You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

That wasn’t a great game of football. That was no different to our previous 3 games. We have no answer against teams sitting deep. Thiago could be the answer but he’s sat too deep. Our two best chances fell to Firmino, who again did his best work outside of the box. I’d like to see us alter our setup. The Firmino as a as a CF experiment is done now, play him in his best position and play Salah in front of him. 4-2-3-1, with Shaq on the right and Mane on the left. 

I wouldn't call 4 and a half seasons of playing someone in a position an "experiment".

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, lebron said:

I wish Klopp would adress the diminishing of the product that the Premier League is currently becoming. Focus on the lack of actual playing time in the games. 

Every team now does the same trick from the 1st minute. AAAAAGGGGEESS with every dead ball and throw in. Maybe Mike Riley and his goons won't like to change, but someone in charge of the product may take notice. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'm guessing we're down to between 35 and 45 mins in play these days when we meet WBA (and todays WBA on steroids), Spurs and every LMA acolyte's team. Tierney gave one instruction to Shaw today, he whistled when he had stolen about 15 yds. Shaw then spent another 20 seconds (and proceeded 5 yds forward anyway). It's an absolute joke, and needs dealing with.

I've had a few, but fuckin hell.

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Might just be me, sorry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

That wasn’t a great game of football. That was no different to our previous 3 games. We have no answer against teams sitting deep. Thiago could be the answer but he’s sat too deep. Our two best chances fell to Firmino, who again did his best work outside of the box. I’d like to see us alter our setup. The Firmino as a as a CF experiment is done now, play him in his best position and play Salah in front of him. 4-2-3-1, with Shaq on the right and Mane on the left. 

Oh, just shut up now! You've been banging this drum for the best of 3 years while we've conquered everything before us. Shaq on the right would be about as effective as Mata is for Utd. 

I'm not calling names, but I'll be back to neg this once I've reloaded. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Our tactics are fucking maddening. Klopp seems to have reverted to his early day where if somethings broke then don’t fix it. 

We can’t keep using the excuse that we lost vvd as we shipped 7 with him in the team and Jota has only been here for 5 minutes. 

Our front 3 haven’t clicked for a long time and it’s coming home to roost. Salah plays for himself and Bobby’s a massive liability. Teams know salah’s not gonna go outside the right back and just show him inside to blast the ball against the 2nd defenders legs repeatedly while knowing if it does fall to Bobby they’ll get it back easily and counter us. 

These 2 know they’re undroppable no matter how bad it gets while the replacements have gave up any hope of getting a run in the team or even coming on as a sub so may as well go through the motions as their confidence must be shattered.

We’re not gonna sign any big money players this month so our only hope of getting out of this rut is if he changes the tactics

and goes for it. 

We’re an easy point for teams this season. 

No no mate that's all wrong, we're great and you're a hysterical fanny. Everything is fine.

this-is-fine.0.jpg

• Upvote 1

That was poor, it did not seem we would score at any point.

I have no clue what’s going on, Is it systemic or just  key players out of form. Bobby was abysmal, Trent nowhere to be seen, Salah looked not committed, and Mané was slow for his standard.

Thiago would  fit better in number 8, he would influence more the game.

We need to rotate more, Trent, Bobby, even Salah need dropping for a game.

The season is not over yet, if we are back on track. It’s a big if though ...

1 minute ago, Arnaud said:

I have no clue what’s going on, Is it systemic or just  key players out of form. Bobby was abysmal, Trent nowhere to be seen, Salah looked not committed, and Mané was slow for his standard.

You can't rotate a single one of those players since our cunt owners have had Klopp run a 13 man squad and now it's coming back to bite him in the arse. 

2 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Mo's first season everything was flying in the net. Teams have got used to his style and can nullifiy him quiet easily, He needs to find a new trick or two because repeating the same old, same old isnt working any more.

I think Dave mentioned it in a report a little while ago the body language between Mo and Sadio is off. It was bearable while they were scoring but now they arent, something has to give. Love Bobby but his efforts on goal were woeful today.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Mo's first season everything was flying in the net. Teams have got used to his style and can nullifiy him quiet easily, He needs to find a new trick or two because repeating the same old, same old isnt working any more.

I think Dave mentioned it in a report a little while ago the body language between Mo and Sadio is off. It was bearable while they were scoring but now they arent, something has to give. Love Bobby but his efforts on goal were woeful today.

