You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

2-0. Salah and Mane.

Bruno, saved penalty.

No fuss, put a run together, league won.

That’s more like it! 

Let’s knock this negativity on the head. Time for the mentality monsters to rear their heads again and put these cunts back in their place. 

• Upvote 1

If Matip is back, we win. If he isn't, I am very concerned. Not saying we can't or won't win, but their strength is in attack and with lads like Philips or Williams, we are potentially up against it big time because Cavani, Fernandes and Rashford are top class. Sad state of affairs when you are completely reliant on one player and Joel isn't exactly made of steel. 

The thing is I have concerns all over the pitch. Trent has been shocking and the front three mediocre by their standards. 1 goal in games against West Brom, Newcastle and a Southampton team missing half a team is an awful return. Not too many of the team are really on it at the moment, but Thiago could bring a bit of control back.

Shaq needs to start and deserves to. He is always a threat and can play that killer pass.

We come through the next 2 months with a good points total and I think we win the league because it's packed full of tough games. The team is good enough to turn it around, but they need a rocket up their arse and beating the Mancs is a good way to start.

I have complete faith in Jurgen and the lads going forward, but Sunday is most likely going to feel like I'm going into labour with triplets. 

We have suffered with poor form, awful decisions and terrible injuries some of which were deliberate. The perfect storm of incompetence, bad luck and outright cheating. Not gaining more points in the last few games is down to poor form although a few decisions again went against us. 
We won’t be signing anyone, we need to re-group and fucking pull our fingers out now. Fuck them all and no surrender to these bastards. 

• Upvote 1

Trouble is, they don't need to attack at all - a draw would do them. And that's exactly how Solskjaer will set them up - just like when they played City. If they nick something on the break, great, if not, they're still 3 points ahead.

We've struggled against packed defences recently. As long as we try something different to the 'sideways pass for 5 minutes then sling aimless cross in' tactic we've been employing, we should be ok.

• Upvote 2

I don’t know what’s going to happen in this one. Under the right circumstances, a win would set us up nicely to still be in with a shot at challenging for the title. Even a 6 point gap with Man Utd could be overcome if we were to find ourselves with a fully fit squad (although a City title would be the most likely outcome in that scenario).

It's just that with our dreadful defensive injury list, I can’t see us winning the league without signing a top quality defender - given how close we are to dropping out of not only the title race but the top four, it’s the single most irresponsible thing the club could do under these sort of circumstances, and unfortunately Klopp has to take his share of the responsibility because if anyone has the power to force the owners' hands, it’s him.

19 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I don’t know what’s going to happen in this one. Under the right circumstances, a win would set us up nicely to still be in with a shot at challenging for the title. Even a 6 point gap with Man Utd could be overcome if we were to find ourselves with a fully fit squad (although a City title would be the most likely outcome in that scenario).

It's just that with our dreadful defensive injury list, I can’t see us winning the league without signing a top quality defender - given how close we are to dropping out of not only the title race but the top four, it’s the single most irresponsible thing the club could do under these sort of circumstances, and unfortunately Klopp has to take his share of the responsibility because if anyone has the power to force the owners' hands, it’s him.

So if we had a fully fit squad City would win the title? 

• Upvote 1

I think the referee will do us a favour and wait until the third minute before giving them a penalty. 

We'll have a last minute chance but Maguire will take a gun out and shoot Salah but VAR will judge that it was after the whistle so nothing can be done.

While we carry Mo off the pitch Man Utd will score another and VAR will allow it.

I know, sometimes I'm TOO optimistic.

I hope to fuck i am wrong and maybe Matip (stop sniggering at the back) can stay fit and form a partnership with Fabinho, but i just can't see how a team fielding Championship (at best) level centre halves week in week out/asking Henderson to play there and so on can win the Premier League.

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

I hope to fuck i am wrong and maybe Matip (stop sniggering at the back) can stay fit and form a partnership with Fabinho, but i just can't see how a team fielding Championship (at best) level centre halves week in week out/asking Henderson to play there and so on can win the Premier League.

They can't.

Also the no fans thing is beginning to shape the league. Its no coincidence United are doing well since the ban on fans into stadiums. They have thrived off the lack of pressure that comes from performing in pressure cooker situations, especially at home where some of the performances, even lately would see the crowd getting on their backs.

In football you pay for the best and you train them to perform at the highest level which includes the pressure cooker of consistency inside full stadia. Its no wonder, Villa, Everton, Soton and co are doing well.

Then you have the refs who not only don't answer to anyone, but no longer have to deal with a crowd on their backs over their decision making and VAR which is simply another version of inconsistency.

I hope they shut the game and season down because frankly, its unbearable at the moment. Its a shadow of its former self.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

With a full squad from here we wouldn’t be 6 behind Utd in my opinion after the weekend. 

Agreed. I was saying if we found ourselves 6 points behind (ie we lose at the weekend with the current demoralised, patchwork team) I'd still be confident of finishing above them if we did somehow get everyone back immediately afterwards. City, on the other hand, are brilliant flat-track bullies, which is why I think they’d be hard to reel in regardless of who we had available.

I dont think united are playing better because stadiums are empty, personally. They are where they are and we are where we are down to outright dubious officiating and decisions.

Didnt see their game last night but according to all the reports Shaw should have seen red yet he gets a yellow. It's just another in the litany of favourable decisions they have got.

Over the Christmas period we've been very poor and results wise, have got what we deserved. Even so, if VAR had of done it's job, we'd have had a pen at Newcastle and Walcott probably sent off at Southampton. Dont get me started about the derby and Brighton games.

• Upvote 1