You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC moments which live in your head rent free

Wimbledon v Liverpool, League Cup 4th Round, 14th December 1993.

Feeling peckish at half-time, I remembered I still had the corned beef butties that my mum had made me that morning. To my dismay, she had put tomatoes in them instead of mustard. Throughout the course of the day the tomato juice had seeped into the bread, rendering them a soggy mess.

Oh, we lost on penalties.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Feeling peckish at half-time, I remembered I still had the corned beef butties that my mum had made me that morning. To my dismay, she had put tomatoes in them instead of mustard. Throughout the course of the day the tomato juice had seeped into the bread, rendering them a soggy mess.

Nothing worse.

• Upvote 1

That Fraser Forster gobshite being allowed to stand over Milner as he waited to take a pen, whispering shite at him, while kicking the penalty spot, at the fucking kop end. The absolute cunt. I remember watching it thinking we were fucked if the group of lads out there would let someone get away with that. It was the  season after Gerrard had packed in I think. I was convinced we were doomed.

Also, the Arsenal 0-2 and Thomas last minute in 89 - my first ever memory of being emotionally affected by football. Still felt sad the next morning when I woke up as a just turned 7 year old. Tough lesson.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

That season we were defending champions and only just top of the league going into January with no fit first team centre halves and having to decimate our midfield to cover in defence and we inexplicably didn't get sign any reinforcements.

1962-63 season? Remember it well.

28 minutes ago, an tha said:

And this!

Still not sure i've ever seen us play better.

Fucking hell there were at least 2 or 3 would be goals that hit post or bar that would have been goal of the season contenders on top of the 5 we did score.

The official LFC magazine revealed hip-hop's biggest superstar Dr Dre is a Liverpool fan on Tuesday night. Here's the strangest interview ever

So you like Liverpool?

Yeah! They're the team I always look out for when I'm at home. Back in 1988 I was in London on a promotional tour with NWA, and one night we were watching TV and these cool cats in red came on the box. They whupped some poor dudes four or five zip.

Do you remember any of the players from last night?

John Barnes. He was bad. Kinda reminded me of Magic Johnson. I'm from LA and dig the Lakers, especially when Magic was there, and Barnes was like him, in that he made the ball talk. The cat was cool.

Did you ever hear him rap?

No, but if he rapped like he played, I might have signed him up...

Do you know any of the current team?

Michael Owen is your most famous player in the States. Robbie Fowler and Jamie Redknapp are old school, so I've seen them play quite a few times. And there's the guy with the long hair. Help me out here...

Patrik Berger...

Bingo! He's the bomb!

Who's your favourite player?

Michael owen. Whoa!

What did you make of Liverpool's success last season?

I read about it when they won the Cup last May. My man Owen again, and then he was in a crazy game for England with volleyball scores against Germany. Liverpool's success is down to their manager. He's got everything running as smooth as the alphabet.

What's the football coverage like in America?

We have a review of English soccer every Monday on television, which I tune into if I can. America isn't a soccer nation, we tend to stick to our own sports like gridiron and baseball.

And what's your prediction for Liverpool this season?

They'll come ahead of Manchester United. That right there is the whole game.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The official LFC magazine revealed hip-hop's biggest superstar Dr Dre is a Liverpool fan on Tuesday night. Here's the strangest interview ever

So you like Liverpool?

Yeah! They're the team I always look out for when I'm at home. Back in 1988 I was in London on a promotional tour with NWA, and one night we were watching TV and these cool cats in red came on the box. They whupped some poor dudes four or five zip.

Do you remember any of the players from last night?

John Barnes. He was bad. Kinda reminded me of Magic Johnson. I'm from LA and dig the Lakers, especially when Magic was there, and Barnes was like him, in that he made the ball talk. The cat was cool.

Did you ever hear him rap?

No, but if he rapped like he played, I might have signed him up...

Do you know any of the current team?

Michael Owen is your most famous player in the States. Robbie Fowler and Jamie Redknapp are old school, so I've seen them play quite a few times. And there's the guy with the long hair. Help me out here...

Patrik Berger...

Bingo! He's the bomb!

Who's your favourite player?

Michael owen. Whoa!

What did you make of Liverpool's success last season?

I read about it when they won the Cup last May. My man Owen again, and then he was in a crazy game for England with volleyball scores against Germany. Liverpool's success is down to their manager. He's got everything running as smooth as the alphabet.

What's the football coverage like in America?

We have a review of English soccer every Monday on television, which I tune into if I can. America isn't a soccer nation, we tend to stick to our own sports like gridiron and baseball.

And what's your prediction for Liverpool this season?

They'll come ahead of Manchester United. That right there is the whole game.

I see you haven't forgot about Dre....

• Upvote 2

On 10/01/2021 at 14:41, Tony Moanero said:

Your food mishaps at Anfield have definitely soured your visits to the match. Hope you had a packet of Custard Creams handy to ease the hardship?

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Your food mishaps at Anfield have definitely soured your visits to the match. Hope you had a packet of Custard Creams handy to ease the hardship?

I never ate biscuits at the match. I’m a dunker and the hustle and bustle of the Kop would have made pouring tea from a flask impossible. 

I always thought I would eventually retire to the Main Stand, where a small picnic basket, Thermos and blanket were more appropriate. Sadly, it wasn’t to be.

• Upvote 1