front three got the ball you expected a goal or a goal chance. Every time Trent got the ball you expected a cracking ball. That isn't happening right now, but it will click. Hopefully against Burnley.

I'd play Matip against Burnley and give him a good week's rest until Spurs. That will make a bit of difference to the midfield. 

Being honest, I think we jib the FA cup and I hate myself for saying it because it's the Mancs. It's going to be a huge distraction and lead to almighty fixture congestion that our squad doesn't need. Our luck has been shot to bits this season and losing say Mane for 6 weeks to a McTomminay "fair honest challenge" in an FA cup game adds to the misery. Hopefully now it's other people's turn. I'd play lads like Neco, Kev and possibly Jones. Origi, Milner and Taki as well. Tsimikas and Keita if they are fit. It gives them minutes and if they play well it's a bonus.

Jota might be the injection we need in February if we can just come throught the next 3-4 games with a few wins.

• Upvote 1