You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

Having a manc missus makes this the day I hate most. Im not one to rub football results in I'll have a smirk tops but she's been singing "top of the league" and "we're going to win the league" the last few weeks. She never used too but since we won the champions league again and then the league she has been beaming with how the wheels have fallen off for us the last couple of months alongside them seemingly putting everyone to bed. God I hope we beat these fuckers if they take a 6 point lead over us they'll ride that wave to the title 

Six and a bit hours til kick off and I'm already getting twitchy. Fucking hate these cunts.

The worst thing for me about all these dickheads like Clattenburg coming out of the woodwork is that if we were playing even half as well as we could, we'd have battered West Brom and Newcastle and been clear at the top of the league, and none of them would have said a thing. Now we're playing like a midtable side there's a lot more mileage in putting the boot in.

If we twat these out of sight today the media will have to change the story again. Right now it's all about how Ole is the second coming of Ferguson and Klopp is losing the plot. We need a convincing victory today with an excellent performance to really ram those words back down their throats.

19 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Having a manc missus makes this the day I hate most. Im not one to rub football results in I'll have a smirk tops but she's been singing "top of the league" and "we're going to win the league" the last few weeks. She never used too but since we won the champions league again and then the league she has been beaming with how the wheels have fallen off for us the last couple of months alongside them seemingly putting everyone to bed. God I hope we beat these fuckers if they take a 6 point lead over us they'll ride that wave to the title 

Bobby, I sympathize totally with you. I also am in the same situation as you. We are both 25 years plus season ticket holders. Once I sat with her at the hole (we lost) and once she came with me ,we drew 2.2 ,I believe ince scored our equaliser. They are the only two times that I've watched with her. Due to this shit virus, we find ourselves together again. Not looking forward to it.

By the way, the main stand treated my wife well as the regular season ticket holders knew the situation, alas I wasn't given that similar banter when I went with her,horrible bastards actually,.

• Upvote 1

Always get a sense of anticipation when playing these games. I really hope the ref, Tierney is it and VAR, doesnt screw us over. I'll piss my pants if they screw united over though.

We're more than capable of beating them but on our current form, they are capable of stealing the 3 points. Our front three need to stop this stuff about trying to score a walk in goal, get focused and for heavens sake, be accurate with their shots and passes.

C'mon reds.

Something to get us in the mood. Great win against these in 78. Sourness debut goal, the thrust of Heighway and Dalglish - Clemence in fine form.

My older brother was probably stood on the Kop that day, but I’d moved to NZ in ‘74.

• Upvote 3

Lets hope we can create some good chances - all the talk about front 3 needing their shooting boots on is all well and good, but they aren't scoring at mo because they are being starved of decent service and not getting many chances, and the ones they are are half chances/difficult ones/ones they are trying to force.

We could barely create against Villas u9's for an hour.

We managed 1 shot on target v Soton

4 v Newcastle

2 v WBA

That is down to poor quality chances/front 3 getting ball in less dangerous positions/in less space.

Hopefully Thiago cam help and the full backs who are really suffering can get back at it.

I don't follow that expexted goals thing but i bet it is through floor last 3 league games.

• Upvote 1

Top of the League for the first time since Fergie left and they are chatting a lot of shit. We need to come out and smash thr cunts putting them back in their place. 1 week at the top in Jan and they are going on about being back on their perch.

Arrogent cunts think they are world beaters when pens have put them where they are.