Quantcast
LFC moments which live in your head rent free - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Paulie Dangerously

LFC moments which live in your head rent free

10 hours ago, Mark M said:

Losing 4-3 to palace in the FA cup

THE nightmare... and what's worse, being there.

9 minutes ago, Edward. said:

You think that’s bad I was working at Crystal Palace National Sports Centre.

I got back to London that day and my flatmates teased: what's the difference between Liverpool supporters and Nelson Mandela?  Mandela's going to Wembley.

Wimbledon v Liverpool, League Cup 4th Round, 14th December 1993.

Feeling peckish at half-time, I remembered I still had the corned beef butties that my mum had made me that morning. To my dismay, she had put tomatoes in them instead of mustard. Throughout the course of the day the tomato juice had seeped into the bread, rendering them a soggy mess.

Oh, we lost on penalties.

• Upvote 1

On 08/01/2021 at 18:45, Grinch said:

Which Cantona goal?  I've been blaming redknapp for the fa cup final one for 25 years. 

I blamed Rob Jones for shying away in the wall.

31 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Feeling peckish at half-time, I remembered I still had the corned beef butties that my mum had made me that morning. To my dismay, she had put tomatoes in them instead of mustard. Throughout the course of the day the tomato juice had seeped into the bread, rendering them a soggy mess.

Nothing worse.

• Upvote 1

Houllier taking Hamann off against Bayer Leverkusen.

That 2nd half performance against Sevilla in Basel.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, aRdja said:

That 2nd half performance against Sevilla in Basel.

Compete opposite with me. I generally forget any lost finals very quickly. I haven't watched any losing finals back ever I don't think. 

That Fraser Forster gobshite being allowed to stand over Milner as he waited to take a pen, whispering shite at him, while kicking the penalty spot, at the fucking kop end. The absolute cunt. I remember watching it thinking we were fucked if the group of lads out there would let someone get away with that. It was the  season after Gerrard had packed in I think. I was convinced we were doomed.

Also, the Arsenal 0-2 and Thomas last minute in 89 - my first ever memory of being emotionally affected by football. Still felt sad the next morning when I woke up as a just turned 7 year old. Tough lesson.

• Upvote 1

That season we were defending champions and only just top of the league going into January with no fit first team centre halves and having to decimate our midfield to cover in defence and we inexplicably didn't get sign any reinforcements.

• Upvote 1

On 10/01/2021 at 10:27, skaro said:

THE nightmare... and what's worse, being there.

Was there too and even worse in the heat of the moment (sure i have shared my shame on here before) i was horrible to a fella in a wheelchair.

Suarez hitting the bar with that ridiculous volley from a corner against arsenal IIRC. The fact that it didn't go in was a criminal waste of one of the best efforts ever. What could have been. Still annoys me that it didn't go it. Same as Carras piledriver in his last game to a lesser extent.

5 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

That season we were defending champions and only just top of the league going into January with no fit first team centre halves and having to decimate our midfield to cover in defence and we inexplicably didn't get sign any reinforcements.

1962-63 season? Remember it well.

19 minutes ago, an tha said:

Those manc bastards dumping us out the cup with two late goals after we led for almost the whole game in 99.

Sadly, that was a mere dress rehearsal for Clive's balmy night in Barcelona.

And this!

Still not sure i've ever seen us play better.

Fucking hell there were at least 2 or 3 would be goals that hit post or bar that would have been goal of the season contenders on top of the 5 we did score.

28 minutes ago, an tha said:

And this!

Still not sure i've ever seen us play better.

Fucking hell there were at least 2 or 3 would be goals that hit post or bar that would have been goal of the season contenders on top of the 5 we did score.

The official LFC magazine revealed hip-hop's biggest superstar Dr Dre is a Liverpool fan on Tuesday night. Here's the strangest interview ever

So you like Liverpool?

Yeah! They're the team I always look out for when I'm at home. Back in 1988 I was in London on a promotional tour with NWA, and one night we were watching TV and these cool cats in red came on the box. They whupped some poor dudes four or five zip.

Do you remember any of the players from last night?

John Barnes. He was bad. Kinda reminded me of Magic Johnson. I'm from LA and dig the Lakers, especially when Magic was there, and Barnes was like him, in that he made the ball talk. The cat was cool.

Did you ever hear him rap?

No, but if he rapped like he played, I might have signed him up...

Do you know any of the current team?

Michael Owen is your most famous player in the States. Robbie Fowler and Jamie Redknapp are old school, so I've seen them play quite a few times. And there's the guy with the long hair. Help me out here...

Patrik Berger...

Bingo! He's the bomb!

Who's your favourite player?

Michael owen. Whoa!

What did you make of Liverpool's success last season?

I read about it when they won the Cup last May. My man Owen again, and then he was in a crazy game for England with volleyball scores against Germany. Liverpool's success is down to their manager. He's got everything running as smooth as the alphabet.

What's the football coverage like in America?

We have a review of English soccer every Monday on television, which I tune into if I can. America isn't a soccer nation, we tend to stick to our own sports like gridiron and baseball.

And what's your prediction for Liverpool this season?

They'll come ahead of Manchester United. That right there is the whole game.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The official LFC magazine revealed hip-hop's biggest superstar Dr Dre is a Liverpool fan on Tuesday night. Here's the strangest interview ever

So you like Liverpool?

Yeah! They're the team I always look out for when I'm at home. Back in 1988 I was in London on a promotional tour with NWA, and one night we were watching TV and these cool cats in red came on the box. They whupped some poor dudes four or five zip.

Do you remember any of the players from last night?

John Barnes. He was bad. Kinda reminded me of Magic Johnson. I'm from LA and dig the Lakers, especially when Magic was there, and Barnes was like him, in that he made the ball talk. The cat was cool.

Did you ever hear him rap?

No, but if he rapped like he played, I might have signed him up...

Do you know any of the current team?

Michael Owen is your most famous player in the States. Robbie Fowler and Jamie Redknapp are old school, so I've seen them play quite a few times. And there's the guy with the long hair. Help me out here...

Patrik Berger...

Bingo! He's the bomb!

Who's your favourite player?

Michael owen. Whoa!

What did you make of Liverpool's success last season?

I read about it when they won the Cup last May. My man Owen again, and then he was in a crazy game for England with volleyball scores against Germany. Liverpool's success is down to their manager. He's got everything running as smooth as the alphabet.

What's the football coverage like in America?

We have a review of English soccer every Monday on television, which I tune into if I can. America isn't a soccer nation, we tend to stick to our own sports like gridiron and baseball.

And what's your prediction for Liverpool this season?

They'll come ahead of Manchester United. That right there is the whole game.

I see you haven't forgot about Dre....

• Upvote 2

On 10/01/2021 at 14:41, Tony Moanero said:

Your food mishaps at Anfield have definitely soured your visits to the match. Hope you had a packet of Custard Creams handy to ease the hardship?

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Your food mishaps at Anfield have definitely soured your visits to the match. Hope you had a packet of Custard Creams handy to ease the hardship?

I never ate biscuits at the match. I’m a dunker and the hustle and bustle of the Kop would have made pouring tea from a flask impossible. 

I always thought I would eventually retire to the Main Stand, where a small picnic basket, Thermos and blanket were more appropriate. Sadly, it wasn’t to be.

• Upvote 1

John Arne Riise's own goal v Chelsea. 

I was right behind it in the Kop. Without doubt the worst piece of footballing I have ever had the horror to see all because he wouldn't use his right foot, the absolute weapon.