You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Aventus said:

We should go for the Billy Big bollocks move by playing Phillips and Williams at the back. 

Fab Hendo and Thiago in midfield

With all the cunting in the bastard we'll be doing our centre backs won't need to do much anyway. 

That would be the best 14-11 win in our history. 

• Upvote 1

Our front 3 have 9 goals in their last 5 games. 11 in the last 6 games. At least one of them have scored in every one of our home league games this season. At least one of them has scored in every home game since November 2019 bar the Burnley game.

They aren't at the peak of their powers but the numbers are still good and the knicker wetting has to stop.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, clockspeed said:

I suspect we will take this lot out by the root . 4-0 never have I been so confident. If we draw or lose this league is over , not because of one result, more that champions show up and wipe out pretenders.  

I'll be back to neg this when we inevitably lose due to a dodgy peno

Liverpool will assess the fitness of Joel Matip before determining whether he can be involved in Sunday's clash with Manchester United at Anfield.

The centre-back has not figured since sustaining an adductor injury against West Bromwich Albion on December 27.

However, Matip is set to resume full training and could come into contention for the top-of-the-table Premier League encounter.

Jürgen Klopp told his pre-match press conference on Friday: "Joel is close. Does it now make sense to throw him into a game with one or two sessions, which he didn't do yet, but today and tomorrow he might be involved?

"To bring him [in], I don't know. We have to see, we have to decide, we have to look at him and how he will train, how he looks in training and these kind of things, but we have still different solutions.

"Hendo is very important in midfield for us as well, so we just have to see. It's not decided yet, why should I?"

Meanwhile, Liverpool will definitely be without the services of Naby Keita for the visit of United.

Klopp confirmed: "Naby is not ready for involvement. It's not a big thing; it's a little bit like with other players in the past when they came back from injuries and then because of the amount of games and situation in the squad they had to play.

"Then a little injury happened again. Now we just had to put on the brake and say, 'Let's settle it properly.' In the moment we have alternatives in midfield, so we really try to give him all the time he needs to get 100 per cent fit. That's the situation, so no, he is not in contention for Sunday."

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Our front 3 have 9 goals in their last 5 games. 11 in the last 6 games. At least one of them have scored in every one of our home league games this season. At least one of them has scored in every home game since November 2019 bar the Burnley game.

They aren't at the peak of their powers but the numbers are still good and the knicker wetting has to stop.

True.

And for all the talk about our attack, we still have the highest number of goals in the league this season. 37 in 17, and we're the only team with an average of more than 2 goals per game.

True, we could do with our forwards being a bit more clinical but we have to simply accept they're never going to score with every attempt. We need some goals from midfield and a couple from defenders to further supplement during the lean spells. Van Dijk is usually good for 5 or 6 goals, so I think we are missing that too.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Supremolad said:

True.

And for all the talk about our attack, we still have the highest number of goals in the league this season. 37 in 17, and we're the only team with an average of more than 2 goals per game.

True, we could do with our forwards being a bit more clinical but we have to simply accept they're never going to score with every attempt. We need some goals from midfield and a couple from defenders to further supplement during the lean spells. Van Dijk is usually good for 5 or 6 goals, so I think we are missing that too.

To win the league we need to maintain our home form which is achievable and improve our away form. The away form is so bad it should be easy enough to improve upon it. We only have to turn 2 draws into a win and a defeat and our points per game ratio will be enough to win it at the current rate.

We will win on Sunday, I'm certain of that. Weighing up the team I think a midfield 3 of Gini, Thiago and Jones in front of Hendo and Fab is better than a midfield 3 of Hendo, Gini and Thiago in front of Fab and Williams/Phillips. 

43 minutes ago, No2 said:

Weighing up the team I think a midfield 3 of Gini, Thiago and Jones in front of Hendo and Fab is better than a midfield 3 of Hendo, Gini and Thiago in front of Fab and Williams/Phillips. 

What about... 

4 hours ago, Aventus said:

We should go for the Billy Big bollocks move by playing Phillips and Williams at the back. 

Fab Hendo and Thiago in midfield

With all the cunting in the bastard we'll be doing our centre backs won't need to do much anyway. 

5 hours ago, No2 said:

Depends how you want to spin it - they've also got one goal between them in their last three league games. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Depends how you want to spin it - they've also got one goal between them in their last three league games. 

You could spin it that we've had 1 bad week in  2.5 years if you want but that doesn't suit the bed wetters.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

You could spin it that we've had 1 bad week in  2.5 years if you want but that doesn't suit the bed wetters.

The truth is somewhere in between. It's not knicker-wetting to say that we've been poor for four games in a row now, and we don't particularly look like scoring. On the other hand, we've got loads of good players, who could click into form again at any stage. 

• Upvote 1