You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

27 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

I don't know what his issue is but that sounds a bit harsh. You wonder whether his problems are more mental than physical. There's no doubt he's been an absolute flop though and by far our worst signing under Klopp. 

Maybe a bit harsh but at least when Shaqiri, Matip and Sturridge play/played you could tell they have something about them and make an immediate impact. He genuinely looks not arsed and doesn't seem to have integrated well into the club, despite having Mane, a french speaking West African to help him settle. 

When he plays he just coasts through games and needs about 4 or 5 to get his rhythm going. Problem is by that time he's normally injured again. 

Absolutely insane that we're just motoring on without 1 fit recognised CB acting like there's nothing we could do. We're extremely fortunate that Fabinho just so happens to be top class there but partnering him with Henderson, Philips or Williams for the rest of the season is negligence and will ensure we don't win anything this season.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Absolutely insane that we're just motoring on without 1 fit recognised CB acting like there's nothing we could do. We're extremely fortunate that Fabinho just so happens to be top class there but partnering him with Henderson, Philips or Williams for the rest of the season is negligence and will ensure we don't win anything this season.

Not forgetting that Fab is not immune to the odd injury. I’m fucking shitting it every time he goes in for a challenge.

9 minutes ago, skaro said:

In the hope that United will be shite later in the season, as promised. After Everton will have thrown their game against City.

In the hope we have a fit central defender and have found our form again. 

6 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Don't want to see Jones start this. Outstanding talent, but he's stumbling and needs taking our for his own good. 

If Henderson has to play centre half (fucks sake state of us) Unless we go with Milner then Jones is gonna start i reckon.

Not sure if now Milner is the answer to our problems in midfield.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

If Henderson has to play centre half (fucks sake state of us) Unless we go with Milner then Jones is gonna start i reckon.

Not sure if now Milner is the answer to our problems in midfield.

Jones seems to be playing more and more within himself and turning into a "safe" midfielder who passes the ball side to side and does the hard yards. I get that Jones's positional sense and understanding of the role had to evolve in order to make it in a Klopp team, but he seems to have a lost a bit of that creative, unpredictable, spark that makes him unique. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Jones seems to be playing more and more within himself and turning into a "safe" midfielder who passes the ball side to side and does the hard yards. I get that Jones's positional sense and understanding of the role had to evolve in order to make it in a Klopp team, but he seems to have a lost a bit of that creative, unpredictable, spark that makes him unique. 

This. He has obviously reigned it in for the team under instruction. Not his game but needs must. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Dave said:

Agreed.

Be interesting to see him when we get him in side with the shackles off.

I'd play Hendo Wijnaldum and Fabinho together in a back 3. At least we'll have them together again.

Thiago and Milner in a 2 man midfield with the front 3 as normal.

That way, we'd geggen press the fuck out of them.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, m0e said:

I'd play Hendo Wijnaldum and Fabinho together in a back 3. At least we'll have them together again.

Thiago and Milner in a 2 man midfield with the front 3 as normal.

That way, we'd geggen press the fuck out of them.

8 men - i like it.

Really show then who is boss.

• Upvote 1

Clattenburg in media i see ensuring refs have it in their minds to give us fuck all Sunday...

As well as admitting he and other refs cheated when Demento was at the toilet.

Prick.

Dead obvious it will influence how game is reffed Sunday now.

'Look refs Klopp thinks you are cheats'....

This is what we are up against when these are in mix - the fucking whole system is in their corner.

Incredibly he manages to praise Utd players and say they are 'clever' whist knocking Mane for doing same (but not getting a pen)

Just unreal.

This is amazing...from Clattenburg

"I have watched United closely this season and analysed each of their 11 penalty awards. 

There are as many as five where I believe contact was invited or even initiated by the United player.
Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Paul Pogba and Mason Greenwood are the players involved. 
They are, in many ways, being clever. 
Once there is contact and the penalty is awarded, VAR will rarely overturn the decision."

"Notice, too, that more players are going down in what referees call the 'dead zone' in the penalty area, a position from which they have little chance of scoring. Rashford did it against Newcastle when he was heading out of the area and took the chance to go to ground under a loose leg from Jamal Lewis."

"But this is where Klopp should be careful, because that is exactly what Sadio Mane did when going down too easily under Kyle Walker-Peters' challenge during last Monday's 1-0 defeat at Southampton. 

The ball was running out of play and, in a different position with the chance to score, I believe Mane would have ridden the challenge.

So there were a couple of things to take from Klopp's comments after that game. First, he sounds like a hypocrite if he is suggesting United's players are looking to win penalties. The likes of Mo Salah and Mane are just as capable of employing similar tactics"