You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Covid / Footy

Bjornebye

I reckon we will see it called off at least for a few weeks. Sounds like this Villa stuff is worse than the other clubs who've had to cancel games. Their game against Spurs in major doubt for Wednesday. 

Dyche has made a point about Prem players getting the vaccine early so they can play and also to move the cost of them getting tested 3/4 times a week over to the NHS. Works in theory but a lot of people against players queue jumping the vaccine list. You know what would happen, they'd keep having parties anyway. 

I think they should have jibbed international football for a year or two already and maybe even had a year without European competitions as well this season. Too late to null & void stuff now of-course. 

Going to be very hard to stop and then be able to finish this season - unless they jib the European Championship International shite planned for Summer....which would be good if they did IMO.

They'll want to carry on for sure, have a feeling if it stops then it may not restart and we'll end up with a PPG or a null and void job, unless they do jib the international shite planned for summer.

There is not a big window even then if you want next season to start 'normally' - have any kind of reasonable break/pre season again.

If we’re not going to have a full house for Palace last game of the season to celebrate back-2-back titles, which is looking unlikely, my enthusiasm for the season is beginning to significantly reduce.

However, for obvious reasons. I wanted it finished last season & whether it’s in our interests or not, it should be finished this season as well.

I significantly doubt the Euros will be moved again. IMO, every club is allowed to cancel 1 league game. After that, it’s send out a youth team or forfeit the fixture.

As it stands, it's only the English and Scottish leagues that are at risk to suspension unless the rest of Europe begins to creak under the strain, so the Euro's won't be cancelled to allow just our leagues to complete. They may play the Euro's and reconvene the season after its conclusion, pushing next years back again.

Personally, I believe if the league is suspended it will take around 3 months to get back up and running again, and you've got contracts expiring, sponsorship, broadcasting contracts etc which was an issue last season and can't see them wanting to go through it all again.

The answer? Fuck knows.

This weekend will be really interesting,  we will see clubs play u19 teams, some will forfeit and others will have the FA forfeit for them. In all honesty that what was agreed and what should happen and should have happened to City and Fulham. With each passing week the dates left in the calendar to play postponed games reduce. Everton and Spurs are down a game already and both are due to play Villa, where are Spurs supposed to fit in these games if progress in Europe?  Why should spurs have to play 5 games in a week because clubs lost control?  Its incredibly unlucky but also tough shit. Going forward points should be awarded to the opposition if you can't fulfil a game. No reason a club can't keep their senior and youth teams in separate bubbles. 

I guess when I see how the likes of Rio are acting and other hypocrites like him who used people dying as a possible chance to laugh at and deny a club who were like 25 points clear a deserved title then I’m not arsed what happens to this season 

23/3/2020

32 deaths 

EqzrNnpXMAAI-qN?format=jpg&name=medium

31/12/2020

964 deaths

EqzrNoCXAAgfGLL?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 2

I think it should be suspended for 6-8 weeks because it's rapidly becoming farcial  but it won't be because money talks. If the super- transmissible version takes off in Europe then anything might happen because their infection rates are really high just with the first version but, short of that, the Euro timetable will drive the decision-making. 

I suppose in theory there's nothing to stop the league continuing right up until the Euros and finishing afterwards but that's desperation measures so I think we'll just keep limping along. 

I think it's a question of when not if leagues will be suspened. There's a groundswell building in the media about it especially with this more viralent version. The PL announced 40 positive tests recently which is a big increase over previous totals.

seeing news the game tonight will go ahead.

3 month break from football, bin the euros off, 1 legged euro ties at a neutral venue. 

This season has to be finished no matter what. 

I will never call for null and void because although I am a cunt I'm not a petty childish cunt.

It would also boil everyone's piss if VVD and JG managed to get themselves fit and we pissed the league.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12182401/coronavirus-112-positive-test-results-in-efl-testing

112 positive cases in latest roubd of testing of EFL clubs. 
...Testing programme involved 3,507 players and staff from 66 EFL clubs who are involved in FA Cup or league action this weekend; it's understood almost a third of the positive tests centred on just three clubs; Norwich goalkeeper Tim Krul and Brentford boss Thomas Frank among confirmed cases...

they need to do something. 

• 6 months later...

Looks increasingly likely that you will need two jabs in order to enter footy grounds next season. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/premier-league-covid-vaccine-both-b1889979.html

Coronavirus vaccine passports are to be introduced at football matches from October – potentially putting hundreds of thousands of Premier League fans at risk of being refused entry to stadiums, reports suggest. 

Ministers are thought to be in the process of finalising plans to make double vaccination status a mandatory requirement for supporters attending matches, according to both the Daily Telegraph and the Mirror, as part of the drive to keep the country moving in the run-up to Christmas.

The move will allegedly extend to the autumn rugby internationals, major concerts, and spectator events of 20,000 or more in what is considered the latest step in Boris Johnson’s plan to encourage all adults in the UK to get both doses of a vaccine.

Earlier this week, it was announced that by the end of September the passports will be compulsory for crowded venues in England – including nightclubs. 

All 92 professional football clubs in England are set to be affected by the incoming policy, sparking financial concerns for lower-league teams who rely on matchday cash to make a profit.

Had our mid-summer piss up with some of the match lads yesterday and the word, is that Norwich, and potentially all PL clubs, are not allowing away fans till at least October/November. Questions why the mancs are giving the Bloos a 1700 allocation for their friendly, but thats the shit news I'm hearing.

Javid said something today, amongst the other shite he spouted, that in crowds of over 20k vaccine certificates might be needed.

Making it up on the spot as usual.

But thinking about Anfield it should be fine as you have scanners and I'm sure these can be reconfigured to have a QR code, or maybe not I don't know.

Thinking it might just be another push to get the young 'ens vaccinated as I don't think anyone under the age of thirty can afford a ticket anymore.

Either way I can see aways being home fans only if we get the projected infection rates that are touted.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Javid said something today, amongst the other shite he spouted, that in crowds of over 20k vaccine certificates might be needed.

Making it up on the spot as usual.

But thinking about Anfield it should be fine as you have scanners and I'm sure these can be reconfigured to have a QR code, or maybe not I don't know.

Thinking it might just be another push to get the young 'ens vaccinated as I don't think anyone under the age of thirty can afford a ticket anymore.

Either way I can see aways being home fans only if we get the projected infection rates that are touted.

Is that home fans only, before or after the next lockdown?