Totally agree mate, Mo and Sadio have not been playing together for a while, and Bobby is lost, totally lost.

1 hour ago, Code said:

This really is a moronic argument, players can get injured everywhere. If he had not played that game he could have got injured in training or at home while ironing his shirt. 

Please never do it again, as a coach, manager and footballer you dont think like that. 

Midytlland had 12 yellow cards & 1 red card in 6 games. They were an utterly thuggish outfit & it was completely reckless to play any of the vital senior pros like Jota in that fixture after what Midytlland showed in the first leg & the injury situation. He came out of it with a bruised knee from their most booked player, not some sort of self-inflicted muscle injury.

There are degrees of relativity in risk between ironing a shirt and playing an amateur outfit leaving every boot in.

We dropped three spots in less than two weeks. This decline has got to be arrested. If Everton win their game in hand...which we should all pray they won't..., we will have gone out of the top four. I know it's early days. But a must now we win our next couple of games and bounce back real quick. I didn't watch today's game and I'm glad I didn't.

Sad to say but this is why managers like Paisley and Ferguson ripped up winning teams, they get stale and certain players lose their desire. 

That was fucking tepid that, if you've just won the league for the first time in 30 years and you find you greatest club rivals in world football above you, and they're shit, and you don't lay siege for 90+ minutes, then you're fucked.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Our tactics are fucking maddening. Klopp seems to have reverted to his early day where if somethings broke then don’t fix it. 

We can’t keep using the excuse that we lost vvd as we shipped 7 with him in the team and Jota has only been here for 5 minutes. 

Our front 3 haven’t clicked for a long time and it’s coming home to roost. Salah plays for himself and Bobby’s a massive liability. Teams know salah’s not gonna go outside the right back and just show him inside to blast the ball against the 2nd defenders legs repeatedly while knowing if it does fall to Bobby they’ll get it back easily and counter us. 

These 2 know they’re undroppable no matter how bad it gets while the replacements have gave up any hope of getting a run in the team or even coming on as a sub so may as well go through the motions as their confidence must be shattered.

We’re not gonna sign any big money players this month so our only hope of getting out of this rut is if he changes the tactics

and goes for it. 

We’re an easy point for teams this season. 

Salah is the top scorer in the league. We were top of the league 2 fixtures ago. You could fill an ocean with all that dribble. Give up on the football, it doesn’t seem to be healthy for you.

Seems to be a long time since Klopps subs have had a positive impact in our matches - also when players do come on there not been given enough time to impact the game. 
last season it seemed inevitable we’d score late and win if we needed now it’s feels the opposite.

when Salah poked his shot wide in the second half it felt like we’d never score. 

7 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Salah is the top scorer in the league. We were top of the league 2 fixtures ago. You could fill an ocean with all that dribble. Give up on the football, it doesn’t seem to be healthy for you.

Sorry Linda. How’s the yacht 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Sad to say but this is why managers like Paisley and Ferguson ripped up winning teams, they get stale and certain players lose their desire. 

That was fucking tepid that, if you've just won the league for the first time in 30 years and you find you greatest club rivals in world football above you, and they're shit, and you don't lay siege for 90+ minutes, then you're fucked.

I think there's a storm of circumstance that has affected us this season. A cumulation of the past 3 seasons, the supreme effort last season alone, short break between last season and this etc.

Yeah, other clubs had the same break but they didnt have that siege the players had last season or the one before where they missed out on the title by a point.

But I agree, Jurgen has to bite the bullet at the end of this season and the knife has to come out. He needs to move Keita on. Gini's going, no doubt in my mind, Origi and Shaq will leave. But the big decision will be moving on just one or two out of the front three.

Said it before, my one fear is Jurgen's immense loyalty to his players. Id have loved us to retain the title this season. I never considered it a given because retaining titles is very, very difficult and there's no doubt some things have conspired against us. But it is beginning to look to me that this team is on it's last legs.

15 minutes ago, therevivalist said:

We dropped three spots in less than two weeks. This decline has got to be arrested. If Everton win their game in hand...which we should all pray they won't..., we will have gone out of the top four. I know it's early days. But a must now we win our next couple of games and bounce back real quick. I didn't watch today's game and I'm glad I didn't.

Thanks for your input, you didn’t even watch the fucking game, and you’re glad you didn’t. Says it all. Fuck off, go and support City. 

• Like 1