You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Blah blah blah, we've been fucking terrible and done nothing in January to correct the moronic decision 0f having three centre backs. 

Yet you still have stupid cunts crying about penalties all season, until they realised we've had one less then them so now it's free kicks. 

Having two midfielders in defence lost the game and the league, nothing more, nothing less. 

We didnt lose you drunken cunt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, skaro said:

The body language of our front 3 is awful.

It's almost as if, even when they get a rare assist from each other, they're almost not keen to do anything with the opportunity.

United are just OK, but they're on top and in it I guess.

City would have to fall over to not win the League I think.

We might even have a top 4 battle on our hands... which, frankly, I don't reckon I can be arsed with.  

We're not even troubling VAR at the moment.

Doesn't feel like we won the League a minute ago.

Sigh.

Oh, and compared with McManaman, Michael Owen is more than OK.

The front players are receiving the ball too late.  Our midfield needs to take the initiative rather than pass the ball sideways while the opposition settles and organises.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

The front players are receiving the ball too late.  Our midfield needs to take the initiative rather than pass the ball sideways while the opposition settles and organises.

It only comes from Thiago, sadly, and he's often the deepest midfielder. 

Could drop Firmino and play a 4-4-2 diamond with Jones as the 10, Thiago the deepest midfielder, two others to do the running around bit (Wijnaldum and Milner, I guess) and Salah and Mane up front. 

Feels like it's worth trying something new. We're becoming very predictable, and quite easy to play against. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

There's only 3 teams in Europe who could afford Mo or Sadio if we stuck to our guns on price. They'd be PSG, city and Real.

I cant see us selling to city even if they wanted either of them unless someone like Foden, dont laugh, was coming the other way. PSG would just dip into the oil well to finance the deal. Real would need another Spanish Government bail out. Dont laugh again.

I dont see how even Virgil playing today makes us win the game. Defence and chances created wasnt an issue, finishing or putting those chances away is the issue.

Im tired of seeing this 'we need a new centre back to make the forwards score.'

They probably had clearer chances to score than us....certainly Alisson had to make bigger saves than De Gea

We are not creating big chances and it is down to our team structure being so badly disrupted by the holes at centre half and how we are filling them and what we are filling them with.

Yes we'll score goals again, and yes we'll have games where we do enough, but our whole style and importantly who is doing what is all fucked up - and it roads point to the massive holes in the centre half spots.

5 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Two of our best midfielders are in defence and we've over hyped Thiago beyond believe.  But there's no choice cause we've yank scum that own the club that won't spend to fix this. 

Still easy to stick our fingers in our ears blaming refs, the fa. The forwards and all sorts of shite. 

1 hour ago, lebron said:

Haaland would be the absolute worst option of the hyped up attackers out there.  Salah and Mane's goals would plummet. Haaland can't trap a bag of cement, and has been playing in sides tailoring his needs. He would definitely score more than Firmino, but our overall play would be far worse. The white Lukaku.

Thats nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

They were very good; the problem is that neither of them were in midfield, which completely lacks bite and momentum as a result. I bet if Matip hadn’t gotten injured against West Brom and Henderson could play in midfield that we’d be 6-9 points better off. Refusing to buy a top quality centre back this month is, at best, an appalling misjudgment. I don’t care whose decision that is, it’s a shit one.

They were both good today, but they won't fix the midfield issue that we are now faced with - deep sitting well organised defences.  Fab will play DM, and we need two dynamic midfielders who are comfortable committing defenders and have imagination with the ball.  Thiago is one of them.  Can the other be Jones?  Henderson can fill in in any number of roles, CB, DM, RB etc - but he shouldn't be taking up a non-DM berth in midfield unless we're short of players.  Thiago is really good - he needs more games to make his link up play with the forwards more instinctive, but I really enjoyed his all-round play today.  

We’ve lost our aura. This is largely to do with a number of factors, the loss of Van Dijk and Gomez is enormous, Trent’s having knock on effects in midfield, Trent’s form, the empty stadiums, the front 3s regression.

I think we can definitely fix this for next season, with VVD and Gomez back, Jota and a new signing for the front 3 and fans back in the stadiums.

19 minutes ago, lebron said:

No comparison to be had between the two though. Perhaps final minutes Trent (and Robbo) will take some extra time to get their breath back. Shaw did it from minute one today, much like that cunt Azpilicueta back in 2014. It's a definite tactic that has been employed by all the LMA managers against us for the last 7 years. Now I don't expect everyone to play into our hands, but the result of this is lower-tempo games that are less enjoyable for the neutrals as well.

Even from minute one Shaw needs to catch his breath, the rotund cunt.

Having Fabinho back in defence is also having a bad effect in midfield. When he's there we win the ball back quicker and higher up the pitch. Gini and Hendo when he's there don't win the ball back as much. Thiago was good at that for Bayern so hopefully once he's up to speed that should improve, which would give the forwards that extra second or two and less time for the opposition defence to get set.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Two of our best midfielders are in defence and we've over hyped Thiago beyond believe.  But there's no choice cause we've yank scum that own the club that won't spend to fix this. 

Still easy to stick our fingers in our ears blaming refs, the fa. The forwards and all sorts of shite. 

I don't blame refs or the fa.  I'm surprised you can't see how good Thiago can be.  

1 minute ago, LFC 6 Times said:

We’ve lost our aura. This is largely to do with a number of factors, the loss of Van Dijk and Gomez is enormous, Trent’s having knock on effects in midfield, Trent’s form, the empty stadiums, the front 3s regression.

I think we can definitely fix this for next season, with VVD and Gomez back, Jota and a new signing for the front 3 and fans back in the stadiums.

Agree with a lot of this but we need a new partner for Virgil. Gomez and Matip can rotate for sub when not injured. 

Our tactics are fucking maddening. Klopp seems to have reverted to his early day where if somethings broke then don’t fix it. 

We can’t keep using the excuse that we lost vvd as we shipped 7 with him in the team and Jota has only been here for 5 minutes. 

Our front 3 haven’t clicked for a long time and it’s coming home to roost. Salah plays for himself and Bobby’s a massive liability. Teams know salah’s not gonna go outside the right back and just show him inside to blast the ball against the 2nd defenders legs repeatedly while knowing if it does fall to Bobby they’ll get it back easily and counter us. 

These 2 know they’re undroppable no matter how bad it gets while the replacements have gave up any hope of getting a run in the team or even coming on as a sub so may as well go through the motions as their confidence must be shattered.

We’re not gonna sign any big money players this month so our only hope of getting out of this rut is if he changes the tactics

and goes for it. 

We’re an easy point for teams this season. 

• Upvote 1

That wasn’t a great game of football. That was no different to our previous 3 games. We have no answer against teams sitting deep. Thiago could be the answer but he’s sat too deep. Our two best chances fell to Firmino, who again did his best work outside of the box. I’d like to see us alter our setup. The Firmino as a CF experiment is done now, play him in his best position and play Salah in front of him. 4-2-3-1, with Shaq on the right and Mane on the left.