You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Can't help but think we are most likely to sell Mo and that covers a new centre half and an attacking player. 

They will be looking to do another Coutinho - Ali/Virgil. Unlikely to be as successful as that, but I can't help but think it might be a route they go down.

I don't know what the finances are around Europe in terms of who is most likely to go, if we do sell. It should be Bobby who goes, as he is the weakest. 

Can any team in Europe afford Mo? I don't know what finances are like. Perhaps to PSG if M'Bappe leaves but would Mo really want to go there? 

Tierney reffed this game to perfection - the average punter might have been aware of the penalties issue, so that cunt Tierney  did the death by a thousand cuts way.  Every single 50/50 given to the cunts.  That way PLGOL (or whatever they're called) come smelling up like roses.  Fucking disgraceful display.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, John102 said:

I don't know what the finances are around Europe in terms of who is most likely to go, if we do sell. It should be Bobby who goes, as he is the weakest. 

Can any team in Europe afford Mo? I don't know what finances are like. Perhaps to PSG if M'Bappe leaves but would Mo really want to go there? 

Finances with most of the top teams around Europe is all over the place. I'd say he would want Real or Barca, but as you say, I can't see where they would get the money for Mo. PSG could easily afford him. Barca might try and offer Griezmann and a few quid for him.

I know Mbappe is mentioned as a possibility but that moves us into galactico territory and I think that would scare the shit out of FSG because suddenly all the lads would be looking for a wage increase.

Just now, KevieG said:

Haaland is the one to get. He would do absolute wreck here. 

And his link up play couldn't be any worse than the current version of Bobby. 

Haaland looked awful for Dortmund yesterday. Obviously a really good player in the making but think he would give us a lot of "what the fuck days" if we signed him.

I wish Klopp would adress the diminishing of the product that the Premier League is currently becoming. Focus on the lack of actual playing time in the games. 

Every team now does the same trick from the 1st minute. AAAAAGGGGEESS with every dead ball and throw in. Maybe Mike Riley and his goons won't like to change, but someone in charge of the product may take notice. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'm guessing we're down to between 35 and 45 mins in play these days when we meet WBA (and todays WBA on steroids), Spurs and every LMA acolyte's team. Tierney gave one instruction to Shaw today, he whistled when he had stolen about 15 yds. Shaw then spent another 20 seconds (and proceeded 5 yds forward anyway). It's an absolute joke, and needs dealing with.

11 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

His link up play has improved a lot. 

It really hasn't. Whenever someone plays deep (which they don't in either Austria or Germany it seems), he's close to invisible in games. Give him a lot of cutbacks and balls in behind, he's deadly I'll gladly admit. Put him in todays game and he would be well worse than our other three (quite an achievement, granted).

He'd be very good for the Mancs the way they play though, even if I think the crowds would influence the way they play as well once they return.

On 09/01/2021 at 14:35, lebron said:

If Matip is still out, I'd like to see;

-----------Allison------------

Trent-Hendo-Fab-Robbo

---Shaq----Gini-----Thiago---

Salah-----Bobby------Mane

If Matip's back, Hendo takes the 3rd spot in midfield.

Good call on the line-up. Shaq didn’t let you down, either. Good shift from him. 

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Finances with most of the top teams around Europe is all over the place. I'd say he would want Real or Barca, but as you say, I can't see where they would get the money for Mo. PSG could easily afford him. Barca might try and offer Griezmann and a few quid for him.

I know Mbappe is mentioned as a possibility but that moves us into galactico territory and I think that would scare the shit out of FSG because suddenly all the lads would be looking for a wage increase.

Haaland looked awful for Dortmund yesterday. Obviously a really good player in the making but think he would give us a lot of "what the fuck days" if we signed him.

Haaland will look great against any team that gives him space, as he's incredibly fast (his biggest asset by far). Once teams suss that out (some already have - watch his international games against decent opposition) he'll be half the player.

37 minutes ago, Frank Dacey said:

I just looked at the match stats and we had 66% of possession but of the 21 fouls in the game, 15 were given against us. I'm struggling to see how that is possible.

As much as ref was shite and they are shite generally, that stat isn't as outrageous as it may look.

Most of time they had ball it was when they were breaking/countering - so you do see more of a challenge from us to stop break/win ball in a chase.

Most of time we had it we were passing it around in front of them with them dropped back and in their defensive shape.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lebron said:

I wish Klopp would adress the diminishing of the product that the Premier League is currently becoming. Focus on the lack of actual playing time in the games. 

Every team now does the same trick from the 1st minute. AAAAAGGGGEESS with every dead ball and throw in. Maybe Mike Riley and his goons won't like to change, but someone in charge of the product may take notice. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'm guessing we're down to between 35 and 45 mins in play these days when we meet WBA (and todays WBA on steroids), Spurs and every LMA acolyte's team. Tierney gave one instruction to Shaw today, he whistled when he had stolen about 15 yds. Shaw then spent another 20 seconds (and proceeded 5 yds forward anyway). It's an absolute joke, and needs dealing with.

