You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Premier League -17/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

15 minutes ago, Lario said:

I can’t wait for Thiago to show Fernandes what a proper midfielder is. 

I don't know how any Liverpool fan could be looking forward to that game.  Matip being fit then yes but otherwise there's a huge chance of complete embarrassment against a woeful United side. 

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

I don't know how any Liverpool fan could be looking forward to that game.  Matip being fit then yes but otherwise there's a huge chance of complete embarrassment against a woeful United side. 

Oh, I’m not looking forward to it. I actually get a knot in my stomach thinking about it. 
But it’s gonna happen. 
And when it does, Thiago’s gonna be boss. 

On 10/01/2021 at 23:18, dockers_strike said:

Fucking amazing, the people saying if we draw or lose to united, that's the title fucked off are the same people who said we werent winning the title when we were 20 odd points in front of the 2nd placed team.

Scarred by 30 years of cruel disappointment I could never sell myself completely to a league title triumph. 

Did we win? 

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Scarred by 30 years of cruel disappointment I could never sell myself completely to a league title triumph. 

Did we win? 

Nah. 2 years on the Kop and the other 28 in my seat in the now SKD Upper since the 1990 title and I lived through all the barren years and close runs. Nothing I saw last season convinced me there was going to be another disappointment.

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Nah. 2 years on the Kop and the other 28 in my seat in the now SKD Upper since the 1990 title and I lived through all the barren years and close runs. Nothing I saw last season convinced me there was going to be another disappointment.

I think most of us knew inside we were winning it from Christmas on - but nobody wanted to shout it from the rooftops as a defence mechanism just in case.....and actually look what happened....

A fucking pandemic arrived - a once in a lifetime world lockdown came and it was touch and go for months whether we'd get to finish what we started - that fact happening alone says it all about the potential for cruel disappointment.

Fucking hell - 30 years of watching the mancs over and over lift and the rest lift it - even fucking Blackburn and Leicester and then when we are on the verge in a pretty much invincible position and finally ready to get the massive 20,000 ton monkey off our back  the world goes into lockdown and footy stops......

Unreal.

So i don't blame anyone for being 'careful' now or then!

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Simbo said:

Fucking massive game. Love it.

I reckon this is the closest we have been, playing each other at this point in the season, since I can't remember when... might be decades.

(When we stuffed them at OT 4-1 there was more than 3 points between us.)