You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

I think the team has peaked, as all teams do at some point, worsened by having to play our best midfielders in defence. 

They were a fraction away from doing the league and European Cup double two seasons on the spin. Still won one of each. Hopefully the next set of players are as successful as these. 

I know that sounds ridiculous to read after last season (I thought so when I read it) but it's genuinely how I see it. 

Just now, John102 said:

I think the team has peaked, as all teams do at some point, worsened by having to play our best midfielders in defence. 

They were a fraction away from doing the league and European Cup double two seasons on the spin. Still won one of each. Hopefully the next set of players are as successful as these. 

VVD and Gomez/Matip back and Fab and Thiago in midfield, Jota in the forward line, could be a renewed energy. Just some shit circumstances.

• Upvote 1

Just now, John102 said:

Premature

Other than binning Firmino for Bobby Buchet I don't know how to fix this either. 

Start playing with an advanced playmaker and a real striker?

Play with 2 up front??

More shots from distance?

More attempting to get to the by-line and cut it back (a pretty dangerous attack that we never seem to do)?

More and faster one touch play in the final third?

Some combination of the above?

I don't know. I wish I knew more about football. Klopp does though and he needs to sort our final third play out as it has dipped way, way below the required levels. 

Just now, Jordy Brouwer said:

Other than binning Firmino for Bobby Buchet I don't know how to fix this either. 

Start playing with an advanced playmaker and a real striker?

Play with 2 up front??

More shots from distance?

More attempting to get to the by-line and cut it back (a pretty dangerous attack that we never seem to do)?

More and faster one touch play in the final third?

Some combination of the above?

I don't know. I wish I knew more about football. Klopp does though and he needs to sort our final third play out as it has dipped way, way below the required levels. 

We just need our centre backs back

Release our fullbacks further up the pitch

Chuck in Diogo for good measure

Jobs a goon 'un

• Upvote 1

We have been shite but we are being massively hamstrung by not having any centre backs which is forcing two of our best midfielders into defence. Jota also being out is making things worse. Put a fit VVD and Gomez into this team, push Hendo and Fabinho into midfield and we look a totally different side. We have fucked up by having no options at the back.

• Like 1

No idea where we go from here. 

We don't have a goal or even much threat in us....just everything in front of opposition - slow, easy to defend against and pretty easy to counter. 

They actually managed more efforts on target than we did with only a third of the ball - that fact alone is fucking terrible.

Players out of position, out of form, out of confidence and if we don't arrest this soon - out of the title race.