It’s my pet hate players time wasting at throw ins - but fuck me trent was as bad as shaw today for nearly every throw in he took. 

4 minutes ago, lebron said:

It really hasn't. Whenever someone plays deep (which they don't in either Austria or Germany it seems), he's close to invisible in games. Give him a lot of cutbacks and balls in behind, he's deadly I'll gladly admit. Put him in todays game and he would be well worse than our other three (quite an achievement, granted).

He'd be very good for the Mancs the way they play though, even if I think the crowds would influence the way they play as well once they return.

Watch them a lot and it has improved for me. Maybe just me.

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Good call on the line-up. Shaq didn’t let you down, either. Good shift from him. 

Yep. I think Hendo was very good too, good decision to put him on Robbo's side too, as that side is easier to defend (because of Robbo/Gini/Mane) than the right one. 

With Williams and Philips in that game today, we lose. I don't like moving Hendo to CB either, but if Shaq/Ox/Jones or even Keita/Minamino can cover that 3rd midfield spot I think we might be OKish as long as Thiago, Fab and Gini stay fit (fingers crossed)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, lebron said:

The club are on an island of one anytime we try to point out a flaw in the system.

5 minutes ago, Mark M said:

It’s my pet hate players time wasting at throw ins - but fuck me trent was as bad as shaw today for nearly every throw in he took. 

Trent regularly takes 10 seconds or more figuring out who to throw the ball to. I don't think he ever does it for time wasting reasons. He just can't ever seem to make up his mind quickly enough when taking throw-ins.

Doesnt make it any less annoying though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Playing Jota against midget land has really goosed us. He was papering over the cracks.

This really is a moronic argument, players can get injured everywhere. If he had not played that game he could have got injured in training or at home while ironing his shirt. 

Please never do it again, as a coach, manager and footballer you dont think like that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Trent regularly takes 10 seconds or more figuring out who to throw the ball to. I don't think he ever does it for time wasting reasons. He just can't ever seem to make up his mind quickly enough when taking throw-ins.

Doesnt make it any less annoying though.

No comparison to be had between the two though. Perhaps final minutes Trent (and Robbo) will take some extra time to get their breath back. Shaw did it from minute one today, much like that cunt Azpilicueta back in 2014. It's a definite tactic that has been employed by all the LMA managers against us for the last 7 years. Now I don't expect everyone to play into our hands, but the result of this is lower-tempo games that are less enjoyable for the neutrals as well.

36 minutes ago, John102 said:

There's only 3 teams in Europe who could afford Mo or Sadio if we stuck to our guns on price. They'd be PSG, city and Real.

I cant see us selling to city even if they wanted either of them unless someone like Foden, dont laugh, was coming the other way. PSG would just dip into the oil well to finance the deal. Real would need another Spanish Government bail out. Dont laugh again.

I dont see how even Virgil playing today makes us win the game. Defence and chances created wasnt an issue, finishing or putting those chances away is the issue.

Im tired of seeing this 'we need a new centre back to make the forwards score.'

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Tierney reffed this game to perfection - the average punter might have been aware of the penalties issue, so that cunt Tierney  did the death by a thousand cuts way.  Every single 50/50 given to the cunts.  That way PLGOL (or whatever they're called) come smelling up like roses.  Fucking disgraceful display.

Blah blah blah, we've been fucking terrible and done nothing in January to correct the moronic decision 0f having three centre backs. 

Yet you still have stupid cunts crying about penalties all season, until they realised we've had one less then them so now it's free kicks. 

Having two midfielders in defence lost the game and the league, nothing more, nothing less. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

There's only 3 teams in Europe who could afford Mo or Sadio if we stuck to our guns on price. They'd be PSG, city and Real.

I cant see us selling to city even if they wanted either of them unless someone like Foden, dont laugh, was coming the other way. PSG would just dip into the oil well to finance the deal. Real would need another Spanish Government bail out. Dont laugh again.

I dont see how even Virgil playing today makes us win the game. Defence and chances created wasnt an issue, finishing or putting those chances away is the issue.

Im tired of seeing this 'we need a new centre back to make the forwards score.'

Well, you are going to see it a lot more, I'm afraid. An tha explained it rather well a couple of pages back.

Not as tired as I am of seeing people complaining about us not creating big enough chances, or scoring enough goals, completely ignoring that our whole strategy and team shape has been altered because of their absence (leading to us taking less risks, and generally being in areas 10 yds further back).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Still won't create anything for him. 

He makes things happen.  Right now, we've got Firmino offering nothing , and wasting good chances.  We need to get Jones and Thiago taking people on, making runs from midfield, committing defenders and making space for the front players.