You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC moments which live in your head rent free

The whole Suarez v Evra affair with its aftermath still infuriates me.

The current treatment of Sadio by every ref in the league (it seems)

The Kompany tackle on Salah

The Chelsea/Mourinho timewasting from the first minute in 13/14.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Giving the pen to Sturridge to get his hat trick to make it 5-0 in the Derby. Pisses me off. 
Sterling offside v City.

Toure square pass v West Brom in the last minutes to gift equaliser.

Sakho to Stevie V Chelsea

Joe Allen miss

That season lives in my head, what could/should have been.

Karius 

2nd half v Seville Final

Riise OG v Chelsea Semi. What was he doing

Taking Hamann off v Leverkusen

Barnes trying to dribble instead of going for the corner flag in dying seconds v Arse ‘89. 

Naby non penalty v Leics 2 seasons back

Kuyt having a goal ruled out for offside against Stoke in a league match around 2008 or 2009. He got on the end of a Stevie free kick at the far post in the early minutes of the game, only for the lino to rule it out for offside (it wasn't). We toiled for the rest of the game and it ended 0-0, with the ref allowing Stoke to be overly physical and waste time the way most refs do at Anfield.

Sterling's 'offside' goal at the Etihad. One of the most shambolic bits of officiating I've ever seen. It wasn't width-of-a-gnat's-pube stuff like VAR would rule out nowadays. He was about two yards onside!

Kuyt nearly scoring a goal of the season contender against Atletico Madrid after some amazing one-touch football on the edge of the area by the likes of Stevie, Aquilani and Yossi.

Any time David James came out for, and missed, a cross.

Our performance in the 1996 cup final.

Rafa's team selection in the 2007 European Cup Final.

The derby this season will sting for a long time.

Other stuff I'm less arsed about now we've finally won the league again.

Karius but to a lesser extent Mane's decent effort against the outside of the post at 2-1 in Kiev that could have changed the game. That was a brilliant weekend but it could have been even better.

Suarez's last minute derby winner being disallowed when it was onside.

Adrian's shitty clearance against Atletico last year.

Andy Carroll's effort in the Cup final v Chelsea that looked like it crossed the line and would have made it 2-2

Moses miss from 2 yards in the last minute of the 3-3 at Palace

Riise's own goal in the European Cup semi against Chelsea

A chipped effort from Aurelio against Chelsea in the 4-4 game that went just wide. Would have made it 3-0.

Hamann being subbed off for Smicer when we were winning in Leverkusen.

Losing the 2007 Athens final when we should have played a more attacking team and battered them.

The collapse against Sevilla and half the team just going missing. 

The 1987 League Cup Final against Arsenal, two shite players becoming heroes then doing nothing of any note after that. 

The way Wimbledon beating us in 1988 is made out to be the biggest FA cup shock of all time when they were 8th in the league. Gets brought up every time there is a shock result in the FA cup. 

David James being a useless twat and continually costing us games because he couldn't catch crosses. 

The shot against Man City not going in when we lost at their place, literally 2 per cent of the ball was not over the line.

Sterling's goal being judged offside against Man City when he was about 5 yards onside. 

Gerrard slipping against Chelsea

• Greenhoff deflection 77 jammy cunts

• Thomas goal ‘89 cunt

• Beardsley disallowed goal v Wimbledon Cup final 88 cunts

• Mascherano sending off at Old Trafford for questioning the ref. The only time the ‘respect’ campaign was actually used as a punishment, cunts.

• That Cantona cup final goal, half the defence and keeper on goal line still couldn’t keep it out, stupid cunts.

8 hours ago, aws said:

Anyone mention Charlie Fucking George yet? 

When he's lying on the deck you can see Alec Lindsay with his socks rolled gutted, as I was as an 11 year old and still am. 

Michael Thomas, the horror.

Gerrards goal in the Cup final v West Ham, the wonder. 

76 invading the pitch at Wolves. 

Alonso putting the rebound in 2005 final to make 3-3

Riise's own goal v Chelsea, the horror. 

Tommy Smiths header in the European Cup final 77.

Losing 4-3 to palace in the FA cup

David James being shite

96 Cup Final 

Carraghers tackle on Nani and somehow not getting sent off.

Gerrard asking the ref to make sure he sent an Everton player off and then he does. 

Clattenberg not giving Everton a pen when carra was swinging out of Ferguson. 

• Like 1

On 08/01/2021 at 19:05, Leyton388 said:

Xabi giving the free kick away in the 2007 CL final to which Milan Scored from. 

I was there that night and seem to remember we got fuck all from the ref in their half. That goal was fucking spawny as it hit Inzaghi's arm to deflect it past Reina.

13 hours ago, RedKnight said:

Rafa's team selection in the 2007 European Cup Final.

Harry Fucking Kewell. 

12 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Losing the 2007 Athens final when we should have played a more attacking team and battered them.

I was gutted that Robbie didn't get half an hour or even make the bench to say goodbye in club football's biggest game.

If's and buts too but I can't help but think if we had signed Torres a year earlier, we'd have been sat on 7 European Cups now, at least.

3 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

I was there that night and seem to remember we got fuck all from the ref in their half. That goal was fucking spawny as it hit Inzaghi's arm to deflect it past Reina.

Harry Fucking Kewell. 

I was gutted that Robbie didn't get half an hour or even make the bench to say goodbye in club football's biggest game.

If's and buts too but I can't help but think if we had signed Torres a year earlier, we'd have been sat on 7 European Cups now, at least.

8 if we didn't have Karius in goal in 2018.

I thought that we should have at least played one of Crouch or Bellamy as the Milan defenders said they thought it would be difficult to play against Crouch. Also their back line were all in their mid thirties and would never have kept up with Bellamy. Completely forgot about Robbie Fowler.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

8 if we didn't have Karius in goal in 2018.

I thought that we should have at least played one of Crouch or Bellamy as the Milan defenders said they thought it would be difficult to play against Crouch. Also their back line were all in their mid thirties and would never have kept up with Bellamy. Completely forgot about Robbie Fowler.

That's definitely another what if regarding Karius. On the flip side, it made Jürgen and FSG stump up the cash for Ali.

We definitely missed having pace up front in 2007. It was a shitty day all round that day. There wasn't a nice atmosphere around the stadium all day and I was glad I got in early after hearing what happened outside.